🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ted Cruz Introduces Bills to Stop Gay Marriage

Bloomberg | 4/23/2015 | Heidi Prszbyla

Bloomberg Title and Link Only
Ted Cruz Introduces Bills to Stop Gay Marriage - Bloomberg Politics
Sub-Heading-- "The Texas senator wants to establish a constitutional amendment that protects states that define marriage as being between a man and a woman from legal action. "

---
Cruz Is going to fight the gays!
Thank god someone is here to defend us from the pressing issue of gay marriage. Without this legislation I fear the gays may have taken over the world!

Bloomberg | 4/23/2015 | Heidi Prszbyla

Bloomberg Title and Link Only
Ted Cruz Introduces Bills to Stop Gay Marriage - Bloomberg Politics
Sub-Heading-- "The Texas senator wants to establish a constitutional amendment that protects states that define marriage as being between a man and a woman from legal action. "

---
Cruz Is going to fight the gays!
Thank god someone is here to defend us from the pressing issue of gay marriage. Without this legislation I fear the gays may have taken over the world!
So will it stop you from buying tranny hookers?

Good.

Let the locals decide whether or not they want fornicating fecal matter worshippers in their community.

Shouldn't we let the locals decide gun rights, too? I mean, if local control is more democratic and fair than having the big central government decide issues..

there is no constitutional amendment on gay marriage. your analogy attempt fails.

Slavery violated the Constitution, defining marriage does not. Try to pay attention.
It actually did not violate the Constitution. Thus the 13th Amendment. But enough people thought it was wrong that it became the law.

And the 14th protects same sex marriage as an equal right.
Bullshit.

Golly, another thoughtful and cogent opinion from the anti gay crowd. I'm shocked they haven't won more court cases.

Where does the 14th amendment say same sex marriage is an equal right?
It says deprive any person of life, liberty or property.
You are free to be gay in this country but it says nothing about marriage.

You are obsessing about an institution that has over a 60% failure rate. That abysmal longevity stat has little if nothing to do with homosexuals. It would serve you that think it is the "foundation" of our society to work a little harder on the actual causes of it's horrible record of success.

It actually did not violate the Constitution. Thus the 13th Amendment. But enough people thought it was wrong that it became the law.

Bullshit.

Golly, another thoughtful and cogent opinion from the anti gay crowd. I'm shocked they haven't won more court cases.

You are obsessing about an institution that has over a 60% failure rate. That abysmal longevity stat has little if nothing to do with homosexuals. It would serve you that think it is the "foundation" of our society to work a little harder on the actual causes of it's horrible record of success.

many believe that sanctioning gay marriage would harm society, you don't believe it would. There is a difference of opinion-----------so lets put it to a vote in every state and let the will of the people prevail.

I will accept the will of the people, will you?

I can't remember Dwight David Eisenhower ever mentioning the word "homosexual".

me either, the gay mafia did not exist in those days. But there were plenty of openly gays. remember Liberace? Whats your point?

Liberace wasn't openly gay. He successfully sued two newspaper that claimed he was gay. It was obvious he was gay but he kept it private as not damage his career.

If you couldn't tell Liberace was gay then you weren't paying attention. I saw him on various TV shows when I was a kid..Ed Sullivan etc. I remember asking my parents why he dressed like that and talked like that and it was explained that he was probably a homosexual. My parents were not stupid. Neither am I.

Thinking one may be gay and openly/stating one is gay is two totally different matters. He wasn't openly gay.

I wasn't paying attention to Liberace in the 50's or 60's b/c I wasn't born until the 80's. Either way I really don't care about Liberace.

I lived a lot of life before you were born as a republican and believe it or not I managed to muddle through it without even once obsessing about homos. I knew they existed but it really wasn't my business so I didn't give it any thought.

me too. you and I did not start the homo debate that is dominating our culture.

Bullshit.

many believe that sanctioning gay marriage would harm society, you don't believe it would. There is a difference of opinion-----------so lets put it to a vote in every state and let the will of the people prevail.

How would it harm society? I see a lot of people who's sensibilities it would harm but 0 evidence for societal harm

Bullshit.

I'm more an "equal protection under the law" kindof a guy. There are some issues that the nation must agree on as a whole. I like having a valid drivers license anywhere I drive even if it is across a state line. When I was married it was a good thing my marriage license was valid also. I will attest though that the failure to remain married had nothing to do with the queers being married or not.

It wouldn't end gay marriage in America like the loony Left will bleat about, it would simply allow states to decide the issue for themselves. Not all would ban gay marriage and the butt pirates can all move to the states that allow it.

That's a great idea, because America shouldn't be a TOTALLY free country for gays. That would be unAmerican.

It would make WAY more sense to just have certain states that feel that gay Americans have rights, and still have certain states that don't. That way, if there are too many religious folk in the country that feel the government isn't kissing their asses quite right, there are states for them to move to where they will get the kissing of a lifetime, for a lifetime.

Now THAT'S an American plan.

Might I suggest:

south.gif

It may be poor and smell funny, but I swear, religious folk, this is where you want to go.

"Proud to be an American! Where at least I know if I'm white and believe what my pastor tells me I'm free!"

Ain't that America?

Ted knows those bills will never be passed. He is just doing it to keep his crazy supporters riled up.

One would think with a GOP Congress, he could get it passed, but considering those assholes just confirmed Obama's lunatic AG appointee, there's just no telling. What did that asshole Lindsey Graham say? "A president should have his cabinet picks confirmed". Fuck these Democrat assholes calling themselves Republicans. May they burn in hell forever.

'lunatic AG appointee'?

According to what Right Wing idiot- oh wait....

Harvard
Harvard Law
Worked in a law firm
Prosecutor for the U.S. Attorney's office.
Partner in Law firm
United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York

Which part made her a 'lunatic'?

Being a partner in a law firm or being U.S. Attorney and prosecuting criminals?

Or just the crime of being a Democrat nominee?
Her opinion that a Democrat president can issue any executive order he wants, bypassing Congress. No doubt if it were a Republican president, she would think differently. So yes, I have a problem with her being a Democrat because all of you are hypocrites.

Were you this upset about the 291 executive orders that shrub issued?
It's not the number, skid mark, it's the ones that legislate in lieu of Congress. The Decider could have issued a thousand. Doesn't matter to me as long as they're legal.

Your statement might deserve consideration if you had not made outrageously false claims about virtually every step this president has taken. You threw away your credibility long ago, about the time you threw away your integrity.

me either, the gay mafia did not exist in those days. But there were plenty of openly gays. remember Liberace? Whats your point?

Liberace wasn't openly gay. He successfully sued two newspaper that claimed he was gay. It was obvious he was gay but he kept it private as not damage his career.

If you couldn't tell Liberace was gay then you weren't paying attention. I saw him on various TV shows when I was a kid..Ed Sullivan etc. I remember asking my parents why he dressed like that and talked like that and it was explained that he was probably a homosexual. My parents were not stupid. Neither am I.

Thinking one may be gay and openly/stating one is gay is two totally different matters. He wasn't openly gay.

I wasn't paying attention to Liberace in the 50's or 60's b/c I wasn't born until the 80's. Either way I really don't care about Liberace.

I lived a lot of life before you were born as a republican and believe it or not I managed to muddle through it without even once obsessing about homos. I knew they existed but it really wasn't my business so I didn't give it any thought.

me too. you and I did not start the homo debate that is dominating our culture.
But your fellow conservatives did – by seeking to disadvantage gay Americans using the force of law.

This is a controversy you and others on the right created, an issue easily avoided had the states simply followed the Constitution and allowed same-sex couples access to marriage law.

Now the right's unwarranted animosity toward gay Americans has reached ridiculous proportions, with a republican senator proposing to 'amend' the Constitution to codify discrimination.

One would think with a GOP Congress, he could get it passed, but considering those assholes just confirmed Obama's lunatic AG appointee, there's just no telling. What did that asshole Lindsey Graham say? "A president should have his cabinet picks confirmed". Fuck these Democrat assholes calling themselves Republicans. May they burn in hell forever.

'lunatic AG appointee'?

Harvard
Harvard Law
Worked in a law firm
Partner in Law firm

Her opinion that a Democrat president can issue any executive order he wants, bypassing Congress. No doubt if it were a Republican president, she would think differently. So yes, I have a problem with her being a Democrat because all of you are hypocrites.

It's not the number, skid mark, it's the ones that legislate in lieu of Congress. The Decider could have issued a thousand. Doesn't matter to me as long as they're legal.

Your statement might deserve consideration if you had not made outrageously false claims about virtually every step this president has taken. You threw away your credibility long ago, about the time you threw away your integrity.

Don't take anything he says seriously.

He couldn't even tell the Roosevelts apart in a thread a day or two ago. He's pretty pathetic when it comes to fact-based conversation.

'lunatic AG appointee'?

Harvard
Harvard Law
Worked in a law firm
Partner in Law firm

Oh...I see. You mean things like the Emancipation Proclamation?
That was in line with the Constitution and U.S. Law. Slavery was allowed but it was never really legal.

A statement that stupid needs proof.

Bullshit.

The will of the people gave us the Supreme Court for such matters.

'lunatic AG appointee'?

Harvard
Harvard Law
Worked in a law firm
Partner in Law firm

Don't take anything he says seriously.

He couldn't even tell the Roosevelts apart in a thread a day or two ago. He's pretty pathetic when it comes to fact-based conversation.

I figured that out a while ago. He's even proud of being crazy. See my sig line.

Bullshit.

How would it harm society? I see a lot of people who's sensibilities it would harm but 0 evidence for societal harm

Immoral and Sexual deviancy has brought down many society's all though out history.
These two things always leads to;
Three important trends that demonstrate social decay. They are "the crisis of lawlessness," the "loss of economic discipline," and "rising bureaucracy."
The more that we continue in manners and social life that fall into debauchery, we will continue with these three trends that leads to the fall of any society.

Immoral and Sexual deviancy has brought down many society's all though out history.
These two things always leads to;
Three important trends that demonstrate social decay. They are "the crisis of lawlessness," the "loss of economic discipline," and "rising bureaucracy."
The more that we continue in manners and social life that fall into debauchery, we will continue with these three trends that leads to the fall of any society.

The tried and true definition of insanity: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein" used to serve us pretty well but your post might be useful also.

:lol:

Forum List

Back