🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Taxing the wealthy more will have little to no impact on your life or anyone around you

Seriously? That just crushed you?

No ya fucken idiot!!! It made me stop cashing in my stocks and spending the money!!!!
Good God you have zero idea what drives the economy!!!

No I know quite a lot about the economy. And you make the mistake of thinking investment saves everything. Well lets pretend you own a restaurant. You need lots of customers who can afford to go out to eat. Sure you have lots of investment and a really great restaurant, but what does that do for you with no customers? We need a strong middle class. That is what really drives an economy.

So you think the poor eat out?
A STRONG MIDDLE CLASS. Ay caramba.

So taxing companies helps the middle class?
You dumbass,you've seen the results of your ignorant ideas.
Companies stop hiring when their future is uncertain.

I would change corporate taxes and give breaks for hiring US workers, paying well, and giving good benefits. If they met certain criteria I would be fine with zero taxes paid by a company that takes good care of employees. That's how you would have a strong economy again. And it would shrink government.

No ya fucken idiot!!! It made me stop cashing in my stocks and spending the money!!!!

No I know quite a lot about the economy. And you make the mistake of thinking investment saves everything. Well lets pretend you own a restaurant. You need lots of customers who can afford to go out to eat. Sure you have lots of investment and a really great restaurant, but what does that do for you with no customers? We need a strong middle class. That is what really drives an economy.

Not at good restaurants, no. They can't afford to obviously.
They eat at McD's and get obese and sick. lol. No groceries in the ghetto either.

Than you should open a grocery store in the ghetto.
Dont mind the armed robbery and the looting.

55% of giant corps pay NOTHING. The little companies pay taxes though. Thanks GOP.

Reagan and his bs economics will go down in history for destroying our middle class. Republicans should never see power again if people gave a shit about fixing this mess they made.

I would change corporate taxes and give breaks for hiring US workers, paying well, and giving good benefits. If they met certain criteria I would be fine with zero taxes paid by a company that takes good care of employees. That's how you would have a strong economy again. And it would shrink government.

How about our government stop allowing illegals and immigrants in?
That alone would increase the hourly wage.

Thus far you're only blaming one side.

Independent my ass

Really? In what way am I blaming one side? I'm simply pointing out the effects of the Bush tax cut. His party really doesn't matter to me. I have agreed we should kick out the illegals. What side is that?
You pointed out your OPINION of the impact of the Bush cuts. You left out 9/11 and the drastic impact that had on our economy.
Your position is akin to the moron who's house floated away in a hurricane and he still purchased new carpet for the living room.

What does 9/11 have to do with tax cuts decreasing revenue?
Revenue goes down when people stop making money. Our economy all but froze after 9/11. So much so that our government was all but begging people to go out and spend money to prove the terrorists hadn't won. People were scared. They were saving and as a result businesses THAT HIRE PEOPLE WHO PAY TAXES weren't hiring.
Think BEYOND your stupid talking points

Ok show there was any great increase in unemployment due to 9/11.
Did I say unemployment went up? No
I said people stopped spending. People held onto their money. If you think that had a net zero impact on the economy then you're behind the curve. Way behind

We're talking about taxing the megarich who are getting all the new wealth, giant corps who pay nothing, and cutting taxes on the nonrich. 2/3 of new hires are small companies.

I've already said I'm not pro illegal immigration. But the illegals are fighting for the lowest paying jobs. It does drag down wages, but it is just a small part of the problem. Like I said before it's more sending jobs to other countries and bringing in foreigners for better paying jobs that is doing most of the real damage. What do you not like about what I would do? Do you like big government? My plan would shrink government by having companies take care of employees, that's the only way government will ever shrink.

Not at good restaurants, no. They can't afford to obviously.

Than why do you insist on making it hard on small business?
They're the ones who provide the jobs.
Pubs pander only to giant corps.

It will only enable the government to spend more money on stupid ass senseless projects like shrimp on treadmills.
You stupid liberals will vote for it and see NONE OF IT. It will be blown on wasteful spending just like the vast majority of your taxes
Taxing the wealthy more will have little to no impact on your life or anyone around you

And yet, look at how giving them tax cuts created three trillion in debt and continues to drive deficits today. Don't you find that extremely odd?

Do you remember why Obama extended the Bush tax cuts?

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says

I love blackmail. Don't you?

History lesson: Why the Bush tax cuts were enacted

Economic Downturn and Legacy of Bush Policies Continue to Drive Large Deficits | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Seems your kind have somehow become allergic to facts and recent history.

Pass the gd Schumer/Lindsay Graham immigration bill with good SS/ID card and end it. Pub harassment laws and un-American Berlin Walls won't work, just distraction to keep the haters in the GOP.

I've already said I'm not pro illegal immigration. But the illegals are fighting for the lowest paying jobs. It does drag down wages, but it is just a small part of the problem. Like I said before it's more sending jobs to other countries and bringing in foreigners for better paying jobs that is doing most of the real damage. What do you not like about what I would do? Do you like big government? My plan would shrink government by having companies take care of employees, that's the only way government will ever shrink.
You are wrong.

Illegals get shit wages BUT their direct jobs are not the problem I have.
Some of my competition hires them and as a result their bids are substantially lower than mine. I have lost quite a few jobs because of illegals. As a result my employees have made less money and their jobs as well as mine are certainly not low paying jobs.
I've even had customers bitch about my prices when compared to those of companies that employ illegals.

Thinking Mexicans only pick fruit shows you're out of touch

Aaaaahhh fuck!!!!!!
I'll post it again for the millionth time.
I started working in machine shops over twenty five years ago.
The average hispanic ratio was around 4% when I retired five years ago it was above 80%.
These were jobs you could make a living on. Wages went stagnant in the early 90's because of it and friends I have still in the industry have told me it's gotten nothing but worse.
So when do you start supporting an anti immigrant stance and those who will do something about it?

Forum List

Back