Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

But Joe, if we say same sex couples can’t get married just because, you call that unjust.

So Joe, why cant you marry because you are too closely related?

Because it's specifically against the law. And not even consistently, because some states you can marry a second cousin. Some states you can even marry a first cousin. Having sex with a close relation is also against the law, but it is almost never enforced with adults.

1670202261130.png

It gets better. Even if a child was adopted, he or she cannot have legal sex or marriage with an adopted sibling because the law STILL sees the relationship as incestuous even if there is NO GENETIC relation.

Although adopted siblings wishing to marry is an extremely rare and unusual situation, it is a possibility. But is it legal? The short answer is "no." It appears that throughout the U.S. and in most of the world, parties that are direct descendants or siblings—including adopted (by law) relationships— are not allowed to marry. In some rare instances, however, there may be exceptions.

In most locales, it is commonly believed that when two individuals share the same parents—regardless if one has been adopted—they are full siblings. One state that leaves this issue a bit open-ended is Colorado. The wording of the Colorado statute regarding prohibitive relationships does not include the word "adopted," so adopted siblings who want to marry one another should follow up with a county clerk in that state.

Oh, and Joe, I’m sure we all appreciate you giving your opinion on the essentials of marriage, but I think it’s bigoted to require a sexual component to marriage, especially to those that have suffered injuries making that impossible.

Hardly my opinion. Lack of consummation of the marriage IS grounds for annulment of a marriage. This is actually black letter law.

A party lacked the physical capacity to consummate the marriage through sexual intercourse.

Because it's specifically against the law. And not even consistently, because some states you can marry a second cousin. Some states you can even marry a first cousin. Having sex with a close relation is also against the law, but it is almost never enforced with adults.

View attachment 734798

It gets better. Even if a child was adopted, he or she cannot have legal sex or marriage with an adopted sibling because the law STILL sees the relationship as incestuous even if there is NO GENETIC relation.

Although adopted siblings wishing to marry is an extremely rare and unusual situation, it is a possibility. But is it legal? The short answer is "no." It appears that throughout the U.S. and in most of the world, parties that are direct descendants or siblings—including adopted (by law) relationships— are not allowed to marry. In some rare instances, however, there may be exceptions.

In most locales, it is commonly believed that when two individuals share the same parents—regardless if one has been adopted—they are full siblings. One state that leaves this issue a bit open-ended is Colorado. The wording of the Colorado statute regarding prohibitive relationships does not include the word "adopted," so adopted siblings who want to marry one another should follow up with a county clerk in that state.

Hardly my opinion. Lack of consummation of the marriage IS grounds for annulment of a marriage. This is actually black letter law.

A party lacked the physical capacity to consummate the marriage through sexual intercourse.

Lol, annulment is quite different Joe. The State can’t force dissolution.

So if a couple can’t have sex due to accident or illness, it remains their choice.

Lol, annulment is quite different Joe. The State can’t force dissolution.

So if a couple can’t have sex due to accident or illness, it remains their choice.

Wow, the point keeps going over your head, doesn't it?

If you like I’ll restate why I oppose same sex marriage, regardless of sexuality.

Because a marriage is the Union of a man to a woman, not closely related, when both of are of legal age and with the ability to consent freely.

Now I would add that the above should and always had included many gays who chose to marry a partner of the opposite sex.

Thanks.
Well we're making some progress here I suppose. You could have saved us all alot of trouble by stating that up front instead of taking us through that long charade about conceiving children which was then revealed as bullshit

OK so, you believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. OK Your entitled to your beliefs , but you are not entitled to impose those beliefs on others. I will add that while that may be your belief , it is 1) not true in that marriage has NOT been just between a man and a woman in many place for quite some time now and 2) large segments of the population do not believe your definition of marriage is valid

Yet, you will take that antiquated definition and use it as a justification to deprive millions of gay people the ability to marry their own gender depriving them AND THEIR CHILDREN the financial and legal security of marriage.
I am not finished. Your expressed belief only scratches the surface. There is still more that you are not saying. There is something, some belief about gay people that compels you to cling to that belief . You are not off of the hook yet

And if challenged, we will take a look at societal norms. Polygamy might be the next challenge. It is older than monogamy, even in religious context. It is also far more complex because all laws relating to marriage are written with the assumption of monogamy. I don't see it happening in the near or even medium term future.

Now I can add stupid to the long list of things that you are. You can't be fucking serious.!

You have an irrational annimosity towards gay people because they do not do something according to a way that you approve of( having children) As a result you advocate ounishing then and depriving them of certain rights.

In addition, no thinking person will believe that your position is just about how they have kids. There is more more to this that you are too much of a coward to admit.

The proof of that is that you have no problems with opposite sex couple who cannot have kids in a way that you approve of
The right to fudge pack? Usta be called Sodomy. Remember what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah. Besides ,this filthy habit started AIDS. The AIDS epidemic was started by Fags.

And if challenged, we will take a look at societal norms. Polygamy might be the next challenge. It is older than monogamy, even in religious context. It is also far more complex because all laws relating to marriage are written with the assumption of monogamy. I don't see it happening in the near or even medium term future.

Yeah, the woke crap that propped it up is in its death throes. Give it a year or two, three max.

Not at all Joe, not in the least bit.

Although, it’s a bit funny you think it does.

Nope, it really did. You know how I know that? Because like most homophobes, your go-to for being against gay marriage is to talk about just about anything other than gay marriage.

Nope, it really did. You know how I know that? Because like most homophobes, your go-to for being against gay marriage is to talk about just about anything other than gay marriage.

Thanks again Joe, so it appears that you think gay marriage is a separate issue?

Interesting.

One minute you claim it’s not, then you claim it is?

Thanks again Joe, so it appears that you think gay marriage is a separate issue?

Interesting.

One minute you claim it’s not, then you claim it is?

Nope, you are the one who brought up incest, which is illegal.
Gay sex isn't illegal anymore, so there's no logical reason to deny gay people the right to marriage.

Nope, you are the one who brought up incest, which is illegal.
Gay sex isn't illegal anymore, so there's no logical reason to deny gay people the right to marriage.
Joe, point out a single place in which I said gay people were ever denied the right to marry.

And yes, incest is current illegal, as was same sex marriage. But we have one person on this thread that believes that incest apparently should be legal except for a parent marrying his/her own child. That person is on your side Joe, not mine.

Now this talk about your desire to exclude soldiers, who have been severely wounded in combat, that suffered body altering injuries, making them unable to “consumate”, denial of the right to marry.

Are you the bedroom police Joe? And as we progress with this discussion, I sure hope you realize that couples get to individually define what happiness is within their unions, not you Joe.

View attachment 734798

Since you bolded the importance of a couple to consumate, did you know there are only a few ways to accomplish this?

Can you explain exactly, the compelling State interest in consumation by oral or anal sex?

I’ll wait

The right to fudge pack? Usta be called Sodomy. Remember what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah. Besides ,this filthy habit started AIDS. The AIDS epidemic was started by Fags.
You think about anal sex alot it seemsl But what does that have to do with gay marriage. If you're concerned about AIDS you should support gay marriage. Married gay men have lower rates of the disease

If the medical examiner we spoke about earlier performed an autopsy on a body, he could determine the sex. Regardless of the race, which is still determinable during an autopsy, they still could not determine sexuality.

But yes, race is a civil rights issue. Same sex marriage is not.

. if you are discriminated against when evry other person has a certain right, then indeed it is.

If you like I’ll restate why I oppose same sex marriage, regardless of sexuality.

no need to. you find it icky, therefore you want to deny others what you can legally have.

it really is that bottom line.

pun intended.

. if you are discriminated against when evry other person has a certain right, then indeed it is.

Point out where I did so. In fact, I pointed out that, prior to obergfell, everyone had the right to marry, regardless of sexuality.

Forum List

Back