T-shirts at a memorial service aren't political?

Who paid for and made them? Why?

Shirts sit on the back of chairs before a memorial service for ... - Yahoo! News Photos

capt.ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a679d-ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a679d-0.jpg

r51761037.jpg

That message is a really bad one to you, isn't it?

Which word do you hate the most? "Together" or "Thrive"? Or maybe "we"?

a spirit of togetherness.

Do you really think the victims would not want people to come together and thrive?

Was this the Rallying Cry after Ft. Hood by you, Truthy?...

:)

peace...

The university planned this.

the university wanted people to walk the community with the message over their hearts for people in the community to see.

Please refrain from further insulting this grieving community by tarnishing their attempts to heal themselves.

They have to do something, anything to denigrate this. Don't you see?

Exploitation at the venue by a political machine that was supposed to be a memorial service and instead was packed with political supporters. A mentally ill person kills 6 and wounds many more, so we have 'cheering' for Obama? I'd be disgusted and many will feel the same.

Good morning Annie,

I believer the words "Together we Thrive, Tucson America" will comfort the people who see it.
Yep...maybe the righties would like it better if the University gave out Tshirts that said, "Let's all curl up in a ball and die in reaction to this tragedy"

Or a t-shirt that said "Stop Picking on Sarah!"

Democrats died? Judge Rolls was a Republican, as was at least one of the others who died. Christina Green was 9 - to the best of anyone's knowledge, she was not a member of any political party. Your response is partisan rhetoric. And you should be ashamed of it.

thank you for saying that. The rightwingnts are an embarrassment. Can you imagine blaming the congress woman for being shot? Can you imagine the petulance and ignorance of these people saying it was a 'democratic' rally? I'm betting the morons didn't even watch, but gt their doubtful other imbeciles in the blogosphere. We already know for a fact that the boi troll OP didn't watch or listen. What was 'democratic' about the event? The fact that no one was asking about 'second amendment remedies?

Can you imagin what these nutbars would have said if a republic congress person was shot and pelosi didn't show up when SHE was speaker?

Loons, the lot of them. Hanks four *your* post. It reminds me there are rational people on the right.

And you call this rant, rational?:lol:

too many words for you to understand, loon?

It's too bad Barry had to use the 2012 Replacement for "Yes We Can" for this Event...

Now he will have to come up with another one...

By the way, Kaiser called...

ThriveAlone.gif

They want some Duckets for using they Shit!

Of course that's not as Deliberate a Rip-off of a Children's Book and Bob the Builder, like Barry's 2008 Theme was, but...

:)

peace...

I read there were bumper stickers, too. I'm working on sourcing that.

Did they say "Give War a Chance" ? I heard that one is popular with a certain crowd.

So let me get this right? We have a now 12+ page thread about t-shirts?? T-shirts?? T-shirts that say nothing political and don't mention anyone by name? T-shirts?
Some people STILL don't know what really matters in life. You obviously didn't bother listening to the speech last night or it went right over your head.

T-shirts handed out at a political rally with the President of the United States making a political speech, T-Shirts handed out by Democrats, to remember a democrat, with a slogan that is being used politically is not political.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong and Wrong - See Bold above

This was not a political rally or political speech, you have no proof that Democrats handed anything out and this was not to remember a Democrat. How was the slogan used politically? Did you even listen to the speech?????

Holy fuck you are an idiot. Please just neg me and don't respond to my post. Make it easier on both of us.

I gave you positive rep, did you do the same to me. Yes I have no proof, I was hoping for some in the form of an email, I also thought the slogan was bought and paid for to be found on google but it was not, I did see some articles though, both right and left, I think it was the Democrat Underground website that called this a rally. I really do not care, see things as you see them.

The only way either of us will know who is correct is as time passes. The Democrats can not lose, they can now say its us extreme neo-cons that politicized the rally. A bait and switch, maybe we can call it Democrat trolling so they can say they told us so.

Did I listen to the speech, not at all, I never responded to the speech, did I. I just stated Obama appeared at a Democrat rally, or did I say that, I do not know, I have not gone back to look and you did not quote me so you can just tell everyone what I said and what I meant. Go ahead, I really do not care.

Politics has sure become really bad ever since the Democrats lost the base to their party, now all they have left is to convince the minorities to join because we are the ones that hate.

Good luck with that. Be careful, if the truth gets out that I am a ****** Lover your party has no chance in hell. Thats right, I love black people and have been called a ****** Lover. How is that for a stereotype, white far right conservative extremist is a ****** lover. How will the Democrats convince all the minorities we hate them if the truth about me gets out.

Yes, holy fuck, I am an idiot, to waste my time sharing my life and experience in hopes that if someone undecided reads our posts they side with me and not you.

For your sake, I hope they just take your word that I am a holy fuck idiot, what if they decide to read all that I post and decide on their own, I hate to see that you wasted your time trying to convince people how to think about me.

T-shirts handed out at a political rally with the President of the United States making a political speech, T-Shirts handed out by Democrats, to remember a democrat, with a slogan that is being used politically is not political.

This was not a political rally or political speech, you have no proof that Democrats handed anything out and this was not to remember a Democrat. How was the slogan used politically? Did you even listen to the speech?????

Holy fuck you are an idiot. Please just neg me and don't respond to my post. Make it easier on both of us.

I gave you positive rep, did you do the same to me. Yes I have no proof, I was hoping for some in the form of an email, I also thought the slogan was bought and paid for to be found on google but it was not, I did see some articles though, both right and left, I think it was the Democrat Underground website that called this a rally. I really do not care, see things as you see them.

The only way either of us will know who is correct is as time passes. The Democrats can not lose, they can now say its us extreme neo-cons that politicized the rally. A bait and switch, maybe we can call it Democrat trolling so they can say they told us so.

Did I listen to the speech, not at all, I never responded to the speech, did I. I just stated Obama appeared at a Democrat rally, or did I say that, I do not know, I have not gone back to look and you did not quote me so you can just tell everyone what I said and what I meant. Go ahead, I really do not care.

Politics has sure become really bad ever since the Democrats lost the base to their party, now all they have left is to convince the minorities to join because we are the ones that hate.

Good luck with that. Be careful, if the truth gets out that I am a ****** Lover your party has no chance in hell. Thats right, I love black people and have been called a ****** Lover. How is that for a stereotype, white far right conservative extremist is a ****** lover. How will the Democrats convince all the minorities we hate them if the truth about me gets out.

Yes, holy fuck, I am an idiot, to waste my time sharing my life and experience in hopes that if someone undecided reads our posts they side with me and not you.

For your sake, I hope they just take your word that I am a holy fuck idiot, what if they decide to read all that I post and decide on their own, I hate to see that you wasted your time trying to convince people how to think about me.

What the hell did I just read?

I was wrong, you're not an idiot. You're bat shit crazy. :cuckoo:

I found the T-shirts, the boos, the standing ovations, the cheers crass as all get out..

sad to say, I didn't expect anything else.

So you didn't watch the speech, I gather...

While I give Obama high marks for what I would have to say is the best speech he has given.... the event was a circus.

All these memorials, candle light vigils, etc.... enough already.

What the hell did I just read?

I was wrong, you're not an idiot. You're bat shit crazy. :cuckoo:

He just said on another thread he has been drinking..

it shows....

I found the T-shirts, the boos, the standing ovations, the cheers crass as all get out..

sad to say, I didn't expect anything else.

So you didn't watch the speech, I gather...

While I give Obama high marks for what I would have to say is the best speech he has given.... the event was a circus.

All these memorials, candle light vigils, etc.... enough already.

I was refering to the comment that Stephanie made - there was no "booing" at the event. Which makes me think that she didn't see it, only heard about it on the radio.

People react to tragedy differently. Although I may not feel the same "mood" as the audience there did, I think it's a bit of a fucking reach to blame it on Obama, or call the event "political".

pass the buck.

SNIP:

White House Says It Wasn't Responsible for Picking Rowdy Basketball Arena for Arizona Memorial Service
Thursday, January 13, 2011
By Fred Lucas

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs talks to reporters about President Obama in Tucson last night where he gave a speech to console the nation and honor the victims of a shooting rampage that that killed six people and left 14 injured, at the White House in Washington, Thursday, Jan. 13, 2011. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

Washington (CNSNews.com) – White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Thursday that the White Houes was not responsible for choosing a basketball arena, as opposed to a church or a smaller auditorium that might be more conducive to a solemn event, for Wednesday's night's memorial service in Tucson, Ariz.

The McKale Memorial Center, an athletics facility at the University of Arizona, was packed with a reported 14,000 people, who repeatedly broke out in cheers and screams of a sort not ordinarily associated with a memorial service.

Last Sunday, the Arizona Wildcats basketball team played Stanford in the same arena, and this Saturday they will play Arizaon state there.

Gibbs said the White House did not play a role in choosing the venue for the memorial. A university spokesperson told CNSNews.com that the venue was picked after President Barack Obama confirmed he would be attending.

At Thursday's White House briefing, CNSNews.com asked, “What was the reason for choosing the arena as opposed to maybe a church or a smaller venue?”

Gibbs said the venue was chosen by the University of Arizona not the White House.

“Well, I would point you to the university on that, and I think it’s important to understand this was--we were invited to and accepted quite happily the invitation of the university,” Gibbs told CNSNews.com.

“I think having that many people there and being able to include people from the community was, again, was and is an important part of that healing process. But in terms of logistics and things like that, I’d point you to the university as they’d probably be better to answer your questions on those sorts of things,” he added.

Jennifer Fitzenberger, director of external communications for the university, confirmed the university began planning the event over the weekend, and invited President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama to attend.

“It was held at the university and coordinated with city and county officials,” Fitzenberger told CNSNews.com. “The venue was decided on after the president accepted.”

Earlier in the White House press briefing, Mark Knoller of CBS News asked Gibbs, “What did the president think about the pep rally aspect and tone of the event last night?”

Gibbs responded that it was part of the grieving process.

read the rest here.
White House Says It Wasn't Responsible for Picking Rowdy Basketball Arena for Arizona Memorial Service | CNSnews.com

Last edited:
It was a "different" event. Not like anyone expected. I don't believe, or I don't want to believe, that even Obama expected the reactions of the crowd. Regardless I still thought it was rather strange.

But what is even stranger is the people in here arguing about how the right is trash talking the t-shirts and the atmosphere of the service, yet they are ignoring what their glorious leader said.

Sorry folks, but you can't bring people together when the ones who support the guy who says it ignore everything he had to say.

Maybe if he screamed out for everybody to tone it the fuck down, then maybe one person on each side would actually hear him and react.....

The memorial was held at the university, and anyone who has lived in southern or southeastern Arizona understands why that was the right choice. Anyone who has ever attended a major university or a small community college knows that student fervor goes with any event, even one as somber as this one.

Anyone who has a problem with the memorial better understand that s/he is in the vast, vast minority.

Obama had nothing to do with the type of crowd that was there. He was a guest speaker and gave a nice speech and what the folks did that showed up was not on him. He was as surprised as anyone the way they acted.

well well, lookie what I stumbled on.

Wyoming OFA BlogStoreDonateCommunity Blogs Login | Register | Search Blogs
Post from John Berry IV's Blog: Together We Thrive
By John Berry IV - Feb 11, 2008 12:49:37 AM ET
Also listed in: Collin County for Obama | Obama Dallas

SNIP;

What I see in Obama is a chance for a revolution. A chance for every group to participate and be heard; A chance to live the American dream that has been denied to so many. Together we can and will change the world and return America to the shining beacon of Hope and Prosperity that we were and that we can be again. Only when we work together do we accomplish feats that rival any ever accomplished in the history of mankind. Diversity is our strength, that is what this campaign brings us a promise of. For many this is a scary prospect and thought, getting to know someone different from myself. We all want the same basic things for example a safe place to live, health and a quality education for our kids.

In a previous career, I was the global leader of Diversity for a global fortune 500 corporation, I have studied the affects of diverse groups working together and the results can not be denied. Together we Thrive!!!!!!!!!!!

Organizing for America | John Berry IV's Blog: Together We Thrive

Last edited:
To the vast majority of folks today, left and right and center and democrats and republicans and rightnuts and leftnuts, whom I have heard today say, "We are better than that, and I will strive to be more civil in public speech", thank you very much. The rest of you who still don't get it, I am sorry for you, because you are being left behind in the wash of history. This is one of those seminal moments in American history, and those who get it will be remember and those who don't will be forgotten.

It was a "different" event. Not like anyone expected. I don't believe, or I don't want to believe, that even Obama expected the reactions of the crowd. Regardless I still thought it was rather strange.

But what is even stranger is the people in here arguing about how the right is trash talking the t-shirts and the atmosphere of the service, yet they are ignoring what their glorious leader said.

Sorry folks, but you can't bring people together when the ones who support the guy who says it ignore everything he had to say.

Maybe if he screamed out for everybody to tone it the fuck down, then maybe one person on each side would actually hear him and react.....

I'm having a hard time untangling this sentence. What exactly do you mean?

Aside from that, I think that people react in strange ways to tragedy. It's not up to us, from across the country, to judge the people who were actually there, and their reactions to it.

And do you really think that it would have been better if the President had called out people for cheering?

Forum List

Back