Tea Party Member To KKK: Get the hell away from us, we dont want you here!!!

That is very closed minded of you considering your a self-described liberal. I'm sorry if my challenge made you feel defensive but it was an honest challenge.

you are claiming that since people, like myself, oppose obama's policies we do so only because he is black. I retorted with the challenge "Since you opposed bush's policies does that mean you did it only because he is white"

Now onto your challenge even if you didn't rise to mine.

This is the heart of it, Phillippe.

If everybody is expected to tread lightly and see the President as a BLACK man intead of as a President and everybody is expected to thus treat a BLACK president differently and with more attention to political correctness because he is BLACK, how racist is that? Shouldn't the fact that a President who happened to be black got elected pretty well put the history behind us?

Who are the racists? Those who DON'T see a BLACK man in every image of a watermelon or monkey or noose or whatever image is used? Or those who do?

If a white President can be portrayed as a monkey because he is seen as 'dumb', then why cannot a black President be portrayed as a monkey because he is seen as 'dumb' rather than because he is BLACK?

We are never going to put racism behind us until we are allowed to see and treat everybody the same.

if they were portraying him and his wife as a black witch doctor or monkey because he was dumb, then so be it....but it certainly IS NOT THE CASE Fox....sorry you can't see such.....we have many that are racist on this board, whether they admit so or not. We also have many, many, posters that are not.....we have a pretty good representation on both imo.
are you saying that because some have the impression that Bush was dumb, that it is ok, but because some have the opinion that obama is dumb they can not?

That is very closed minded of you considering your a self-described liberal. I'm sorry if my challenge made you feel defensive but it was an honest challenge.

you are claiming that since people, like myself, oppose obama's policies we do so only because he is black. I retorted with the challenge "Since you opposed bush's policies does that mean you did it only because he is white"

Now onto your challenge even if you didn't rise to mine.

If everybody is expected to tread lightly and see the President as a BLACK man intead of as a President and everybody is expected to thus treat a BLACK president differently and with more attention to political correctness because he is BLACK, how racist is that? Shouldn't the fact that a President who happened to be black got elected pretty well put the history behind us?

Who are the racists? Those who DON'T see a BLACK man in every image of a watermelon or monkey or noose or whatever image is used? Or those who do?

If a white President can be portrayed as a monkey because he is seen as 'dumb', then why cannot a black President be portrayed as a monkey because he is seen as 'dumb' rather than because he is BLACK?

We are never going to put racism behind us until we are allowed to see and treat everybody the same.

if they were portraying him and his wife as a black witch doctor or monkey because he was dumb, then so be it....but it certainly IS NOT THE CASE Fox....sorry you can't see such.....we have many that are racist on this board, whether they admit so or not. We also have many, many, posters that are not.....we have a pretty good representation on both imo.

The point I'm making though Care is the assumption that anybody referencing a watermelon or a monkey or whatever image is racist. Is referencing a black person. That simply is not the case.

I'm not defending amd will not defend racists whether they are left, right, or whatever. But those who want to make racists out of those who are not racists are not doing the cause of eliminating racism any favors.

Remember this cartoon?

s-MONKEY-large.jpg

Caption: "They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill."

Okay you had two things prominent in the news: 1) a crazed pet chimpanzee had savagely attacked a woman and 2) Many Americans were outraged over the almost trillion dollar stimulus bill that Congress had just passed and the President has just signed.

Non racist people saw those two things in that cartoon. If George Bush had still been president, that is what all normal people would have seen.

But the politically correct insisted that the cartoon was likening President Obama to a chimpanzee when that was clearly not the intent of the cartoon.

And it is that kind of characterization that keeps racism alive and well in this country. When we are required to see EVERYTHING as racism whether it is or not, when we are never allowed to treat people the same or be color blind, the race baiters will be able to continue using that for whatever purpose and we will never be allowed to put racism behind us and just treat everybody like people.

Depicting the President as an African Witch doctor is racist. Obama was mocked by some critics as the "magical negro" during the campaign because he was perceived to be a solve-all to nation's problems.

Last edited:

are you saying that because some have the impression that Bush was dumb, that it is ok, but because some have the opinion that obama is dumb they can not?

no. I am saying that that there are clearly some racists on this board and they use pictures to moc obama's race, and not because he is dumb....and you can tell by what they post as well, that they are disturbed with him and is african american race....they moc his color....him being a black person....

Please don't tell me this is not the case here and you have never seen it?????

no. I am saying that that there are clearly some racists on this board and they use pictures to moc obama's race, and not because he is dumb....and you can tell by what they post as well, that they are disturbed with him and is african american race....they moc his color....him being a black person....

and you havent seen it not be from racists?

Of course there are racists on the board, both leftwingers and rightwingers. I cringe when I see blatant racism displayed. I don't support it, condone it, or respect those who promote it.

But I also don't see a BLACK person in every image or analogy and I think many don't. And I object when people are accused of being racist simply for being what is considered politically incorrect this week.

Blatant racist signs, cartoons, blog writing and emails are not 'political correctness'. "Caricature is part of politics, but racist stereotyping isn't."

Last edited:
Blatant racist signs, cartoons, blog writing and emails are not 'political correctness'. "Caricature is part of politics, but racist stereotyping isn't."
is it not possible that some that use those have no clue about the racial overtones to an image
i know i had never seen nor heard of a monkey being used as a racial slur towards a black person before a few years ago
hanlons razor comes into play here

is it not possible that some that use those have no clue about the racial overtones to an image
i know i had never seen nor heard of a monkey being used as a racial slur towards a black person before a few years ago

It may be possible that some have no clue about the racial overtones in their slurs, perhaps some people are that ignorant.

We are never going to put racism behind us or become a color blind society until we are allowed to see and treat everybody the same.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

-- Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr.

It says a great deal about Dr. King's dream that we elected a black President. It says how far we still have to go that people, right AND left, make an issue of his race.

Note: Anyone who says nonsense like "Conservatives hate him because he's black!" are making race an issue. They really should stop it. For the vast majority of conservatives, his race isn't the problem. His policies are.

We are never going to put racism behind us or become a color blind society until we are allowed to see and treat everybody the same.

And that is the stick up my butt on every race discussion on these forums. Its the only reason I look into and post into the threads with race.

I'm trying to show everyone that their two-sideness (hypocricy) on the issue of race is just as bad as the very racism that we all wish to eliminate.

Depicting the President as an African Witch doctor is racist. Obama was mocked by some critics as the "magical negro" during the campaign because he was perceived to be a solve-all to nation's problems.

Actually the LA Times referred to him as the majic negro first....just so you know which news outlet is ok with that terminology for Obama.

`Magic Negro' returns - Los Angeles Times

Last edited:

You mean he's not magic? He sure looks like a negro or is negro not PC? Perhaps the UNCF would disagree.

It may be possible that some have no clue about the racial overtones in their slurs, perhaps some people are that ignorant.
give the fact that times have changed, some people may have grown up and NEVER seen such a usage

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

It says a great deal about Dr. King's dream that we elected a black President. It says how far we still have to go that people, right AND left, make an issue of his race.

Note: Anyone who says nonsense like "Conservatives hate him because he's black!" are making race an issue. They really should stop it. For the vast majority of conservatives, his race isn't the problem. His policies are.
all you need to do is watch Mtv and see that his dream has become a reality
and that only small pockets of racist ignorance still exist

just look at how the racists are treated(the openly racist) on this forum
none of them are accepted or liked by the majority of the member here, either left or right

I agree iwth you that for the majority of conservatives the President's race isn't an issue, it's his policies. That's what is so unfair of the use of these racist slurs and depictions of the President/

It's the vocal minority that stirs up the pot and uses racist epithets, cartoons, editorials.

Last edited:

give the fact that times have changed, some people may have grown up and NEVER seen such a usage

Some of us are old enough to remember--ALOT.

all you need to do is watch Mtv and see that his dream has become a reality
and that only small pockets of racist ignorance still exist
I hope that's true.

Funny thing about the military and our alleged intolerance: I see more interracial couples on base than I do downtown.
just look at how the racists are treated(the openly racist) on this forum
none of them are accepted or liked by the majority of the member here, either left or right
That's true. But what of the others who say things like I "Conservatives hate him because he's black!"? patently false assertion, and speaks more to their emphasis on race than their targets', and their own bigotry against conservatives...but they get a free pass from the Left.

Forum List

Back