Tea Party Governor Calls For GOP To Compromise On Taxes To Avert Sequester Cuts

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
Automatic sequester cuts originally meant to motivate Congress to pass a budget deal look like they may become reality on March 1. Congressional Republicans are refusing to consider new tax revenue as part of a deal; some GOP lawmakers even insist that the across-the-board sequester cuts should be allowed to kick in.

Republican governors, however, are bracing for the devastating impact these cuts will have on their states. On CBS’ Face the Nation Sunday morning, Tea Party favorite Gov. Jan Brewer (R-AZ) said Republicans should compromise on tax increases rather than let the budget cuts stand:

Tea Party Governor Calls For GOP To Compromise On Taxes To Avert Sequester Cuts | ThinkProgress

Fuck that. Sequester is the only way we're going to see any kind of cuts in government spending. All this gloom and doom talk is nothing but fear mongering by the federal government. I'm willing to bet my life savings that if sequestration happens the average American won't even notice.

I know she's not alone on this line and thinking and understands the seriousness of the matter and know just how hard these cuts would hurt her State alone. Believe me there are others and time is now upon them to speak before the Friday deadline.

I know she's not alone on this line and thinking and understands the seriousness of the matter and know just how hard these cuts would hurt her State alone.

The only ones being hurt by sequester are the various governments and their bureaucrats. The ones hurt by avoiding sequester are every single American taxpayer.

Fuck that. Sequester is the only way we're going to see any kind of cuts in government spending. All this gloom and doom talk is nothing but fear mongering by the federal government. I'm willing to bet my life savings that if sequestration happens the average American won't even notice.

Words spoken by someone who is completely unaware of the seriousness of the matter and totally clueless. The one's telling you load of B.S. are millionaires and billionaires and yet not only do you believe this horse shit, you have the nerve to come on this board and spread that bullshit.

Truly tragic.

Automatic sequester cuts originally meant to motivate Congress to pass a budget deal look like they may become reality on March 1. Congressional Republicans are refusing to consider new tax revenue as part of a deal; some GOP lawmakers even insist that the across-the-board sequester cuts should be allowed to kick in.

Republican governors, however, are bracing for the devastating impact these cuts will have on their states. On CBS’ Face the Nation Sunday morning, Tea Party favorite Gov. Jan Brewer (R-AZ) said Republicans should compromise on tax increases rather than let the budget cuts stand:

Tea Party Governor Calls For GOP To Compromise On Taxes To Avert Sequester Cuts | ThinkProgress

Good grief someone got to her behind closed doors.
She was the last person I thought would sell out.

The Republicans have already comprised on tax increases in case everyone has forgotten and it seems they have just a little over a month or so ago the President got a tax increase comprise on the rich from the Republicans and a tax increase on all of us when the social security tax went to 6.2% from 4.2%. We have seen no spending cut comprise from the President and the sequester as small as it is seems like the only way we ever will see spending cuts from him.

Think Progress?:cuckoo:

Words spoken by someone who is completely unaware of the seriousness of the matter and totally clueless. The one's telling you load of B.S. are millionaires and billionaires and yet not only do you believe this horse shit, you have the nerve to come on this board and spread that bullshit.

Truly tragic.

Nope, I'm just more informed than you are and can ever hope to be.

Automatic sequester cuts originally meant to motivate Congress to pass a budget deal look like they may become reality on March 1st

The financial mess was created by BOTH PARTIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite claims that the Administration and Congress saved America from the fiscal cliff with an early morning vote today, the fact is that government spending has already pushed Americans over the cliff. Only serious reductions in federal spending will stop the cliff dive from ending in a crash landing, yet the events of this past month show that most elected officials remain committed to expanding the welfare-warfare state.

While there was much hand-wringing over the “draconian” cuts that would be imposed by sequestration, in fact sequestration does not cut spending at all. Under the sequestration plan, government spending will increase by 1.6 trillion over the next eight years. Congress calls this a cut because without sequestration spending will increase by 1.7 trillion over the same time frame. Either way it is an increase in spending."

>

The Republicans have already comprised on tax increases in case everyone has forgotten and it seems they have just a little over a month or so ago the President got a tax increase comprise on the rich from the Republicans and a tax increase on all of us when the social security tax went to 6.2% from 4.2%. We have seen no spending cut comprise from the President and the sequester as small as it is seems like the only way we ever will see spending cuts from him.

Compromise by FINALLY letting the Bush Tax sunrise as it should have did 2 years earlier?

It's amazing how misinformed, under informed some of your are. Just fooking amazing. That's not considered a tax increase for the rich you poor dumb soul. A true tax increase would to actually raise them higher than what they were before the Bush tax cuts.

Truly tragic.

Nope, I'm just more informed than you are and can ever hope to be.

Then I say I would love to hear what you say afterwards "if" the sequester unfortunately does indeed go into effect and try to tell me how it hasn't effectively changed your life in some way.

Compromise by FINALLY letting the Bush Tax sunrise as it should have did 2 years earlier?

It's amazing how misinformed, under informed some of your are. Just fooking amazing. That's not considered a tax increase for the rich you poor dumb soul. A true tax increase would to actually raise them higher than what they were before the Bush tax cuts.

A increase is when something goes up from what it is the tax rates are now higher than they were that is a increase the social security tax is now higher than it was that is also a increase government spending however is not any lower that means there have been no cuts to it. I can't help it if your to blindly partisan to grasp this.

1. Congress has passed a budget every year. When was the last time the Senate did?

2. Revenue was raised an Jan 1st. I'm "middle class" and saw an increase in taxes withheld.

3. Obama threatened to veto any attempt to stop sequester

4. "ThinkProgress" never succeeds in progressing anyone's thinking

For the last time: REPUBLICANS ALREADY AGREED TO TAX INCREASES AT THE BEGINNING OF THE F-ING YEAR!!!

What is a "Tea Party Governor"? Is it a code word for a successful female republican? Maybe Jan Brewer was supported by the Tea Party but does it mean that we can call Obama a communist president because he was supported by Van Jones and his neo-communist anarchist OWS rabble?

Arizona Governor Brewer is not so happy with the sequester after all.

Jan Brewer Unleashed: White House Freeing Dangerous Immigrants As ‘Payback’ | TPMDC

“Well, you know, I personally believe it could be payback,” Brewer said. “It could be to punish Arizona, to make them squirm. They’re pushing back on what we’re pushing on because we want our border secure and we’re strong about it.”

Asked whether Washington was “picking on you,” she replied: “I think it’s pretty obvious that they’re doing everything in their power.”
<more>

This is old news. Find something up to date like the freaking president punishing kids by cancelling White House tours.

Forum List

Back