Taylor Swift - a Phenomenon

Her music has a number of different types within it. Some is almost pop with a discernable melody, chorus bridge etc. Some is more C/W with a twang and an attitude to match. Much is story songs with less of a stanzaic structure and rhyme scheme and more of a retelling of a series of events. To my ear, there are hits and misses, so some of her songs are hummable, enjoyable and even (occasionally) memorable. There are others that mean nothing to me. I'm surrounded by Swifties -- both my kids (who are beyond their teeny-bopper years) and my wife are avid fans. Rabid even. One child drove 9 hours to Pittsburgh to see her on an earlier tour. For the Eras shows, they all went to Philly and Meadowlands to see her a couple of times. As a birthday gift for my wife, we put together a hard-cover presentation of all over her lyrics so the family (not me) sits around and quizzes each other on the words to the songs. We had to make a second version when she released another album.

Not every band clicks with every listener and not every band reaches fame. It is a confluence of time, genre and mood with a whole mess of luck built in, and she nailed it.

Agree with you there are definitely hits and misses. But country music is almost unfailingly chorus/verse/bridge form, maybe even moreso than pop music. Nothing wrong with that; people love knowing what comes next.

WHy do you feel the need to ridicule her with smears like "teenie bopper-music" and very disgusting and vicious personal attacks?

Very immature.
She’s a hollywood lib

Thats more than reason enough

Forum List

Back