🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ted Cruz Introduces Bills to Stop Gay Marriage

What is the success rate of that argument in the courts concerning gay marriage? Yeah, not so good.

Why do we allow fat people to marry? Gluttony offends God.

Why do we allow liars to marry? Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord.

Why do we allow those that dishonor their mother and father to marry? They offend God.

Like I said, it is not a compelling legal argument.

nice try, but those things do not compare with homosexuality. Whether its a valid legal argument is yet to be seen. I think the gay mafia will win this round, and the country and society as a whole will lose.
The people deserve what they vote for. Obama is the perfect example of voters shitting in their own soup.

No, the country loses because people like you obsess with idiotic made up religious agendas and ignore the maintenance of the legacy of the true good works of the great republicans that preceded you.

"endowed by their creator" "In God we trust" the founders knew what they and the country stood for and those beliefs have made this country the greatest in the history of the world.

Can you list the Godless republicans from the past that you are so proud of?

I can't remember Dwight David Eisenhower ever mentioning the word "homosexual".

me either, the gay mafia did not exist in those days. But there were plenty of openly gays. remember Liberace? Whats your point?

He doesn't know. just that if we don't bow to them expect to called, nasty names

Sorry, dude. But the bigotry here is yours. You are bigoted against anyone who does not share your far left ideas of how our society should operate. YOU ARE THE BIGOT.

That sums up all the people from the left/libs/dem party. Also if you don't bow down to them they'll call you all kinds of names. because they are so high and mighty they feel it's THEIR RIGHT. all I see them as is intolerant bullies, which you see in this thread

Sorry Stefunny...I have never voted democrat. I have been a republican since birth..66 years ago. All of my family has been republican. So you rightfully ask "why I am against many of the current republican candidates and incumbants?". The reason I seem so hateful towards the current repubs in general is because the party has been stolen by religious zealots with no intelligence or understanding of how government works to handle the job of maintaining the legacy of the great works of Eisenhower and other true republican American patriots.

The reason people like you have ripped off my party was to acquire a national platform to spout your religious dogma and bigotry. You are an embarrassment to the name republican. You are GOP in name only. You think you are republican when in fact you do not represent traditional republican values.

You can put lipstick on a pig and wave a GOP banner but you are still a pig. I don't support pigs.

for someone so uppity you sure do HATE others. but I'll play this for you.:boohoo:
so much for accepting other people views in the country

I am not a Christian. I am not obligated to support or accept your so called Faith Based Agenda. I am an American. The republican party has created great works that people like you have pissed on in the effort to push religious nonsense on the country. Yes, you offend me and all Americans that drive on the interstate highways and take advantage of other enormous advantages the republican party has built for us.

Well, you offend me-----------ain't freedom great?

But what I see from you is intolerance of the beliefs of others, you sound like a closet liberal.

The great American Patriots from the republican party kept their religious views to themselves almost always and just worked to make America a better place for all of us to live in.

nice try, but those things do not compare with homosexuality. Whether its a valid legal argument is yet to be seen. I think the gay mafia will win this round, and the country and society as a whole will lose.
The people deserve what they vote for. Obama is the perfect example of voters shitting in their own soup.

No, the country loses because people like you obsess with idiotic made up religious agendas and ignore the maintenance of the legacy of the true good works of the great republicans that preceded you.

"endowed by their creator" "In God we trust" the founders knew what they and the country stood for and those beliefs have made this country the greatest in the history of the world.

me either, the gay mafia did not exist in those days. But there were plenty of openly gays. remember Liberace? Whats your point?

He doesn't know. just that if we don't bow to them expect to called, nasty names

It IS unfortunate that I must point out that you are stupid. That is a fact and it effects the things you say and the choices of the people you follow.

Bloomberg | 4/23/2015 | Heidi Prszbyla

Bloomberg Title and Link Only
Ted Cruz Introduces Bills to Stop Gay Marriage - Bloomberg Politics
Sub-Heading-- "The Texas senator wants to establish a constitutional amendment that protects states that define marriage as being between a man and a woman from legal action. "

---
Cruz Is going to fight the gays!

Big chunk of voters against gay marriage up fro grabs for whoever stands against it.

Civil Rights

What is the success rate of that argument in the courts concerning gay marriage? Yeah, not so good.

Why do we allow those that dishonor their mother and father to marry? They offend God.

The article says "it offends God" and the aforementioned offends God, no? This is why that argument is foolish and doesn't play well in the courts.

Because many of our current judges are left wing hacks who ignore the constitution.

We are guaranteed the "pursuit of happiness" there is no guarantee that the govt has to help us find it.

It isn't the fault of judges the anti-gay marriage folks can't make a legally compelling argument before the courts. I can't wait to see what these folks bring to the SCOTUS next week. It should be a laugh riot.

Judges with an agenda do not listen to arguments from the other side. Their minds are already made up. As to what SCOTUS will do next week-----------who knows, they have surprised us before.

Do you think Kagan should recuse herself since she officiated a gay marriage and has an obvious conflict of interest. or do recusal rules only apply to conservative judges?

There was no conflict of interest considering gay marriage was legal in the state of Maryland. The questions before the court will have no bearing on gay marriage in the State of Maryland.

Anyone that was calling for a recusal of Thomas concerning the court case surrounding the ACA is a partisan stooge. The real reason they wanted him to do so b/c they knew he would not vote in favor of the ACA.

:lol: You obviously don't remember Liberace...he was never "openly gay".

How Liberace Protected His ‘Big Secret’ in the Homophobic ’50s

Of course. And the great republicans never brought up any legislation designed to make his life any more difficult or less of a fully entitled American. There was far more important work to do and they went about seeing that it was accomplished.

You are an idiot. Liberace was OBVIOUSLY a homosexual. I don't believe that Eisenhower or Goldwater felt it was any of their business. I do not believe Nixon ever obsessed about homosexuals either. He obsessed about hippies only because they opposed his conduct of the Viet Nam war.

You are an idiot. Liberace was OBVIOUSLY a homosexual. I don't believe that Eisenhower or Goldwater felt it was any of their business.

Yes, in 2015 Liberace was "obviously gay". In the 1950s, he wasn't. Liberace never came out as gay. He sued a newspaper for libel for suggesting it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Liberace wasn't openly gay. He successfully sued two newspaper that claimed he was gay. It was obvious he was gay but he kept it private as not damage his career.

Sub-Heading-- "The Texas senator wants to establish a constitutional amendment that protects states that define marriage as being between a man and a woman from legal action. "

---

Ted knows those bills will never be passed. He is just doing it to keep his crazy supporters riled up.

One would think with a GOP Congress, he could get it passed, but considering those assholes just confirmed Obama's lunatic AG appointee, there's just no telling. What did that asshole Lindsey Graham say? "A president should have his cabinet picks confirmed". Fuck these Democrat assholes calling themselves Republicans. May they burn in hell forever.

'lunatic AG appointee'?

According to what Right Wing idiot- oh wait....

Harvard
Harvard Law
Worked in a law firm
Prosecutor for the U.S. Attorney's office.
Partner in Law firm
United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York

Which part made her a 'lunatic'?

Being a partner in a law firm or being U.S. Attorney and prosecuting criminals?

Or just the crime of being a Democrat nominee?
Her opinion that a Democrat president can issue any executive order he wants, bypassing Congress. No doubt if it were a Republican president, she would think differently. So yes, I have a problem with her being a Democrat because all of you are hypocrites.

Were you this upset about the 291 executive orders that shrub issued?
It's not the number, skid mark, it's the ones that legislate in lieu of Congress. The Decider could have issued a thousand. Doesn't matter to me as long as they're legal.

You are an idiot. Liberace was OBVIOUSLY a homosexual. I don't believe that Eisenhower or Goldwater felt it was any of their business.

Yes, in 2015 Liberace was "obviously gay". In the 1950s, he wasn't. Liberace never came out as gay. He sued a newspaper for libel for suggesting it.

That would be between Liberace and the newspaper. I didn't follow Liberace's life as I didn't/don't obsess about the queers as you do.

---

Ted knows those bills will never be passed. He is just doing it to keep his crazy supporters riled up.

One would think with a GOP Congress, he could get it passed, but considering those assholes just confirmed Obama's lunatic AG appointee, there's just no telling. What did that asshole Lindsey Graham say? "A president should have his cabinet picks confirmed". Fuck these Democrat assholes calling themselves Republicans. May they burn in hell forever.

'lunatic AG appointee'?

Harvard
Harvard Law
Worked in a law firm
Partner in Law firm

Her opinion that a Democrat president can issue any executive order he wants, bypassing Congress. No doubt if it were a Republican president, she would think differently. So yes, I have a problem with her being a Democrat because all of you are hypocrites.

Yeah- you do have a problem.
Not as big as yours.

In other words, the OP admits in the first line that his title is a lie.

that isn't anything new from the LEFT. If they didn't LIE and mislead the people they couldn't get them all riled up and drooling for their party

they crawl to any low for THE PARTY

That would be between Liberace and the newspaper. I didn't follow Liberace's life as I didn't/don't obsess about the queers as you do.

Wow...quite the concession. Perhaps next time you won't make claims that you don't know for a fact are true.

You want THESE people running your country? AND they have the nerve to put down others

SNIP:
Tolerant Liberals Calling For Boycott Of Gay Businessman Who Hosted Reception For Ted Cruz…

So loving and open-minded…

Via Hot Air:

all of it here;
Tolerant Liberals Calling For Boycott Of Gay Businessman Who Hosted Reception For Ted Cruz Weasel Zippers
This is yet another example of your level.of retardation, as if you didnt already provide enough.

Last post: gay issue doesnt matter, theres way more important issues.
This post: people who support gay like this should NOT be running our Country.

Your ability to out do yourself with your levels upon levels of stupidity is amazing.
Friendly fire much?

'lunatic AG appointee'?

Harvard
Harvard Law
Worked in a law firm
Partner in Law firm

Were you this upset about the 291 executive orders that shrub issued?
It's not the number, skid mark, it's the ones that legislate in lieu of Congress. The Decider could have issued a thousand. Doesn't matter to me as long as they're legal.

Oh...I see. You mean things like the Emancipation Proclamation?

Well, where were we now?

-Geaux
-------------------------------

10 Reasons Why Homosexual “Marriage” is Harmful and Must be Opposed

1. It Is Not Marriage

Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.

The promoters of same-sex “marriage” propose something entirely different. They propose the union between two men or two women. This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage. It also denies the specific primary purpose of marriage: the perpetuation of the human race and the raising of children.

Two entirely different things cannot be considered the same thing.

2. It Violates Natural Law

Marriage is not just any relationship between human beings. It is a relationship rooted in human nature and thus governed by natural law.

Natural law’s most elementary precept is that “good is to be done and pursued, and evil is to be avoided.” By his natural reason, man can perceive what is morally good or bad for him. Thus, he can know the end or purpose of each of his acts and how it is morally wrong to transform the means that help him accomplish an act into the act’s purpose.

Any situation which institutionalizes the circumvention of the purpose of the sexual act violates natural law and the objective norm of morality.

Being rooted in human nature, natural law is universal and immutable. It applies to the entire human race, equally. It commands and forbids consistently, everywhere and always. Saint Paul taught in the Epistle to the Romans that the natural law is inscribed on the heart of every man. (Rom. 2:14-15)

3. It Always Denies a Child Either a Father or a Mother

It is in the child’s best interests that he be raised under the influence of his natural father and mother. This rule is confirmed by the evident difficulties faced by the many children who are orphans or are raised by a single parent, a relative, or a foster parent.

The unfortunate situation of these children will be the norm for all children of a same-sex “marriage.” A child of a same-sex “marriage” will always be deprived of either his natural mother or father. He will necessarily be raised by one party who has no blood relationship with him. He will always be deprived of either a mother or a father role model.

Same-sex “marriage” ignores a child’s best interests.

4. It Validates and Promotes the Homosexual Lifestyle

In the name of the “family,” same-sex “marriage” serves to validate not only such unions but the whole homosexual lifestyle in all its bisexual and transgender variants.

Civil laws are structuring principles of man's life in society. As such, they play a very important and sometimes decisive role in influencing patterns of thought and behavior. They externally shape the life of society, but also profoundly modify everyone’s perception and evaluation of forms of behavior.

Legal recognition of same-sex “marriage” would necessarily obscure certain basic moral values, devalue traditional marriage, and weaken public morality.

5. It Turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right

Homosexual activists argue that same-sex “marriage” is a civil rights issue similar to the struggle for racial equality in the 1960s.

This is false.

First of all, sexual behavior and race are essentially different realities. A man and a woman wanting to marry may be different in their characteristics: one may be black, the other white; one rich, the other poor; or one tall, the other short. None of these differences are insurmountable obstacles to marriage. The two individuals are still man and woman, and thus the requirements of nature are respected.

Same-sex “marriage” opposes nature. Two individuals of the same sex, regardless of their race, wealth, stature, erudition or fame, will never be able to marry because of an insurmountable biological impossibility.

Secondly, inherited and unchangeable racial traits cannot be compared with non-genetic and changeable behavior. There is simply no analogy between the interracial marriage of a man and a woman and the “marriage” between two individuals of the same sex.

10 Reasons Why Homosexual Marriage is Harmful and Must be Opposed

"It offends God" isn't exactly a very compelling legal argument.

our system of laws is based on judeo/Christian principles, so yes, it is a very compelling legal argument

The Left winning the war is like a virus winning the war. The host dies and so do they.

Forum List

Back