🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ted Cruz Introduces Bills to Stop Gay Marriage

This is nothing more than a meaningless gesture considering it has almost zero chance of passing Congress.

That isn't my point either. Obviously his legislation will never become law. What he just did to his chances to be elected by anyone but his moron base has been cast in concrete. Well good. Let the bigots spend all their donation money on good ol boy Ted. Let their message spread out across the land. I hope they give him millions of dollars. More is less! Can ya dig it?

You mean his chances dropped from zero to none?

Why spoil his surprise so early? I wouldn't want him to drop out before he gets the bigot donations.

It will be pretty comical watching the social conservatives try and out social conservative their opponents in the primary. It should provide hours of laughs.

Unfortunately it is what happens every year.
Think Ben Carson, I think he would have been a very solid choice and make a great President. But in order to attract speaking $$ - he turned himself into Sean Hannity.
Shame.

This is nothing more than a meaningless gesture considering it has almost zero chance of passing Congress.

That isn't my point either. Obviously his legislation will never become law. What he just did to his chances to be elected by anyone but his moron base has been cast in concrete. Well good. Let the bigots spend all their donation money on good ol boy Ted. Let their message spread out across the land. I hope they give him millions of dollars. More is less! Can ya dig it?

It will be pretty comical watching the social conservatives try and out social conservative their opponents in the primary. It should provide hours of laughs.

I can't watch or listen to that much stupidity. Most professional comedians only work for 5-10 minutes on stage at a time.

There is a thought! Instead of making political speeches at the usual venues these guys should just skip to the chase and book their appearances at the comedy stages throughout the country.

It wouldn't end gay marriage in America like the loony Left will bleat about, it would simply allow states to decide the issue for themselves. Not all would ban gay marriage and the butt pirates can all move to the states that allow it.

Then the Feds were wrong when they outlawed slavery. They should have left it up to the states, right?

Slavery violated the Constitution, defining marriage does not. Try to pay attention.
:lol: Not until the feds got involved.....:lol:

Sorry bout that,

1. Well Ted Cruz is a decent man then.
2. I like him.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
I'm not surprised you do.
Bloomberg | 4/23/2015 | Heidi Prszbyla

Bloomberg Title and Link Only
Ted Cruz Introduces Bills to Stop Gay Marriage - Bloomberg Politics
Sub-Heading-- "The Texas senator wants to establish a constitutional amendment that protects states that define marriage as being between a man and a woman from legal action. "

---
Cruz Is going to fight the gays!

It would not surprise me to find out that Ted Cruz is a closet gay.
It wouldnt surprise you to find out the sun rises in the East.
The sun does not rise, the Earth rotates to where the sun is visible...
Science is evil.

Cruz's legislation would establish a constitutional amendment shielding states that define marriage as between one woman and one man from legal action, according to bill language obtained by Bloomberg News.
A second bill would bar federal courts from further weighing in on the marriage issue until such an amendment is adopted.

Gotta love Cruz

I want a Constitutional amendment (fat chance)
Until I get my amendment, I want a law that bars the courts from ruling until my amendment passes

And that is exactly what Ted Cruz was elected to do. Make meaningless legislation. His supports must be enthralled.

Seriously though...Cruz already has the coo coo banana bird vote locked up...this is beyond meaningless.

So Ted Cruz wants "state's rights" to decide this issue.

Whenever we hear "state's rights" it's always the state's right to perpetuate oppression.

"States Rights" has always been code to oppress human rights in your state

"If we want to persecute (blacks, women, gays) in our state it is our business"

And that is exactly what Ted Cruz was elected to do. Make meaningless legislation. His supports must be enthralled.

Seriously though...Cruz already has the coo coo banana bird vote locked up...this is beyond meaningless.

I wouldn't say it is meaningless. If other primary candidates don't support this legislation he can use it to attack them. He is hoping to chip away social con votes from them.

Sub-Heading-- "The Texas senator wants to establish a constitutional amendment that protects states that define marriage as being between a man and a woman from legal action. "

---

Ted knows those bills will never be passed. He is just doing it to keep his crazy supporters riled up.
I thought his supporters were pretending to conservatives.

Lots of teabaggers are too embarrassed to admit what they are, and claim to be conservative.

I wouldn't say it is meaningless. If other primary candidates don't support this legislation he can use it to attack them. He is hoping to chip away social con votes from them.

If so, I hope he succeeds.

You liberals are such snobs and children all wrapped up in one. someone doesn't agree to your agendas and look out

You liberals are such snobs and children all wrapped up in one. someone doesn't agree to your agendas and look out
When the agenda is equality, it boggles the mind that political figures and their acolytes like you don't agree.

What's so harmful about equal access to jurisprudence? Do you think that by extending equality to all citizens, some of your rights will erode?

Making everyone free makes EVERYONE free.

LMAO! Cruz it the one being a snob here. He doesn't want anyone that isn't like him to have a good life.

You're an idiot, Stuphie, no offense.

---

its called having principles and being willing to stand up for them. Something not a single dem can or will do.

When the agenda is equality, it boggles the mind that political figures and their acolytes like you don't agree.

What's so harmful about equal access to jurisprudence? Do you think that by extending equality to all citizens, some of your rights will erode?

Making everyone free makes EVERYONE free.

everyone in the USA is free. There are no constitutional rights that do not apply to gays.

Forum List

Back