Teaching anal sex to 5th graders?

Chicago Parents Outraged Over Fifth Grade Sex Ed Class Teaching Age Appropriate Joys of Female Condoms Anal Sex Lube Scared Monkeys

"Parents got quite the eye-opening education this past Wednesday at the Andrew Jackson Language Academy, one of the city’s elite magnet schools. The school hosted a meeting on Chicago Public Schools’ newest sex ed curriculum to give parents a sneak peak at the upcoming sex-education curriculum that 10 and 11 year old Johnny and Suzie would be learning. To the parents shock, the binder they were provided of so-called age appropriate information included the benefits of female condoms for extending sex, increasing pleasure and encouraged using lubrication. Then there was the use of female condoms for anal sex. YIKES!!! My how the times have changed and not for the better. When one parent, Amy Miller, got a close look at what her daughter might learn she said,

“To tell my 5th-grader, who’s still into ‘Little House on the Prairie,’ that it’s OK to have safe anal sex — I’m sorry. That’s just not appropriate.”"

rest at link

Why don't you teabaggers ever check Snopes and other fact checking sites before you start spreading this crap?

snopes.com Chicago Schools Are Teaching Safe Anal Sex to Fifth Graders

Chicago Parents Outraged Over Fifth Grade Sex Ed Class Teaching Age Appropriate Joys of Female Condoms Anal Sex Lube Scared Monkeys

"Parents got quite the eye-opening education this past Wednesday at the Andrew Jackson Language Academy, one of the city’s elite magnet schools. The school hosted a meeting on Chicago Public Schools’ newest sex ed curriculum to give parents a sneak peak at the upcoming sex-education curriculum that 10 and 11 year old Johnny and Suzie would be learning. To the parents shock, the binder they were provided of so-called age appropriate information included the benefits of female condoms for extending sex, increasing pleasure and encouraged using lubrication. Then there was the use of female condoms for anal sex. YIKES!!! My how the times have changed and not for the better. When one parent, Amy Miller, got a close look at what her daughter might learn she said,

“To tell my 5th-grader, who’s still into ‘Little House on the Prairie,’ that it’s OK to have safe anal sex — I’m sorry. That’s just not appropriate.”"

rest at link

Why don't you teabaggers ever check Snopes and other fact checking sites before you start spreading this crap?

Why don't YOU read more than one article from someone you don't know before deciding they're a teabagger. Think my "Tea Party is the American Taliban" posts make clear where I stand on them.

rest at link

Why would this subject even be in the curriculum for review? This makes no sense at all.

rest at link

Why would this subject even be in the curriculum for review? This makes no sense at all.

I know this may be a shock to you, but children don't wait until they're graduated from high school to have sex. Case in point: Bristol Palin.

About 10 years ago, the kids were started coming out with their own little version of virginity.

You can still be a virgin if you have only anal sex.

Incidentally, you also cannot get pregnant if you only have anal sex.

It's still unprotected sex.

That's the big deal.

Oral sex is not sex either. It's a bunch of convoluted thinking.

There is a reason that the HPV shots are given at age 11. That's the age they are seeing the kids show up with infections.

I don't agree with what I just read about how it's being taught.
Oral sex is quite common in middle school. I've got two grand kids in middle school and two in high school. Guys will often ask girls for oral sex before they even date.

So . . . that's what your grandchildren tell you, eh? I'm quite skeptical to be honest. I don't think it's as common as you claim it to be among the middle schoolers. It happens, but it isn't "common" among the age groups we are referring to, as noted in the link below, and I still don't see the need to teach this age group anything about anal sex. They only need to discuss the basics.

American Teens Sexual and Reproductive Health
Oral and anal sex are not typically a topic in a two day sex education class. Where it usually comes up is in discussing how sexual transmitted diseases spread and their prevention. If you don't include oral and anal sex, it's tantamount to telling kids it's safe.

To do a good job of teaching a sex education class you have to involve students and be willing to address their concerns which means addressing sexual taboos.

About 10 years ago, the kids were started coming out with their own little version of virginity.

That's the big deal.

There is a reason that the HPV shots are given at age 11. That's the age they are seeing the kids show up with infections.

Oral sex is quite common in middle school. I've got two grand kids in middle school and two in high school. Guys will often ask girls for oral sex before they even date.

So . . . that's what your grandchildren tell you, eh? I'm quite skeptical to be honest. I don't think it's as common as you claim it to be among the middle schoolers. It happens, but it isn't "common" among the age groups we are referring to, as noted in the link below, and I still don't see the need to teach this age group anything about anal sex. They only need to discuss the basics.

Oral and anal sex are not typically a topic in a two day sex education class. Where it usually comes up is in discussing how sexual transmitted diseases spread and their prevention. If you don't include oral and anal sex, it's tantamount to telling kids it's safe.

To do a good job of teaching a sex education class you have to involve students and be willing to address their concerns which means addressing sexual taboos.

I don't see any need to delve into specifics of anal sex with 10-year-old children, like was described in the OP.

rest at link

If you do a bit research, you'll see it's not including in the curriculum and it's not being taught in class. The administration said they don't know how it got in the presentation material.

rest at link

If you do a bit research, you'll see it's not including in the curriculum and it's not being taught in class. The administration said they don't know how it got in the presentation material.

Of course they did! They are going to try to protect their own butts (pun intended :lol:).

That's the big deal.

I don't see any need to delve into specifics of anal sex with 10-year-old children, like was described in the OP.
I can't image any 5th grade teacher delving into the specifics of anal sex.

That's the big deal.

Well, some of the things that the parents read were apparently quite specific, and I still have to wonder, if they had no intention of teaching this stuff, how on earth did it get on the paperwork?

rest at link

Of course they did! They are going to try to protect their own butts (pun intended :lol:).
You really think the school district plans to teach anal sex to 5th graders. That's ridiculous.

rest at link

You really think the school district plans to teach anal sex to 5th graders. That's ridiculous.

How would the material have gotten there?

Well, some of the things that the parents read were apparently quite specific, and I still have to wonder, if they had no intention of teaching this stuff, how on earth did it get on the paperwork?
And that's what parents should be concerned about. In a school district you should never fail to review material being given to parents. It sounds to me like the school administration has some management problems.

rest at link

I would suggest that you are strongly out of touch with our education system ... I recommend you visit your local school. This isn't new ...

One publications said an organization called the Female Condom Coalition was responsible. It had to be someone who had access to the presentation material.

One publications said an organization called the Female Condom Coalition was responsible. It had to be someone who had access to the presentation material.

That is what I would be interested in knowing if I was a parent of a student. Ultimately, the school is responsible. Did they not have anyone check? Failure somewhere here on the school's part.

I would suggest that you are strongly out of touch with our education system ... I recommend you visit your local school. This isn't new ...

I do weekly. I volunteer in my grandson's elementary school, my daughter teaches 3rd grade, and I taught in high school. I'm probably out of touch with a lot stuff, but not our local schools.

I do weekly. I volunteer in my grandson's elementary school, my daughter teaches 3rd grade, and I taught in high school. I'm probably out of touch with a lot stuff, but not our local schools.

Then, you're not seeing what's going on. I would suggest you've either become anesthetized by familiarity, or you aren't asking the right questions.

Try an experiment - ask your teacher daughter why the level of education differs so significantly by ethnicity in her school, and what they are doing about it. Then, ask her why the results of testing at the 10th grade level shows that all their 'actions' are a failure, that the problem is exponentially worse the longer they stay in school. Ask her how much money is spent per student for special education versus general education.

Ask yourself how much money is spent on educating the gifted student (typically white and much smaller classes) compared to the amount of money dedicated to helping minorities to catch up.

You have a grandson - ask yourself a simple question. How much of his academic and, particularly, social education should be the responsibility of his parents, but is abdicated to the schools?

Then, you're not seeing what's going on. I would suggest you've either become anesthetized by familiarity, or you aren't asking the right questions.

Try an experiment - ask your teacher daughter why the level of education differs so significantly by ethnicity in her school, and what they are doing about it. Then, ask her why the results of testing at the 10th grade level shows that all their 'actions' are a failure, that the problem is exponentially worse the longer they stay in school. Ask her how much money is spent per student for special education versus general education.

Ask yourself how much money is spent on educating the gifted student (typically white and much smaller classes) compared to the amount of money dedicated to helping minorities to catch up.

You have a grandson - ask yourself a simple question. How much of his academic and, particularly, social education should be the responsibility of his parents, but is abdicated to the schools?
The subject of the thread is sex education specifically at the 5th grade level in a Chicago school, not special education, nor the difference in education by ethnisity, nor the parents role in social education

Last edited:

The subject of the thread is sex education specifically at the 5th grade level in a Chicago school, not special education, nor the difference in education by ethnisity, nor the parents role in social education

Disingenuous - the discussion is about the actions of the educational institutions that you don't know about.

Forum List

Back