Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

Example 2. I wouldn’t allow any same same sex couple to marry, regardless of sexuality.
First of all you and I both know that is a pathetic and dishonest ploy because you have no evidence of any straight people wanting to marry their own gender. Secondly, if you really want to go that rout, then we can say that if it is not bigotry based on sexual orientation, it's bigotry based on gender. Keep in mind that the Obergefell decision was in fact based on gender

More bullshit! You are not responding to the point that I made. I never said that love and attraction is required. That is just your pathetic attempt to squirm out of the truth of your bigotry. The point is that EVERYONE should havethe opportunity to seek love and sexual attraction HOWEVER they wish be it in marrage or not or with a same sex partner or not. You are just confirming your obvious bigotry

That’s why I feel so bad about that niche sexuality, bisexuals, they can never find true happiness because the law limits love and happiness to just two.

And I oppose it anyway.

First of all you and I both know that is a pathetic and dishonest ploy because you have no evidence of any straight people wanting to marry their own gender. Secondly, if you really want to go that rout, then we can say that if it is not bigotry based on sexual orientation, it's bigotry based on gender. Keep in mind that the Obergefell decision was in fact based on gender

And you have no evidence they have not!

Geez

Nope, I allow any and all “genders” to marry, as long as one is biologically male and the other biologically female.

And, while we’re at it. If we are going to make marriage about sexuality, how can a bisexual ever find joy and happiness?
Plural marriage is a separate issue. We have been all through it. To say that gays should not be able to marry their own gender until bisexual- who you do not give a rats ass about- can marry more than one person is bizarre bullshit with no basis in law.

"“We can ease the fear that millions of same-sex and interracial couples have that their freedoms and their rights could be stripped away,” said Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), a sponsor of the bill. “We are guaranteeing same-sex and interracial couples, regardless of where they live, that their marriage is legal.”

Where exactly, are these same-sex couples and inter-racial couples whose marriages are endangered?

Is Justice Clarence Thomas worried? Mitch McConnell? Mayor Pete?

Democrats are evil. Never forget it.
Just more political posturing and gamesmanship.
Maybe not, but it sure seems like the Democrats do it a LOT more than Republicans.
It is a useless bill that does nothing

Actually we probably do need some kind of review for the census. That is open to partisan Shenanigans also. But for right now let's solve the problem of completely unsecure elections that are trusted by less than half of americans.

No, the Census is fine when done properly. Of course, Trump fucked the last one up, which is why we didn't get a good count of minority communities.

"not trusted" means, "Wah, my guy lost". Deal with it and grow up.

Yes, I'm sure that they read each one very carefully. I'm sure that will seem very original to them also. They will elbow each other and say look this guy said klingon! Yuck yuck!

I guess it would depend if Star Trek is still a thing in another 40 years.. but it's lasted this long. The 1990 Census happened when Star Trek was at the height of it's popularity, that's what made it funny.

I did get a chance to look at stuff from the 1940 Census and tracked down the address my grandparents lived at then. It was kind of interesting.

All I need is the name of this bank that don't care so I can verify your veracity.
My bank let's me cash checks and send money over a phone app. (I'm old school and still drop checks off).

1. Fact. Gays have always married you goofball. Just like straights, they married someone of the opposite sex. 🤦‍♂️ And they’ve been doing it for centuries. From what I’ve heard, some have even said, after such, they discovered they were not gay after all.

Actually, I had an aunt who was a lesbian. But she went through with a sham of a marriage to make her Catholic parents happy. It lasted about a year, long enough to produce one kid, and she moved back in with her parents. She was actually pretty miserable and made her kid miserable.

1.A. I never said they didn’t. Those Romantic love and sexual attraction are not, in my humble opinion, a requirement to marry. And many have fulfilling lifelong loving relationships without marriage, so thinking one must be married to have such, is actually somewhat bigoted in itself.

No, you get married to gain certain legal protections. Gays should have the same access to those protections as straights.

Now, are there people who get married for non-romantic or non-sexual reasons? I guess. But those marriages are considered fraudulent. In fact, they might even be a crime.

1.B. I think everyone should seek happiness, but marriage does not require that nor does it guarantee same.

Nope, but the PURSUIT of happiness is one of those American virtues. It's even in the Declaration of Independence.

Example 2. I wouldn’t allow any same same sex couple to marry, regardless of sexuality, while continuing the time honored tradition of allowing gays to marry someone of the opposite sex, even if the other was also gay.

Except you keep refusing to give a reason why they SHOULD be denied same-sex marriage.

And, while we’re at it. If we are going to make marriage about sexuality, how can a bisexual ever find joy and happiness?

Sure, they can. They just find someone they love.

Is that why they’re installing the suicide nets under the Golden Gate Bridge?

Have you tried them out?

Actually, I had an aunt who was a lesbian. But she went through with a sham of a marriage to make her Catholic parents happy. It lasted about a year, long enough to produce one kid, and she moved back in with her parents. She was actually pretty miserable and made her kid miserable.

No, you get married to gain certain legal protections. Gays should have the same access to those protections as straights.

Now, are there people who get married for non-romantic or non-sexual reasons? I guess. But those marriages are considered fraudulent. In fact, they might even be a crime.

Nope, but the PURSUIT of happiness is one of those American virtues. It's even in the Declaration of Independence.

Except you keep refusing to give a reason why they SHOULD be denied same-sex marriage.

Have you tried them out?
Cut all of the taxes, fees and hidden charges in half in every way and let's see where we are at in what you type. False social improvements show up in that scenario. If it stands than you are correct.

Cut all of the taxes, fees and hidden charges in half in every way and let's see where we are at in what you type. False social improvements show up in that scenario. If it stands than you are correct.

Does your doctor know you are off your meds again? Half your fucking responses have nothing to do with the post they are responding to.

Plural marriage is a separate issue. We have been all through it. To say that gays should not be able to marry their own gender until bisexual- who you do not give a rats ass about- can marry more than one person is bizarre bullshit with no basis in law.

Hey, you seem much more interested in your own happiness and nobody else’s.

Again, you brought sexuality into the whole marriage debate, not me.

The burden of proff is on you. I can't prove a negative
Ummm, no, you made the assertion full well knowing that sexuality is not a question on the marriage license. Prove me wrong bucko.

Oh, but wait, I forgot, there is no physically distinctive difference between a straight or a gay if the same sex.

Huh, anyone answering the question could be lying. How’d ya know? 🤷‍♂️

Have you tried them out?

They just have to neglect their true feeling for more than one you mean. How heartless of you Joe.

You can pursue happiness all day long, but if, for what ever reason you don’t find it, that’s not on me. Maybe try harder next time?

Marriages without romance are considered frauds? You the romance police Joe? Define romance Joe. Define Love Joe? And do you have a testing device for those? 🤷‍♂️

Hey, you seem much more interested in your own happiness and nobody else’s.

Again, you brought sexuality into the whole marriage debate, not me.
Sexuality has been the elepant in the room. The litigation centered on gender but we all know what it is about, As usual you deflect instead of actually dealing with what was said. And my happiness is not a topic for disgussion.

Forum List

Back