Tea Party Governor Calls For GOP To Compromise On Taxes To Avert Sequester Cuts

Words spoken by someone who is completely unaware of the seriousness of the matter and totally clueless. The one's telling you load of B.S. are millionaires and billionaires and yet not only do you believe this horse shit, you have the nerve to come on this board and spread that bullshit.

Truly tragic.

Nope, I'm just more informed than you are and can ever hope to be.

Then I say I would love to hear what you say afterwards "if" the sequester unfortunately does indeed go into effect and try to tell me how it hasn't effectively changed your life in some way.

So far it's been a week and I haven't felt a damn thing. I'll be sure to keep you posted, tool.

Words spoken by someone who is completely unaware of the seriousness of the matter and totally clueless. The one's telling you load of B.S. are millionaires and billionaires and yet not only do you believe this horse shit, you have the nerve to come on this board and spread that bullshit.

Truly tragic.

Nope, I'm just more informed than you are and can ever hope to be.

Then I say I would love to hear what you say afterwards "if" the sequester unfortunately does indeed go into effect and try to tell me how it hasn't effectively changed your life in some way.

Been three weeks now, asshole. Still nothing. :eusa_whistle:

Fuck that. Sequester is the only way we're going to see any kind of cuts in government spending. All this gloom and doom talk is nothing but fear mongering by the federal government. I'm willing to bet my life savings that if sequestration happens the average American won't even notice.

FAA To Close 149 Air Traffic Towers Because Of Budget Cuts

At airports nobody fucking goes to.

http://www.faa.gov/news/media/fct_closed.pdf

:cool:

Let's be fair now according to Obama and the Democrats the White Houses tours were cancelled as a result of the sequester I don't know about the rest of you but that has made my life a living hell.

I know, from first-hand experience, that the towers at ANE, STC, CWA, EAU, LSE and PVU are completely unnecessary.

Hardly enough ground traffic (betcha didn't know that's want control towers are primarily responsible for) to justify a CT.

Automatic sequester cuts originally meant to motivate Congress to pass a budget deal look like they may become reality on March 1. Congressional Republicans are refusing to consider new tax revenue as part of a deal; some GOP lawmakers even insist that the across-the-board sequester cuts should be allowed to kick in.

Republican governors, however, are bracing for the devastating impact these cuts will have on their states. On CBS’ Face the Nation Sunday morning, Tea Party favorite Gov. Jan Brewer (R-AZ) said Republicans should compromise on tax increases rather than let the budget cuts stand:

Tea Party Governor Calls For GOP To Compromise On Taxes To Avert Sequester Cuts | ThinkProgress

Just goes to show how narrow the vision of these austeritarians is :clap2:

Fuck that. Sequester is the only way we're going to see any kind of cuts in government spending. All this gloom and doom talk is nothing but fear mongering by the federal government. I'm willing to bet my life savings that if sequestration happens the average American won't even notice.

Slowing the growth of government scares the living shit out of you, doesn't it??

:eusa_eh:

Spending cuts and some tax increases are the best approach. This is what most people want, a balanced plan. We had some tax increase on the wealthy, the next batch of tax increase will hit more than just the wealthy. If we put just a little bit of the politics aside, we can cut spending and raise taxes in such a way that it will not be devastating to anyone but I guest that's to much to hope for in this political climate.

Slowing the growth of government scares the living shit out of you, doesn't it??

Making takeoffs and landings more dangerous certainly does...

Making takeoffs and landings in places like Provo, Anoka County and LaCrosse will be no more dangerous if and when those towers are shut down than before.

I've actually done pattern work at those airports...The need for a CT is negligible.

Making takeoffs and landings in places like Provo, Anoka County and LaCrosse will be no more dangerous if and when those towers are shut down than before.

I've actually done pattern work at those airports...The need for a CT is negligible.
Then you agree that Obama is not deliberately trying to cause pain and misery with these cutbacks, right?

It's already established, via WH memos, that he's making the cutbacks in the most high profile areas possible, to be as painful as possible...He could've accepted the power to decide where the cutbacks would be, but turned it down so he could make a big political show of all of this.

Obama Official's Email: Push Idea of Sequestration Cuts as Painful

That you are, once again, in utter denial of reality is your problem.

In any case, the cutting back on some truly unneeded CT operations just shows to go ya how truly bloated the federal leviathan has become.

It's already established, via WH memos, that he's making the cutbacks in the most high profile areas possible, to be as painful as possible...He could've accepted the power to decide where the cutbacks would be, but turned it down so he could make a big political show of all of this.

In any case, the cutting back on some truly unneeded CT operations just shows to go ya how truly bloated the federal leviathan has become.
An what makes this "Obama's official email"? a part of an email from an unnamed government employee. That's quite a stretch.

don't you love how they use Tea Party when it suits them?

and so what, he's free to say what he wants

An what makes this "Obama's official email"? a part of an email from an unnamed government employee. That's quite a stretch.
Becaue we all know that Oboingo's buttbois just speak for Dear Leader all on their own. :rolleyes:

Then you agree that Obama is not deliberately trying to cause pain and misery with these cutbacks, right?

What I'm not understanding is it isn't CUTS, though.

They just didn't increase their budget as mush as last year.
So that should only mean no raise, now new towers, no new programs.....no growth. Or, at least, anemic growth.
But NOTHING has been "CUT"

Forum List

Back