Tales from Two Conventions

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Both the RNC and the DNC featured families who had lost loved ones in the defense of our country, but the difference in style and substance couldn't have been greater.

The RNC featured the families of those killed in Benghazi, who also recounted their meeting with Hillary Clinton, who knowingly lied to them and the American people about the circumstances that killed their loved ones.

The DNC featured the family of a soldier who also died heroically in the defense of our country. However, this family took this opportunity to publicly criticize Donald Trump for his policies (which had nothing to do with their son's death). In addition, they personally attacked him for not having made the same sacrifice (never mind that neither did Hillary).

Which presentation was more appropriate for these families: Recounting their personal experiences or pontificating about an opposition candidate's policy positions? If the latter, do you think it would have been appropriate for the RNC to feature the families of the Fort Hood massacre? Should they have criticized the policies of President Obama, who also didn't serve in the military?

Other than in the DNC/MSM world of political correctness, why should individuals like Mr. Khan be given a public platform for expressing his political views while at the same time be protected from public scrutiny of those views?

WAKE UP, AMERICA!!!

When it comes to parents of dead soldiers, I try to ignore it no matter what they are saying. This guy, that Cindy Shehan chick, whomever. Let them prattle on until their heart is content. Whatever this does for them and their grief, so be it.

Really? Patricia Smith accused Hillary of murder. No, no inappropriateness there. LOL

The DNC plays their useful idiots like they are 3 dollar banjos.

Well the OP got the theme of it simultaneously being a spring of light and winter of despair but after that .... zilch. LOL

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't read this one in years, and Dickens is still my fav. I'll dig it out of the bookcase.

The DNC featured the family of a soldier who also died heroically in the defense of our country.

Oh contraire, he didn't die "heroically in the defense of our country", he died needlessly in a pointless war started by warmongering assholes with dreams of Empire like the woman his parents are now supporting for the Presidency.

"The ones who are insane enough to think that they can rule the world are always the ones who do." - Stefan Molyneux

Really? Patricia Smith accused Hillary of murder. No, no inappropriateness there. LOL

Still having trouble distinguishing between policies and actions (or lack thereof)?

P.S. What about Benghazi do you find so funny?

I find the massive political attack started first against Obama and later heaped on Clinton that ultimately ended with a handful of nothing quite funny. The fact that you and others are still trying to use it is hilarious as well. The whole sad episode was meant to rile the dummies. Mission accomplished. :laugh:

Trump could have avoided this whole thing if he didn't even respond to the Khan's. He took the bait though because he's an asshole who always has to get in the last word. Very un-Presidential. SAD!

Woodie and Owl: Sean Smith was killed by terrorists. He would not have been there if the Ambassador had not insisted on going there, against recommendations, on the anniversary of 9-11. It sucks what happened to them. I think the State Department should have done more to protect them. But Hillary is not directly responsible for Smith's death. His mom is dealing with this the only way she can, by projecting the blame onto Clinton the way some people project it onto the doctor instead of accepting that it was cancer or heart disease, or whatever. It happens. It's sad.
No more to say on the subject, regardless of your baiting techniques.

Oh contraire, he didn't die "heroically in the defense of our country", he died needlessly in a pointless war started by warmongering assholes with dreams of Empire like the woman his parents are now supporting for the Presidency.

Non sequitur.

Rats will stoop lower than snake testicles to advance their agenda. The Khan episode is just another example, which the MSM lapped up like a starving rat.

Non sequitur.
Yeah sure, after all, how could the fact that Hillary Clinton is one of the warmongers that was indirectly responsible for their sons death be relevant to the fact that his parents supporting her for the Presidency? :rock:

"Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Lone Starr: What's that make us?
Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become." --- Spaceballs

Rats will stoop lower than snake testicles to advance their agenda. The Khan episode is just another example, which the MSM lapped up like a starving rat.

Only Trump made Trump react the way he did. He's weak.
He's not weak, he's a crass egomaniac just like Hillary is.

No, he's weak. He is easily baited with a simple tweet and can't resist the urge to lash out. The whole thing is self inflicted.

Could you imagine the smell at the DNC? Had to be some mixture of open ass combined with arm pit BO wafting through the air to an occasional scent of Aubrey environmentally friendly deodorant, which in a lot ways makes you more sick than the smell of vomit.

I mean let us consider BLM was well represented and the black Panther Party. Not to mention bull dykes with their hairy everything and Mexicans. Oh and Palestinians too.

200_s.gif

Forum List

Back