Taylor Swift Effect on Football and Democrats

What could Obama do? The GOP said they were going to make him a 1 term president. All he could do was what he did. Get us out of Bush's great recession, create jobs every month for 80 months in a row.

You see Biden trying to help the middle class? Who fights everything he tries? Republicans. Who defends unions and who doesn't believe labor has a seat at the table?

You don't care about uneducated blue collar workers. If you did you'd be pro union because without them, we see what happens to them.

Your only solution for them is you'll make things cheaper right?

Your argument is that you are going to fix what Biden is already fixing

Yes, inflation is coming down, but there are still some challenges to overcome:
  • Inflation rate: In August 2024, the overall inflation rate was 2.5%, down from 2.9% in July.
  • Food prices: Food prices are down, with food away from home at 4% and food at home at 0.9%.
  • Energy: Energy prices are down -4%, the biggest decline since January.
  • Gasoline: Gasoline prices are down -10.3%, the biggest decrease since July 2023.
  • New vehicles: New vehicle prices are down -1.2%.
  • Used cars and trucks: Used car and truck prices are down -9.4%.
  • Services: Ser

Always with the excuses. Same excuses Trump supporters use.

What spin. Trump broke the laws that got him impeached/charged.

Russia wasn't even a witch hunt. It's like the Stormy case. Why did Michael Cohen go to jail but Trump didn't?

Or the Georgia case. Why did Sidney Powell plead guilty?

A right wing judge threw out the classified documents case. Why? Let it go to court. What you scared of? He wasn't acting as President when he tried to overturn the election.

Let me remind you why early on Trump fired Rex Tillerson. He got sick of Rex telling him "sorry Mr. President you can't do that it's illegal"
Everyday you loons had another made up scandal about Trump. Maybe for the next four years you loons can grow up and support what's best for America.

Well you said the same thing about Bill Clinton right? And I would agree with you 4 times in his presidency he let US down and went along with what Republicans wanted to do. NAFTA being one of them. But besides those times he went along with Republicans, I liked him. Republicans didn't. You probably didn't. Are you saying Clinton wasn't liberal enough? What made him better than Obama? And why didn't we elect Gore after 8 great years of Clinton? THAT's when American voters fucked up. Voted for Bush. If they didn't do that we wouldn't have Trump.

"I think Bill Clinton was a great president,’" Trump said in the interview that was conducted shortly after the 2008 presidential election on NY1's "Inside City Hall" program.

"You know, you look at the country then. The economy was doing great. Look at what happened during the Clinton years. I mean we had no war, the economy was doing great, everybody was happy. A lot of people hated him because they were jealous as hell,’" Trump said.

All that should matter is this. Democrats want to protect consumers from pre existing conditions. Republicans want insurance companies to deny people for having pre existing conditions. Or charge them an arm and a leg. And we will all eventually have pre existing conditions.

Obama saved your ass.

Remember Bush, right before the crash, deregulated the banks? He said "bankers, to help the economy, I'm gonna let you spend/use that money you're supposed to keep on hand in case of an emergency"?

The President overcame furious lobbying by big banks to pass the most far reaching reform of Wall Street in history, which will prevent the excessive risk-taking that led to the financial crisis while providing common-sense protections to American families for their mortgages and credit cards. The law created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to prevent mortgage companies and pay-day lenders from exploiting consumers.

According to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office, the Recovery Act supported as many as 3.5 million jobs across the country by the end of 2010.

When the President took office, the American auto industry was shedding jobs by the hundreds of thousands and GM and Chrysler faced the possibility of liquidation – which would have caused at least 1 million more jobs to be lost. The President made the tough choice to help provide the auto industry the temporary support it needed to grow and prosper. Two years later, GM, Ford, and Chrysler are all adding jobs, generating profit, and investing in their U.S. facilities.

Do I need to go on?

Well you said the same thing about Bill Clinton right? And I would agree with you 4 times in his presidency he let US down and went along with what Republicans wanted to do. NAFTA being one of them. But besides those times he went along with Republicans, I liked him. Republicans didn't. You probably didn't. Are you saying Clinton wasn't liberal enough? What made him better than Obama? And why didn't we elect Gore after 8 great years of Clinton? THAT's when American voters fucked up. Voted for Bush. If they didn't do that we wouldn't have Trump.

"I think Bill Clinton was a great president,’" Trump said in the interview that was conducted shortly after the 2008 presidential election on NY1's "Inside City Hall" program.

"You know, you look at the country then. The economy was doing great. Look at what happened during the Clinton years. I mean we had no war, the economy was doing great, everybody was happy. A lot of people hated him because they were jealous as hell,’" Trump said.
What made Clinton better? Well in his own words he said about Obama, a few years back, he would be serving us coffee. Kinda racist, don't you think?

What made Clinton better? Well in his own words he said about Obama, a few years back, he would be serving us coffee. Kinda racist, don't you think?

And Trump, while yes he is overtly racist, may not even be a white supremisist. He's just pandering to them and it comes way too easy.

But who's the idiot Trump or the Hispanics who he is using as political punching bags? Who fall for his bullshit too.

Or Caitlyn Jenner log cabin Republicans. They should be ashamed. Sometimes I wish Republicans would win and really fuck them over like I know they want to. Or people on welfare voting for Trump.

Did you know red states are taking advantage of infrastructure spending more so than blue states? But no thank you to Biden? Ungrateful fucks. Ignorant. Deplorable.

And Trump, while yes he is overtly racist, may not even be a white supremisist. He's just pandering to them and it comes way too easy.

But who's the idiot Trump or the Hispanics who he is using as political punching bags? Who fall for his bullshit too.

Or Caitlyn Jenner log cabin Republicans. They should be ashamed. Sometimes I wish Republicans would win and really fuck them over like I know they want to. Or people on welfare voting for Trump.

Did you know red states are taking advantage of infrastructure spending more so than blue states? But no thank you to Biden? Ungrateful fucks. Ignorant. Deplorable.
Please quote a racist thing Trump said, no adding or deleting words to fit your narrative. I'll start Biden, if you don't vote for me, you ain't black.

Third party.

1. Why don't you give Kamala a chance if she wins?
2. Who's the head of this 3rd party?
3. What is this party? Do you care? Or will any third party do?
4. Is it a pro choice party?
5. What kind of judges would it put on the Supreme Court?

I think like Trump, Bill Clinton was a lousy example of being a decent human being.

Obama seemed to be a decent person outside of not being the person he pretended to be to win election.

I think like Trump, Bill Clinton was a lousy example of being a decent human being.

Obama seemed to be a decent person outside of not being the person he pretended to be to win election.

All he did was cheat on Hillary. Do/Did you really care?

1726409714444.png

And that reminds me

“When she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I’m very impressed by her. I think she’s a very impressive person. I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn’t do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost – it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which personally I think would’ve been a wonderful thing,” Trump told Blitzer in the interview.

“Impeaching him?” Blitzer asked.

“Absolutely. For the war. For the war,” said Trump, referring to the 2003 invasion of Iraq. “Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies, and I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant and they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And yet Bush got us into this horrible war with lies. By lying. By saying they had weapons of mass destruction. By saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true.”

All that should matter is this. Democrats want to protect consumers from pre existing conditions. Republicans want insurance companies to deny people for having pre existing conditions. Or charge them an arm and a leg. And we will all eventually have pre existing conditions.

Obama saved your ass.

Well, he didn't. I had insurance.

Remember Bush, right before the crash, deregulated the banks? He said "bankers, to help the economy, I'm gonna let you spend/use that money you're supposed to keep on hand in case of an emergency"?

Clinton deregulated the banks. (Along with the Republicans)

The President overcame furious lobbying by big banks to pass the most far reaching reform of Wall Street in history, which will prevent the excessive risk-taking that led to the financial crisis while providing common-sense protections to American families for their mortgages and credit cards. The law created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to prevent mortgage companies and pay-day lenders from exploiting consumers.

That "reform" simply made "too big to fail" ensconsed into law. That is what Dodd/Frank did.

According to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office, the Recovery Act supported as many as 3.5 million jobs across the country by the end of 2010.

When the President took office, the American auto industry was shedding jobs by the hundreds of thousands and GM and Chrysler faced the possibility of liquidation – which would have caused at least 1 million more jobs to be lost. The President made the tough choice to help provide the auto industry the temporary support it needed to grow and prosper. Two years later, GM, Ford, and Chrysler are all adding jobs, generating profit, and investing in their U.S. facilities. account policy updated

Do I need to go on?

You can spin all you want. Under NO scenario was the auto manufacturers going to be liquidated.

He did give them billions of dollars though while people lost their houses.

Well, he didn't. I had insurance.

Clinton deregulated the banks. (Along with the Republicans)

That "reform" simply made "too big to fail" ensconsed into law. That is what Dodd/Frank did.

You can spin all you want. Under NO scenario was the auto manufacturers going to be liquidated.

He did give them billions of dollars though while people lost their houses.
You said it. Along with Republicans. He did it, along with Republicans.

The only thing you don't like about Clinton/Obama/Biden is when they went along with Republicans. NAFTA.

THANK GOD Clinton didn't fall for it and let Republicans talk him into invading Iraq. They tried very hard but he wouldn't bite.

1. Why don't you give Kamala a chance if she wins?

My options are?

2. Who's the head of this 3rd party?

Im voting Vermin Supreme at this point.

3. What is this party? Do you care? Or will any third party do?
4. Is it a pro choice party?
5. What kind of judges would it put on the Supreme Court?

Hopefully not the bought and paid for bunch we have now. (Both parties picks). Yes, none quite as bad as Thomas.

You said it. Along with Republicans. He did it, along with Republicans.

That's an excuse?

The only thing you don't like about Clinton/Obama/Biden is when they went along with Republicans. NAFTA.

No. Just one example. Obama promised Hispanics to get them to vote for him that he would address immigration first thing.

He punted. Like Trump, Obama was never willing to put in the work.

THANK GOD Clinton didn't fall for it and let Republicans talk him into invading Iraq. They tried very hard but he wouldn't bite.

Republicans and Hillary.

I'm noticing Republicans are trying to downplay the Swift Bump Kamala got.​

The Taylor Swift Effect: How an entire new subsect of Chiefs fans were born in the 2023 NFL season. She's a social influencer!!!​

After the pop star arrived at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium on Sept. 24, Swifties across the world began to navigate their way through being a football fan, having to try and learn the confusing rules and numerous positions. But because of Swift, they were willing to do it.

And with that, it's brought the fanbase along with many families closer together, as they bonded over this new passion for the sport that dominates conversations across the United States each week. And now those conversations are happening everywhere.

While there is a large group of people who are willing to sit in front of the television for hours every weekend, just watching players throw the ball and then hit each other over and over again, there are also many others who don't understand it.

But when Swift started doing it, people's opinions instantly changed. And they figured that if she was watching, it couldn't be that bad.

“From the first game she went to I noticed how she had fun and enjoyed being at a game," Leidy Cardenas from Colombia said. "I said, 'There must be something interesting about watching a three-hour game if Taylor looks so excited about it?'"

As her relationship with Kelce continued to become more public, the number of viewers for each game grew. And the broadcast didn't shy away from knowing that they had quality content at the tip of their fingers. References were being made and the camera flashed to her whenever Kelce did anything of note.

Swifties refused to miss any opportunity to see the pop star. So every weekend, they tuned in for the games.

"Cut to today, I have watched all matches that the Chiefs have played, whether or not Taylor was in attendance because I am a fan of the Kelce brothers and some of the other players from the Chiefs team," Anusha Ramaswamy from India added. "I'm watching the Super Bowl because I felt a genuine kinship with the Kansas City football fans I met online who seemed to respect Taylor as an artist and more importantly as a human being.”

Chiefs, Kamala. Same thing.

Some experts have labelled this newfound fandom the “Swift bump”. This has led to a 20 percent increase in sponsorships. The NFL's surge in female viewership cuts across different age demographics. Among teenage girls, NFL viewership has increased by 53 percent.
I confess thst I dont understand the hype surrounding Taylor Swift

She’s not very attractive

And her music is much different from what I listen to

But she is very popular with young girls

And I have never understood them

Anyway if she brings voters to the polls I just have to accept that while hoping for the best in spite of Swift

My options are?

Im voting Vermin Supreme at this point.

Hopefully not the bought and paid for bunch we have now. (Both parties picks). Yes, none quite as bad as Thomas.

Just remember what made America great. Liberal parties, new deals, FDR new deals, unions. Without these things, we'd be working peasants. Unregulated free market capitalism didn't create the middle class. It created the super wealth Trump and Elon Musk have. And from the late 70's to now, long story short, Republican policies have hurt the middle class and helped them.

1. Investors do better when workers do worse.
2. Hiring illegals is something corporations do. They vote GOP and government, BOTH SIDES ACTUALLY, now ignore it. I say make them legal yesterday so they start paying taxes. Hiring illegals steals from the American middle class. Billions every year. And robs social security.
3. Sending jobs overseas helps the rich, corporations, CEO's
4. Attacking unions helps CEO's and corporations.

From late 70's to now union membership went from 35% of our workforce to 5%. Now it's maybe 10%? Labor needs to get a seat at the table.

I confess thst I dont understand the hype surrounding Taylor Swift

She’s not very attractive

And her music is much different from what I listen to

But she is very popular with young girls

And I have never understood them

Anyway if she brings voters to the polls I just have to accept that while hoping for the best in spite of Swift
First, there you go attacking her looks. Classic Trump attack.

And it doesn't matter that you don't get it grampa. She's not trying to get you to vote.

So you've never understood women. There's a shocker.

Forum List

Back