T-shirts at a memorial service aren't political?

Yes I am extreme, I lock my doors at night so I do not get robbed, sure if I was robbed I could only blame the criminal and not myself. I am also very careful when I walk in the streets, I guess I should not be, I do not have to be careful, after all, we do not blame ourselves when in a dangerous place, we blame the criminals.

Yes, no personal responsibility and we cannot blame the politicians, they have no more power than us and no more responsibility to the public.

If you don't lock your doors at night and somebody breaks in-they're still committing the crime. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

The Democrats are to blame for the murder? Really? Are you that biased?

did they give Loughner the gun? no. The ammo? no. Did they force him to pull the trigger pointed at 9 year old girl? no. The only person to blame is Loughner.

And ok: why are the Democrats to blame for the murder of the little girl. Here's your chance to shine.

First and foremost I blame Congress and the Government. I do point out this was at a Democrat political event so the Democrats do bear responsibility.

One man is guilty of murder.

Congress is guilty of not protecting the public.

If the President comes to your house without security and is attacked, would you just say it was simply a crime by a nut or would you question why the President did not have the security to protect himself and the public.

Whenever anything happens its never the politicians fault. When will we hold the politicians accountable.

Here is your chance to shine, tell me how the Democrat party has no responsibility to protect the public.

A child is dead and the last people we can blame are the people who are sworn to protect us. Too bad a little of that trillion dollar stimulus did not pay for extra security with all this extreme rhetoric.

I guess when all the Democrats and all the media screams how dangerous the far right is that must be just Rhetoric because they took no steps to protect themselves from us.

Maybe they do when they travel away from home and they were just to naive, in their districts they are loved too much to worry.

Congress fails us again and the Rhetoric is the Cover-up. Do not be partisan, just blame the criminal.

If your money is stolen from the bank because they left the doors open and the alarm off can we blame the bank?

:cuckoo:

First and foremost I blame Congress and the Government. I do point out this was at a Democrat political event so the Democrats do bear responsibility.

What should they have done to prevent this from happening. Not allowed guns into the event?

Congress is guilty of not protecting the public.

Congress can't protect every single person, that's impractical. Again what should they have done-not allowed guns into the event?

Don't understand the point you're trying to make here?

I hold them accountable for lots of things-but the actions of one specific individual at an event that happens all the time in our country? You want congress all over every political event-both large and small, and to run the whole thing? Sounds like big government to me.

Here is your chance to shine, tell me how the Democrat party has no responsibility to protect the public.

Of course they do-but same thing as before-how could they have prevented this?
A child is dead and the last people we can blame are the people who are sworn to protect us. Too bad a little of that trillion dollar stimulus did not pay for extra security with all this extreme rhetoric.

I guess when all the Democrats and all the media screams how dangerous the far right is that must be just Rhetoric because they took no steps to protect themselves from us.

Maybe they do when they travel away from home and they were just to naive, in their districts they are loved too much to worry.

Congress fails us again and the Rhetoric is the Cover-up. Do not be partisan, just blame the criminal.

If your money is stolen from the bank because they left the doors open and the alarm off can we blame the bank?

Ok the bank comparison for lack of a better word is just stupid. What does that have to do with anything.

You just rambled on and on and on, but failed to name ONE way the democrats could have prevented Loughner from carrying out this attack.

Maybe he's suggesting that all 535 members of Congress have a secret service detail to accompany them AND their families. Sure. Can you imagine the screeching from the conservatives at THAT cost????

Reminds me of the T-shirt, My parents went to Florida and all I got was this crappy t-shirt. Thriving? You sort of look past the loss of these people and that offends me a more than just a little.

I see you danced right past who paid for the t-shirts.

So let me get this right? We have a now 12+ page thread about t-shirts?? T-shirts?? T-shirts that say nothing political and don't mention anyone by name? T-shirts?
Some people STILL don't know what really matters in life. You obviously didn't bother listening to the speech last night or it went right over your head.

If you think this thread is bad, check out the Internet. Google "T-shirts for Tucson memorial." It's the biggest "news" in the right wing blogosphere and Twitter Town!!!

Seriously?

Tuscon Memorial T Shirts | Together We Thrive | Arizona Shooting Memorial | Mediaite
Among attempts by some conservatives to cast last night’s “Together We Thrive” memorial for victims of the massacre in Tucson in a negative light were suggestions that the White House was involved in designing and distributing t-shirts at the event. While that notion has already been partially debunked, we looked into the rumors, and besides a frank denial from the White House, we’ve uncovered some relevant details about the shirts, which were, infact, distributed by the University of Arizona.

This type of smear is nothing new, and despite the apparent absurdity of the claim, I checked with the White House, anyway. A senior administration official confirmed the widely-reported fact that the administration had nothing to do with the shirts.

University of Arizona spokesperson Jennifer Fitzenberger told me that the shirts were, indeed, provided by the University. “The University wanted to give people something to remember that symbolized community spirit and continued the event’s positive energy into the future,” she said.

According to Fitzenberger, the shirts were designed by a University of Arizona student, and they cost about $60,000. “The University will pay for them,” she noted. “No tuition, state allocations, tax dollars or student fees will be used.”

Now, can we close the book on this bullshit?

Democrats died? Judge Rolls was a Republican, as was at least one of the others who died. Christina Green was 9 - to the best of anyone's knowledge, she was not a member of any political party. Your response is partisan rhetoric. And you should be ashamed of it.

thank you for saying that. The rightwingnts are an embarrassment. Can you imagine blaming the congress woman for being shot? Can you imagine the petulance and ignorance of these people saying it was a 'democratic' rally? I'm betting the morons didn't even watch, but gt their doubtful other imbeciles in the blogosphere. We already know for a fact that the boi troll OP didn't watch or listen. What was 'democratic' about the event? The fact that no one was asking about 'second amendment remedies?

Can you imagin what these nutbars would have said if a republic congress person was shot and pelosi didn't show up when SHE was speaker?

Loons, the lot of them. Hanks four *your* post. It reminds me there are rational people on the right.

And you call this rant, rational?:lol:

I certainly do, because it was posted by an adult.

thank you for saying that. The rightwingnts are an embarrassment. Can you imagine blaming the congress woman for being shot? Can you imagine the petulance and ignorance of these people saying it was a 'democratic' rally? I'm betting the morons didn't even watch, but gt their doubtful other imbeciles in the blogosphere. We already know for a fact that the boi troll OP didn't watch or listen. What was 'democratic' about the event? The fact that no one was asking about 'second amendment remedies?

Can you imagin what these nutbars would have said if a republic congress person was shot and pelosi didn't show up when SHE was speaker?

Loons, the lot of them. Hanks four *your* post. It reminds me there are rational people on the right.

And you call this rant, rational?:lol:

I certainly do, because it was posted by an adult.

you sure about that?:lol:

Reminds me of the T-shirt, My parents went to Florida and all I got was this crappy t-shirt. Thriving? You sort of look past the loss of these people and that offends me a more than just a little.

I see you danced right past who paid for the t-shirts.

The University of Arizona paid for them. What's your problem?

The t-shirts lessened to an extent the somberness that the memorial deserved. In my opinion, that was poorly thought out, if well meaning, and was the only less than stellar part of the evening. Those who missed the call for Americanism of goodness and truth and honor the which the young girl represented are those who are missing what America is truly about.

Last edited:
Democrats died? Judge Rolls was a Republican, as was at least one of the others who died. Christina Green was 9 - to the best of anyone's knowledge, she was not a member of any political party. Your response is partisan rhetoric. And you should be ashamed of it.

Partisan Rhetoric, no, its not. A coach to a young girl to a Democrat rally, it was for a member of Congress. I clearly state Congress failed us, I clearly state the government failed us.

My exact words ending my statement are clear, I did not end stating Democrat Congress or our Democrat President.

Nobody failed to do there job than why are they holding sessions in Congress discussing security. If this is not a failure of government why are they addressing security. If nobody failed, who is to blame, only the person who did.

Sorry, but this is politics, this is not a citizen that was a target. Sure its hindsight now but my god, if politicians come around my house I am going to have my guns ready, politicians have always attracted crazy people. Of course they are passing a law that you cannot have a gun near a Congressman so I will never be able to protect myself. Even after the Government proves over and over they fail.

I am sorry the parents have lost a child. I actual only care about the child. I feel bad for the parents, they were not even there at the end of the child's life at least from the article I read.

We can not separate the politics from a political event. We live in a dangerous world. Is this the one Congressman that never got a threat in the mail. In all seriousness, if she can think when this is all over, do you think she will apologize or will she just say I have no guilt.

Public officials first responsibility is to the safety to the public, its in their oath, its why they are in office. Gifford failed to protect herself and the public.

Its terrible, its pretty bad that we are so damned politically correct and going out of our way to prove we are better than the other we cannot state the truth.

i would respect politicians if for once they would just admit they failed.

Anyone admit they failed before 9/11? They admit they failed before the financial meltdown. When does the government ever take responsibility.

This was not a citizen, she was a politician, it was her responsibility. I do not know what to say to anyone who thinks the politicians are not responsible for the safety of the public.

The shooter is guilty of murder.

Gifford failed in her primary responsibility to the public. Our safety.

Hopefully people will realize a political event is not a place for a child. It is insane to take a child to any political event.

Personally, I refuse to walk around in a constant state of fear. That must suck, and you have my sympathies if you're that paranoid.

My wifes brother was murdered, so am I paranoid or do you know nothing about me. The other night a man running from the police was shot on our street, how am I paranoid or do you know nothing about me. Relating the story to another friend he told me another person was shot and killed by the police, one was wounded, they both were put in the police car, never seen again, I guess I am paranoid.

A woman was robbed at gunpoint in front of my house. My wifes cousin was robbed four times, my neighbors daughter was in the passenger seat of her boyfriends car while talking with six friends, a man and woman came up with a gun and said give me the car, am I paranoid or liar.

My best friend was shot three times, good news, he lived and the people who shot him knocked the baby out of his hands first. My friend lost her cell phone when the bus she rode on got took over by bandits. I was woke at six in the morning as the police were chasing a stolen car up our street, they shot at the thieves about twenty times, bullets everywhere, one even hit inside the neighbors house. My wifes cousin's brother was murdered. The housekeeper across the street was shot three times for refusing to give her money to bandits. An old woman was robbed at gunpoint if front of the gate or our house, in front of my children.

Of course I must respond to you in a civil manner even though I find your insult disgusting in the face of the crime I live amongst.

I should also state I live in Rio De Janeiro, which you know, because intelligent people do not pass judgement without knowing who they pass judgement against. So your smart right, you have read my posts, you looked at my profile, for only smart people state things as you have stated. So knowing my situation its pretty awful for a smart person to call me paranoid.

Should I now speak of growing up in Detroit, do you care to know about my Cousin who was murdered. Do you want to know about my friends who were stabbed, can I tell you how someone tried to rob me, can I tell you about all the fights I had to fight because of Bullies and other teenage bullshit.

Do you know me yet or should I tell you the long story instead of the short story.

Some of us live lives you obviously have no understanding of, and this is the problem in the Democrat party, they are elite snobs who have no understanding because they obviously live in Ivory Palaces.

I pray for MaggieMay to be president, your exactly what I need, another jerk telling me not to be paranoid.

I just got started, want to hear more?

Partisan Rhetoric, no, its not. A coach to a young girl to a Democrat rally, it was for a member of Congress. I clearly state Congress failed us, I clearly state the government failed us.

My exact words ending my statement are clear, I did not end stating Democrat Congress or our Democrat President.

Nobody failed to do there job than why are they holding sessions in Congress discussing security. If this is not a failure of government why are they addressing security. If nobody failed, who is to blame, only the person who did.

Sorry, but this is politics, this is not a citizen that was a target. Sure its hindsight now but my god, if politicians come around my house I am going to have my guns ready, politicians have always attracted crazy people. Of course they are passing a law that you cannot have a gun near a Congressman so I will never be able to protect myself. Even after the Government proves over and over they fail.

I am sorry the parents have lost a child. I actual only care about the child. I feel bad for the parents, they were not even there at the end of the child's life at least from the article I read.

We can not separate the politics from a political event. We live in a dangerous world. Is this the one Congressman that never got a threat in the mail. In all seriousness, if she can think when this is all over, do you think she will apologize or will she just say I have no guilt.

Public officials first responsibility is to the safety to the public, its in their oath, its why they are in office. Gifford failed to protect herself and the public.

Its terrible, its pretty bad that we are so damned politically correct and going out of our way to prove we are better than the other we cannot state the truth.

i would respect politicians if for once they would just admit they failed.

Anyone admit they failed before 9/11? They admit they failed before the financial meltdown. When does the government ever take responsibility.

This was not a citizen, she was a politician, it was her responsibility. I do not know what to say to anyone who thinks the politicians are not responsible for the safety of the public.

The shooter is guilty of murder.

Gifford failed in her primary responsibility to the public. Our safety.

Hopefully people will realize a political event is not a place for a child. It is insane to take a child to any political event.

Personally, I refuse to walk around in a constant state of fear. That must suck, and you have my sympathies if you're that paranoid.

My wifes brother was murdered, so am I paranoid or do you know nothing about me. The other night a man running from the police was shot on our street, how am I paranoid or do you know nothing about me. Relating the story to another friend he told me another person was shot and killed by the police, one was wounded, they both were put in the police car, never seen again, I guess I am paranoid.

A woman was robbed at gunpoint in front of my house. My wifes cousin was robbed four times, my neighbors daughter was in the passenger seat of her boyfriends car while talking with six friends, a man and woman came up with a gun and said give me the car, am I paranoid or liar.

My best friend was shot three times, good news, he lived and the people who shot him knocked the baby out of his hands first. My friend lost her cell phone when the bus she rode on got took over by bandits. I was woke at six in the morning as the police were chasing a stolen car up our street, they shot at the thieves about twenty times, bullets everywhere, one even hit inside the neighbors house. My wifes cousin's brother was murdered. The housekeeper across the street was shot three times for refusing to give her money to bandits. An old woman was robbed at gunpoint if front of the gate or our house, in front of my children.

Of course I must respond to you in a civil manner even though I find your insult disgusting in the face of the crime I live amongst.

I should also state I live in Rio De Janeiro, which you know, because intelligent people do not pass judgement without knowing who they pass judgement against. So your smart right, you have read my posts, you looked at my profile, for only smart people state things as you have stated. So knowing my situation its pretty awful for a smart person to call me paranoid.

Should I now speak of growing up in Detroit, do you care to know about my Cousin who was murdered. Do you want to know about my friends who were stabbed, can I tell you how someone tried to rob me, can I tell you about all the fights I had to fight because of Bullies and other teenage bullshit.

Do you know me yet or should I tell you the long story instead of the short story.

Some of us live lives you obviously have no understanding of, and this is the problem in the Democrat party, they are elite snobs who have no understanding because they obviously live in Ivory Palaces.

I pray for MaggieMay to be president, your exactly what I need, another jerk telling me not to be paranoid.

I don't really care. But you could have at least HINTED you live in an area of high crime. Would that have, er, killed you? I would suggest, however, something conservatives constantly whine about people who are forced to live in high-crime areas, and that's MOVE. Ain't that simple to do, is it...

What should they have done to prevent this from happening. Not allowed guns into the event?

Congress can't protect every single person, that's impractical. Again what should they have done-not allowed guns into the event?

I hold them accountable for lots of things-but the actions of one specific individual at an event that happens all the time in our country? You want congress all over every political event-both large and small, and to run the whole thing? Sounds like big government to me.

Ok the bank comparison for lack of a better word is just stupid. What does that have to do with anything.

You just rambled on and on and on, but failed to name ONE way the democrats could have prevented Loughner from carrying out this attack.

Maybe he's suggesting that all 535 members of Congress have a secret service detail to accompany them AND their families. Sure. Can you imagine the screeching from the conservatives at THAT cost????

I am certain it will come to that. The democrat party will make sure the politicians get personal secret service protection for themselves and their families while they vote to prohibit Americans from owning guns for protection.
That's a given. sorta like that time rosie mcdonnald was bitching about people owning guns while she had a security detail that was armed to the teeth. Yep.

Last edited:
Do you own a gun mdn2000? You sound a little unbalanced. Please stay away from political events. Also, history does not support you. The people who attempted to kill Ford were not far right supporters. Hickley was not far right. There are many other examples.

Far right is always unbalanced, I not only own guns but I own books, dangerous books. I have the Anarchist Cookbook. I love the history of Anarchy that begins the book.

History does not support me. How is that, I simply stated the government failed us, history does not support my assertion that government has failed us. I guess it may not, so its only under the Obama administration that government has failed us. I see that differently.

My comments on the Far Right Extremist is the opinion and rhetoric that the Liberal's paint us with. So I am a liar, no Liberal or Left wing news station portrays the far right wing as "wingnuts" who are racist bigots who we must be afraid of.

It is the left liberal bigots who scream we are extremist to be feared, why then have you not taken precautions against us.

Its a simple question that must be answered for the answer is your a bunch of liars. The far right wing extremist is political rhetoric of the Democrats, nothing more, your actions prove it, Democrat leaders do not take precautions because they started the rhetoric, they know we are not a threat.

Too funny. Call us a danger and when I can show that as rhetoric because the Democrats obviously take no precautions of the danger they have warned us of you become super strawman and state something about ford.

Don't parse my statement and hatchet my quote and then maybe when someone reads your post what I said would make sense.

I said my piece, I stated the truth, I gave you an example you could comprehend. The fact you cannot even quote me in entirety says much about you. You may see this as a partisan attack on the Democrats, if is not. If your familiar with all my posts you would see I am critical of both parties.

Congress has a responsibility to the public, they have now gone into session to address security. What the hell have they done, ever, in the last 4 decades since Kennedy was assassinated. What does the Department of Homeland security do.

How many people are law enforcement in our government.

If this was George Bush what do you think the media would of said, he was not careless with security. If this was Obama what would people be saying, where was the security.

I am asking, why, how, where was the security. This was a political event and since I can remember the far right are extremist who are dangerous. Why was there not security their to protect the Democrat Gifford from far right extremist.

The far right is extremely dangerous yet the politicians do nothing to protect themselves from us.

That makes the Democrats liars, they took no action to protect themselves from the extremist they claim we are, they did not believe that we were a threat, they made those statements purely to scare the public. Had the Democrats been serious or believed what they said they would of taken precautions.

Government is to blame for the tragedy.

I never claimed the far right was "dangerous", although I did say there were extremists on both sides. Extremists =/= dangerous, but nice try.

Also I separated your statements, to address each one individually (and to make it easier to read). I never edited your statements one tiny bit-take a look for yourself. I didn't "hatchet" a thing. If you can't figure that out, then you're even less able to comprehend logic than I originally thought.

In an earlier post you claim you're not far-right. Fine. In this post you claim that the far right, then refer to it as "us" (obviously including yourself). So which one is it? Can't be both ways.

Let me get this straight in an earlier post you blame the Democrats. In this post you're also blaming congress/the government...last time I checked congress and the government have quite a few Republicans no?

So which part of your statements did you mean?:
-the democrats are to blame
-congress is to blame

Maybe you can answer those contradictions in your post, while you once again dodge my simple question: How should the Democrats (or I guess congress now that you've also added them to the blame game), have prevented this? Give me some concrete ideas.

If you can't, then it's clear you're merely full of crap.

Its in the first post, go back and look, do not take your hatchet though. Answer your own question, your on the side of the government doing no wrong, defend the government, I stated government in my first post, go back and look, dodging your question, your question is irrelevant.

I have no contradiction in my posts, I am very clear, take off your partisan hack glasses and maybe you can see what I wrote.

I am to answer to you while you denigrate and misquote me. Nice try space cadet (That is from the Gorf game).

This community elected her.

I dont think they see her as a failure

It is her responsibility to address the security of the nation which includes herself as a member of congress.

It has been the left liberals that tell us the Conservatives have been stirring up hate. We are told we are the radicals everyone must fear, that we are the bigots, that we carry guns and any day we are going to go on a rampage such as this. Its in the news daily. So does Congress not believe their own Rhetoric, does Congress not believe MSNBC when it states Conservatives are a physical threat.

Is this why there was not adequate security at a political event held in a city. This congresswoman in my opinion literally got a 9 year old girl killed and I have no doubt she will struggle with her guilt the rest of her life.

So if Congress believes what they say, what their supporters say, how did they address security.

Or was there no security because Congress knows that Conservatives are not a threat, Democrats know they are telling lies when they state their is hate on the far right. Democrats know they are liars when they state there is a "Radical Far Right".

Had Democrats believed the Rhetoric they blamed this tragedy on they would of provided security and prevented the 9 year old girls murder.

It makes me sick that Democrats got this girl murdered.
Was it that Democrats are naive, ignorant, stupid. What is it. It is beyond belief.

This was an organized event, I cannot wait until the same people are able to organize something else. I am sure they will put more thought into things in the future.

What happened to the only person to blame is the criminal? (which I agree with btw).

And to deny there's a far-right is ridiculous-there are extremes in EVERY political spectrum-and if you don't think there's one on the right, you just may be a part of it.

You are pretty confused, I am the far right, I have stated it numerous times, if your unclear you should ask, you assume so much and are very wrong with your assumptions. I am extreme, I blamed the government, so sorry.

I don't really care. But you could have at least HINTED you live in an area of high crime. Would that have, er, killed you? I would suggest, however, something conservatives constantly whine about people who are forced to live in high-crime areas, and that's MOVE. Ain't that simple to do, is it...

Come on, how can you not care about me, I care about you, I do not want to see you hurt, and I state the government failed me and you. In my case its not that simple, I did everything legally and when it came time to get my wife's ID card the government worker somehow changed the address and sent it to the wrong place. Of course I had three different departments state it was their fault, told me how to correct the error on their part, too bad that the people in the department that made the "error" did not see it as their co-workers saw, they told me after ten years I get to start over.

Of course before I left for Brazil I paid the government for a stamp to return, of course the stamp was dated incorrectly, I paid for nothing, I was told I screwed up, start over. Yes, its not so easy to move when government workers are incompetent or as I state, lousy, evil, fucking, bastards who get off on fucking with people's lives.

I hate the government, Republican and Democrat, what has anybody in government done for us. Nothing, its all politics and money. Will this congress change everything, absolutely, I am an ignorant idiot and trust Republicans completely with my life.

Ain't that simple to do, nice, throw something in my face that is the result of both Democrat and Republican incompetence. I am sure the most ambitious, good hearted people take government jobs.

So let me get this right? We have a now 12+ page thread about t-shirts?? T-shirts?? T-shirts that say nothing political and don't mention anyone by name? T-shirts?
Some people STILL don't know what really matters in life. You obviously didn't bother listening to the speech last night or it went right over your head.

T-shirts handed out at a political rally with the President of the United States making a political speech, T-Shirts handed out by Democrats, to remember a democrat, with a slogan that is being used politically is not political.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong and Wrong - See Bold above

This was not a political rally or political speech, you have no proof that Democrats handed anything out and this was not to remember a Democrat. How was the slogan used politically? Did you even listen to the speech?????

Holy fuck you are an idiot. Please just neg me and don't respond to my post. Make it easier on both of us.

Forum List

Back