Tea party favorite loses runoff in Alabama

Yesterday's talking point....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/124811-tea-party-candidate-routed-in-alabama.html

You are as dumb as the OP of the other thread if you think this one race is a referendum on the entire Tea Party movement...

This isn't the only race where the tea party is performing below expectations. Or don't you see that yet?

I imagine it won't be doing well in many democrat party strongholds... Kind of hard to change you dug-in party loyalists...

Isn't the tea party about as relevant as say.... the Green Party

It's a movement, not an established party (despite the name who's origin dictated it)

Thats true. It isn't a party it is only a movement. People get confused becuase its name has party in it.

Not only that, most of the libs focus on the fringe people within the movement...

The main message of the TP is less gubmint, stop spending money we don't have, and lower taxes...

How that hapens is debated often within the movement...

Palin should be taking responsibility for this great loss. She is certainly first in line to take credit for any success in the tea party movement. Not that we've seen too much success..

They have had some forward movement in splitting the Republican party. Atta girl, Palin..

Sara Palin is an idiot if she thinks she is responsible for the tea party movement. You guys can thank woodrow wilson and the decades of ever increasing government done by almost every president since him for the tea partiers.

I disagree. The Tea Party is a gimmick, it's chock full of Neocons attempting to upgrade their image. They aren't fooling anyone obviously pretending to be Independents looking for smaller government.

The more they talk, the more they split that party.

Which Tea Party event did you go to that gave you this opinion? The ones I went to were chock full of independants, like myself, along with having some conservatives and a few liberals at them too.

I am from MA so maybe my state's teapartiers are different then the ones you met at the rally you went to.

It's a movement, not an established party (despite the name who's origin dictated it)

Thats true. It isn't a party it is only a movement. People get confused becuase its name has party in it.

Not only that, most of the libs focus on the fringe people within the movement...

The main message of the TP is less gubmint, stop spending money we don't have, and lower taxes...

Unless of course, you are referring to MediCare or cleaning up BP's oil spill from the beaches of Louisiana or....

Yesterday's talking point....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/124811-tea-party-candidate-routed-in-alabama.html

You are as dumb as the OP of the other thread if you think this one race is a referendum on the entire Tea Party movement...

This isn't the only race where the tea party is performing below expectations. Or don't you see that yet?

I imagine it won't be doing well in many democrat party strongholds... Kind of hard to change you dug-in party loyalists...

Not only that but Republicans are beginning to grumble about tea party negatives. They waited long enough to see whether the tp would help them or hurt them. They are seeing the latter at this point.

Unless of course, you are referring to MediCare or cleaning up BP's oil spill from the beaches of Louisiana or....

That doesn't change the message of smaller government, less spending, reducing the debt, and trying to get taxes down as a result of the first 3.

Not only that but Republicans are beginning to grumble about tea party negatives. They waited long enough to see whether the tp would help them or hurt them. They are seeing the latter at this point.

Maybe if the R's would stop being "Progressive Light" the teaparties wouldn't hurt them...too bad for the R's though since many still have their heads up their butts about as far as the progressive dems do.

Sara Palin is an idiot if she thinks she is responsible for the tea party movement. You guys can thank woodrow wilson and the decades of ever increasing government done by almost every president since him for the tea partiers.

I disagree. The Tea Party is a gimmick, it's chock full of Neocons attempting to upgrade their image. They aren't fooling anyone obviously pretending to be Independents looking for smaller government.

Which Tea Party event did you go to that gave you this opinion? The ones I went to were chock full of independants, like myself, along with having some conservatives and a few liberals at them too.

I am from MA so maybe my state's teapartiers are different then the ones you met at the rally you went to.

No, they're the same. The tea party participants are not Indes and you should be careful going to their events. Things can get ugly fast the closer we get to November and the more they begin to fail.

Those people carry guns and they're insane.

That doesn't change the message of smaller government, less spending, reducing the debt, and trying to get taxes down as a result of the first 3.

It doesn't? So what do Tea Baggers propose as a plan to increase spending in these areas, yet decrease spending overall, all the while reducing the size of our government and overall debt?

It doesn't? So what do Tea Baggers propose as a plan to increase spending in these areas, yet decrease spending overall, all the while reducing the size of our government and overall debt?

How can we ever find out? they don't have anyone that speaks for them.....no leadership.

They dont have a plan to increase spending in those areas that i've ever heard of....im open to enlightenment that is backed up though.

Last edited:

No, they're the same. The tea party participants are not Indes and you should be careful going to their events. Things can get ugly fast the closer we get to November and the more they begin to fail.

Those people carry guns and they're insane.

:lol:

For real....you have NEVER been to one if you think I have to worry about violence at a tea party rally. Oh My :rofl:

They dont have a plan to increase spending in those areas that i've ever heard of....im open to enlightenment that is backed up though.

So......the Tea Baggers are in agreement that our government should NOT be spending any money on cleaning up the oil leak in the Gulf? Are you sure?

Nope... That's not the main message...

That's like me trying to say that the libs want to abolish religion... While a few fringers would enjoy that, I know it's not the message of the democratics...

The Republicans would do well if they ran conservatives...

This country self-identifies 2-1 as conservative over liberal...

Do the math...

Forum List

Back