Teacher sues school over getting shot by a student

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

And of all days, on January 6th.

So there the teacher was, just sitting there minding their own business when a student comes along and shoots you.

Crazy, huh?

Well that's not all. Apparently, the student had a long history of aggression and violence, attempting to choke to death a teacher at one point.

And that's not all, there were authorities in the school that knew the kid had a gun.

Sounds like the teacher will be wealthy soon.

But this is how public schools are run these days.

Negligence, violence, these are common place.

So there the teacher was, just sitting there minding their own business when a [six year old] student comes along and shoots you. Crazy, huh?
Yep crazy that the kid could carry, lift, point and squeeze the trigger and an adult still couldn't get out of the way and disarm him.

Well that's not all. Apparently, the student had a long history of aggression and violence, attempting to choke to death a teacher at one point.
Choked to death by a six year old? Tough kid.

It would be interesting to know what was going through American kids' heads on Jan.6?

Had this kid been watching behaviour of adults being shown on t.v., as an example of how Americans should behave.

Will he feel any remorse after he's being told that the behaviour was normal and fully justified?

So there the teacher was, just sitting there minding their own business when a student comes along and shoots you.

Crazy, huh?

And that's not all, there were authorities in the school that knew the kid had a gun.

Outstanding, it sounds like a good case. I wish here well!

Outstanding, it sounds like a good case. I wish here well!
Are your priorities somehow connected to the lawsuit being legitimate on the grounds of the school being negligent by not having armed guards on duty, or not allowing the teacher to be armed?

Personally, I have to judge it as a stretch at first glance at least.

It seems to me that this is meant to force the issue of having guns in the schools. However, I wouldn't claim that it hasn't become necessary.

Are your priorities somehow connected to the lawsuit being legitimate on the grounds of the school being negligent by not having armed guards on duty, or not allowing the teacher to be armed?

Personally, I have to judge it as a stretch at first glance at least.

It seems to me that this is meant to force the issue of having guns in the schools. However, I wouldn't claim that it hasn't become necessary.
Nope. My comment is strictly related to the inattention and mismanagement of school and district inaction and handling of this repeat offender kid, ignoring multiple warning of the day of the lil bastard shooting his teacher at the reading table, after denying permission to search the lil sht.
Why would it relate to arming teachers. I don't know this teacher. You advocating for shootouts in 1st grade classes or something? Don't be ridiculous. There are lots of teachers I wouldn't trust with a gun around students. Teachers should teach. Security officers should be armed if needed to provide security, be they law enforcement or other. How about "woke" teachers, supposedly (according to the right wing) indoctrinate and coercing students? You want them locked and loaded with your kids, too. Or do you actually have any kids in public school or ever did?

How come all these "safe spaces" are being violated? Don't these shooters read the signs that say, "No guns allowed?"

Nope. My comment is strictly related to the inattention and mismanagement of school and district inaction and handling of this repeat offender kid, ignoring multiple warning of the day of the lil bastard shooting his teacher at the reading table, after denying permission to search the lil sht.
Thanks for your reply, that makes sense!

But attached to that is the attitude that prevails on allowing mental illness to not be treated by being mandated. And then further, the prevailing attitude in some that there must be few reasons to strip these sort of people of their second amendment rights.

Please bear in mind that I'm contributing to this topic on the basis of what I believe is important from a Canadian's POV.

A lawsuit is the last thing I would imagine as being a resolution of the problem that caused the shooting.

Why would it relate to arming teachers.
The reason why it might relate to arming teachers is because that's a very significant opinion that has been expressed on this forum.

Granted, it might not be the 'most' popular opinion?

It's certainly not my opinion, and so please don't ask me why it's proposed.

Members 2Aguy, 14shooter, are two who will quickly answer to it's merits.

Crazy, huh?Absolu

Absolutely....and the parents too.

Yep crazy that the kid could carry, lift, point and squeeze the trigger and an adult still couldn't get out of the way and disarm him.

Choked to death by a six year old? Tough kid.
Blame the victim now.

Newport News?

Good luck with a vibrant jury.....Settle out of court.

Ya, I am not jumping up and down to arm every teacher. Not every one is suited to handle a gun in a crisis situation. Been more than one person whip out their colt 45 talk some skit and end up dead. More than one has had their gun taken from them and killed with their own gun. Seems like some one should be armed though. This skit is not happening in court houses. Today ya walk through a metal detector and there are deputies with guns. Seems a similar approach would be viable.

Thanks for your reply, that makes sense!

But attached to that is the attitude that prevails on allowing mental illness to not be treated by being mandated. And then further, the prevailing attitude in some that there must be few reasons to strip these sort of people of their second amendment rights.

Please bear in mind that I'm contributing to this topic on the basis of what I believe is important from a Canadian's POV.

A lawsuit is the last thing I would imagine as being a resolution of the problem that caused the shooting.
Never a need to strip search a 6-year-old. I don't trust blanket authority for teachers themselves to be packing heat. I sure don't trust teachers with the authority to strip search any kids.

The reason why it might relate to arming teachers is because that's a very significant opinion that has been expressed on this forum.

Granted, it might not be the 'most' popular opinion?

It's certainly not my opinion, and so please don't ask me why it's proposed.

Members 2Aguy, 14shooter, are two who will quickly answer to it's merits.
Been expressed by nut balls. It is not a viable answer.

Forum List

Back