Teacher Under Fire For Telling Student to Speak English

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
The teacher might have been a little bit harsh with their actions, but actually I agree with them. If you live in an English speaking country, you should be at least speaking English when you're out in public. What you do on your own time is completely up to you though.

Edit: In another article the teacher told the student to leave the classroom as that's the only reason why I said they might have been a bit too harsh.

The teacher might have been a little bit harsh with their actions, but actually I agree with them. If you live in an English speaking country, you should be at least speaking English when you're out in public. What you do on your own time is completely up to you though.

Edit: In another article the teacher told the student to leave the classroom as that's the only reason why I said they might have been a bit too harsh.

Just like the priests at the boarding school that forced us to speak English.
Nothing ever changes.

Just like the priests at the boarding school that forced us to speak English.
Nothing ever changes.

I'm sure the rule applies to all countries. You live there, then you should at least know how and attempt to speak their language.

Does this square with the 1st Amendment? ... do you seriously want to go into German-speaking communities and force them to speak Englishing? ... call me a crypto-conservative if you want, but shouldn't we let the Free Market decide this? ... everybody else in the world knows speaking Englishing is the key to fortune and riches ...

There is NO national language in the United States ... for a good reason ...

In school is not "in public." Out in public people "should" speak whatever language they damn well please. The teacher wasn't "too harsh," she was too stupid. A student's L1 can be a very useful tool in acquiring an L2.

Forum List

Back