🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Taylor Swift is republican's public enemy #1

Who keeps creating all these Taylor Swift threads? She's definitely living rent free in some minds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It is the nutjobbery of fringie RWNJ's that keeps bringing me back to this Comedy Central Chatroom.
Taylor Swift......is a CIA 'asset'?
The Super Bowl is rigged to give Biden a boost?

And poster Pappageorgio thinks the "Left" is making up crap and running with it. Ummm, no, poster P, it's like this for any Dems who are tickled by this jackassery: If ---- your competition shoots themselves in the foot --Give 'em more bullets. Duh!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORE FOOD FOR THOUGHT: "..... said of conservatives who have pushed the unfounded claim. “I think most of these people are sexually inadequate and they go for all this crazy stuff.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this bar!!
Been taking recreational drugs again this morning?

It is the nutjobbery of fringie RWNJ's that keeps bringing me back to this Comedy Central Chatroom.

And poster Pappageorgio thinks the "Left" is making up crap and running with it. Ummm, no, poster P, it's like this for any Dems who are tickled by this jackassery: If ---- your competition shoots themselves in the foot --Give 'em more bullets. Duh!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORE FOOD FOR THOUGHT: "..... said of conservatives who have pushed the unfounded claim. “I think most of these people are sexually inadequate and they go for all this crazy stuff.”

I love this bar!!
🤪

I love this bar!!
Thanks for your comedy gold.

Because the MAGA fear machine always needs new enemies to maintain their siege mentality?
You’re a bigger drama queen than Swift herself

She has declared herself a political enemy of conservatives and they are responding

What did you expect?

I Shake it off.

Good for her. People should vote for their government based on what the opinion of singers.

Just like when performers say they love Trump. The left never attacks those people…..correct? :laughing0301:
Many Progs do vote what the entertainers tell them. It's on TV all day.

Really? Because Trump left us an economy that was struggling

We had a 4.8 unemployment rate when Trump took office. We had a 6.8 when he left. Biden almost cut it in half, to 3.7.
So we’re just going to pretend the entire nation was closed down then. The economy was set for a massive boom. Bidumb walked in and fucked it up just like obie said he would.

Love it when MAGA start channeling the Inner Trump. "I don't know her I don't think. She's some kind of children's book writer, I think," rather than she may be the greatest artistic and cultural influence of three generations.
I think somebody needs to take down some posters from their ceiling.

I think somebody needs to take down some posters from their ceiling.
Most lib loons here are of the Swift idolatry persuasion which is telling commentary
She is a popular singer and that’s the extent. Social? Political? Reality?
Not in thinkers land

So we’re just going to pretend the entire nation was closed down then. The economy was set for a massive boom. Bidumb walked in and fucked it up just like obie said he would.
So we're going to pretend that Trump himself had any significant impact on hiring, unemployment rates, or economic growth? That the 'Trump' economy' wasn't just a continuation of the essentially the same trendline under Obama? That any president really does? That they are subject to macro economic factors, both good and bad, that are generally beyond their control?

Presidents are held responsible for the actual economic outcome of their terms. Fair or otherwise. Good or bad. There was a world wide inflationary spike in 2021/22 as the economies of the world came roaring back after covid shutdowns. It happened in countries across Europe, in Japan, in Australia. Pretty much everywhere, at pretty much the exact same time.

But y'all still blamed Biden personally for the inflation. Was that fair? Of course not. Is he still going to be judged by the outcome of an economy largely guided by macro-economic factors that he doesn't have power over. Of course.

Just as Trump was in the last year or so of his presidency. But lets not pretend that the economy was good during that last year or so. It struggled.

Most lib loons here are of the Swift idolatry persuasion which is telling commentary
She is a popular singer and that’s the extent. Social? Political? Reality?
Not in thinkers land
They truly seem to equate celebrity popularity with political acumen. I wonder how many of them wait breathlessly for Oprah to reveal her endorsement so they know how to vote. Maybe TS is just Oprah's successor.

@MissouriMike

As for Biden 'fucked it up', we've avoided recessions that pretty much every economist said was going to hit us. We've got superb unemployment rates, last year alone breaking a record held since 1960. Our economy is outpacing most of the larger world economies, all of the G-6, inflation has been brought under control and we're well placed for even more robust economic growth as rate decreases start landing as early as March.

The inflationary spike began before Biden took office. If Trump was going to be able to prevent the larger spike in 2021/22, he would have prevented the smaller spike in inflation that started in 2020. He didn't. In fact, as rates were brought up or drops were rejected, Trump threatened the fed chair, lamenting about how any increase to combat inflation would damage the economy.

Rate increases are the exact same tool that Reagan used in the 1980s that got double digit inflation under control. Its one of the few instances where a president's policies directly impacted the economy in an immediate and meaningful way. Rate increases are pretty much the ONLY major tool beyond draconian budget cuts, that would have brought inflation down.

And Trump would have fought them tooth and nail. Whatever inflationary spike we endured, it almost certainly would have been much, much worse under Trump. As he vehemently opposed the primary tool to combat them.

Forum List

Back