Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

Actually, in the case of masterpiece bakery, they were treated the same, right up until the point where they asked the bakery to make a special cake for the wedding. The bakery said they would sell then any of their pre made cakes, but they felt like making a cake especially for the wedding would be akin to them participating, thats where the trouble started.

Rather than the gay couple honoring the religious views of the baker, they decided to take them to court, which I believe the bakery won that lawsuit.
How about this: Gay couple walking into a bakery that they chose because of it's reputation for producing fine cakes. They do not know that the owner is a bigot.When it comes up that they are gay, baker refuses service. They are demeaned, humiliated and inconvenced . Damned right they sued

Last edited:
Actually, in the case of masterpiece bakery, they were treated the same, right up until the point where they asked the bakery to make a special cake for the wedding. The bakery said they would sell then any of their pre made cakes, but they felt like making a cake especially for the wedding would be akin to them participating, thats where the trouble started.

Rather than the gay couple honoring the religious views of the baker, they decided to take them to court, which I believe the bakery won that lawsuit.

The gay couple got upset, likely because they have been hearing for years, from leftist media, about how "Christians hate them" , instead of finding a bakery that could accommodate them, they took them to court to punish them for exercising their own rights. Again, who's in the wrong here? As I stated before, if it were any other business refusing a service that violated their religious beliefs, nobody would bat an eye, and most people would shrug it off and move on, but because this involved gay people, now it's different. Why? Because it's based on emotion? Just because it's a gay couple? For me to agree that it was discrimination, you'd have to prove there was hate displayed from the business toward the gay couple. Simply saying "I'm sorry, but serving you in that way would violate my beliefs" doesn't convey hate.

You would have me to believe that all business would have to serve every customer, without exception, and that they would have to give up their religious rights, or not own a business?
Stop whining!

It means exactly what you see going on right now. Roe was made into "law", and the left was happy, then that same body took roe away.

The same can happen with gay marriage. If the left uses a cotus interpretation to make gay marriage a law, another congress could use a different interpretation to repeal that law.

At least leaving it in the hands of the 14th Amnd. take it out of the hands of politicians. The 14th is rock solid, can't change it, and that means gay marriage is protected by it.
Are you fucking serious?! YOU who railed against "settled law" dare to insult our intellegince by claiming that Obergefell can't be overturned. Either you are just that stupid or you think that we are. Which would also make you stupid

Last edited:
You must not listen to progressive radio. I can assure you, that narrative is real, it's spewed on Sirius xm progress for over 6 hours a day from 2 extremely leftist hosts. It's also spoken a lot across these very forums.

Post in thread 'How Religious Freedom Became A Rightwing Assault On The Rule Of Law' How Religious Freedom Became A Rightwing Assault On The Rule Of Law

Post in thread 'How Religious Freedom Became A Rightwing Assault On The Rule Of Law' How Religious Freedom Became A Rightwing Assault On The Rule Of Law

Post in thread 'Florida School Tells "others" to leave' Zone1 - Florida School Tells "others" to leave

Post in thread 'How should non-Jews fix antisemitism?' Zone1 - How should non-Jews fix antisemitism?

Post in thread 'I Adore This Meme. That's All.' Zone1 - I Adore This Meme. That's All.

Thread 'I'm Not Sure If I Asked This Before, but How Can You Claim To Be A Christian and Be A Homophobe At The Same Time?' Zone1 - I'm Not Sure If I Asked This Before, but How Can You Claim To Be A Christian and Be A Homophobe At The Same Time?

Post in thread 'I Adore This Meme. That's All.' Zone1 - I Adore This Meme. That's All.

It's not Law. Please point to where there is law on the books making it legal?

They wouldn't act any differently, nor should they. I don't think the courts should make laws, and I don't think the federal government should make marriage laws.

So, if congress codified gay marriage into law, should they then also codify hetero marriage into law? Where does the constitution say that marriage, of any kind, is a right? Where are there laws on the books saying that the federal government has legalized hetero marriage?
I see that you worked hard on this. Too bad that you are too stupid to realized that it is all about Christian Conservatives and not about all or most Christians . You are also too stupid to understand that LGBT people are smart enough to know that. I have said before, many LGBT people are Christians and many Christian churches welcome them into their fold. Stop trying to pit gays against Christians. You do the same thing with Muslims and gays, when you are not busy pitting Muslims against Christians . You fucking people just love to sow discord and animosity when the real animosity is mostly emanating from you .

It does happen. The reason its not in the news is probably because you dont have a lot of gay people trying to go into muslim businesses asking them to participate in a gay wedding. But my comment on that was not specifically related to Muslim business, rather about the Lefts willingness to condemn Christianity for taking an anti gay stance, while completely ignoring other religions anti gay stance, as an example of how the left is just waging a war against Christianity.
Another attemp to divide by focusing on some anecdotal evidence and presenting it as reprentative of Muslim -Gay relationships in an attempt to sow discord . That really sucks

Just so assorted lurkers and PEanut Gallery onlookers know what 'Progressives' really promote, here is an article from their own media outlet gushing over Harry Hay, the sicko faggot who founded the faggot rights hoax and spent many years defending and promoting NAMBla as well, huge fan of kiddie raping as well as a card carrying commie piece of shit.

And, like Pee Pee here in this thread, as well as all the other threads where PeePee posts his sophistic drivel defending kiddie groomers and assorted sicko deviants, these 'Progressives' always studiously avoid admitting they support kiddie rapers like NAMBLA but also love promoting sexual mutilations of children, so don't roped into his bullshit attempts at legalisms and inane psychobabble. He is a sicko freak of the worst kind. You can note they never mention his support of NAMBLA, even though it was his favorite issue re 'Pride' parades, including his 'famous' sign " NAMBLA Walks With Me'.

So don't ever mistake these 'activists' pieces of shit for real humans. with any legitimate points, they're all fake and dishonest.

Last edited:
How about this: Gay couple walking into a bakery that they chose because of it's reputation for producing fine cakes. They do not know that the owner is a bigot.When it comes up that they are gay, baker refuses service. They are demeaned, humiliated and inconvenced . Damned right they sued
This is the classic Democrat line: I felt an emotion so you are responsible.

Just so assorted lurkers and PEanut Gallery onlookers know what 'Progressives' really promote, here is an article from their own media outlet gushing over Harry Hay, the sicko faggot who founded the faggot rights hoax and spent many years defending and promoting NAMBla as well, huge fan of kiddie raping as well as a card carrying commie piece of shit.

And, like Pee Pee here in this thread, as well as all the other threads where PeePee posts his sophistic drivel defending kiddie groomers and assorted sicko deviants, these 'Progressives' always studiously avoid admitting they support kiddie rapers like NAMBLA but also love promoting sexual mutilations of children, so don't roped into his bullshit attempts at legalisms and inane psychobabble. He is a sicko freak of the worst kind. You can note they never mention his support of NAMBLA, even though it was his favorite issue re 'Pride' parades, including his 'famous' sign " NAMBLA Walks With Me'.

So don't ever mistake these 'activists' pieces of shit for real humans. with any legitimate points, they're all fake and dishonest.
And MAGAts voted twice for an avowed sexual assaulter.....and will probably vote for him again if he runs.

Why is it all these right wingers are constantly thinking about gay sex? It's weird.

"all men are created equal".... it's right there in the Declaration of Independence.

And they want to ignore such documents because.....
Cause the transgenders won't stop doing drag shows every fucking place we go.

It's weird.

Obergefell is not a law. It is a ruling. Yes it may be referred to as case law,or constitutional law but that is different than lrgislation. You keep insisting that you are ok with the 14th protecting gay marriage but you don't want it to be called law. Too bad. it is what it is
It's a court decision, an accepted practice. The courts ruled that not allowing gay marriage is a violation of 14th ammendment rights, which I am fine with, but it is not law until congress passes it into law. Courts can not create law. The fact that you are here saying it is essentially law, because it's case law, is exactly why I'm opposed to it. We can't have the court making decisions, then people running around saying "it's the law!", or "it's a constitutional right", when neither of those things are true until either congress makes it a law, or the constitution is amended. Until either of those things happen, the situation is just a protection of the constitution.

The reason for codifying same sex marriage is to protect it from those who oppose it. No one is threatening opposite sex marriage
But are they not already protected by the constitution? The 14th ammendment already says that gay marriage is protected, why do we need a law that says gay marriage is protected?

There arent any and I think that even you are smart enough to know that. Each state has a law concerning marriage. A few have legislated gay marriage by including it in the law. Some state laws specify that marriage is a man and a woman, but that is not enforceable as long as Obergefell is in effect
I am not aware of any state currently that has any bans on gay marriage. Do they exist? If so, I'm certain the courts will, or already have struck those laws down.

Bullshit. You know not what you speak of. Hate crime laws provide enhanced penalties for crimes committed against a minority out of hate. It has nothing to do with excercising re;igious views
Hate crime laws in the United States are state and federal laws intended to protect against hate crimes. Although state laws vary, current statutes permit federal prosecution of hate crimes committed on the basis of a person's characteristics of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity. The U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation and campus police departments are required to collect and publish hate crime statistics.

It's from wiki, I'm not going to scour the actual hate crime bill. You know it's there, I know it's there.

Apparently you are not in tune with the progressive viewpoint, or their hatred of all things Christian and right wing. I listen to these people frequently, and how they talk every day about how all Christians, conservatives, and White people are racist, anti gay, mysoginists, that they are vile, despicable, hate filled people that want to destroy America, and democracy. This is the message drilled into their listeners heads, for 6 hours a day, every single day. I assure you, if given the chance to attack Christians, they will not hesitate.

DISCRIMINATION IS NOT RELIGIOUS FREEDOM!
RELIGIOUS FREEDOM IS NOT DISCRIMINATION!

seriously, you tell me that I haven't learned anything, but apparently you haven't learned anything. For there to be discrimination, there has to be evidence of hate, or malice toward the person you disagree with. Not every Christian hates gay people, probably most do not. They don't agree with their lifestyle, and that is perfect within their right. Businesses are allowed to set their own guidelines as to how they conduct business. Most businesses have a "right to refuse service.." sign posted somewhere on their property.

And again, most Christian business are not going to deny service to gay people anyway, unless they are asked to do something that violates their religious beliefs.

You seem to think that because someone opens a business that they should be forced into participating in the desires of everyone that walks through their door. That is not the case. The people that own those businesses have rights, just as the customers have the right to not use that business.

The owner isn't a bigot. There is no evidence that the owner hates them because they are gay. Also, why would they be demeaned and humiliated? Did the baker start making fun of them? If he simply says "I'm sorry, but my religious views prevent me from having that level of involvement in your wedding, but, feel free to browse one of our pre made cakes", I see nothing demeaning about that. At that point, the couple has a choice. They can say "OK, thank you, we will find another bakery" or they can say "we disagree with your religious freedoms and will see you in court!"

Besides, why would a gay couple even want to have someone who doesn't want to make their cake..make their cake? What happens if the baker doesn't do such a good job on that particular cake and the cake falls in, or doesnt come out quite right, or something like that? Now they get sued because the gay couple feels he intentionally did a poor job to intentionally ruin their big day. What if the baker doesn't normally carry same sex cake toppers and decorations, as was previously mentioned? Does he now have to specially order things like that?

Inconvenience is not a factor as people are inconvenienced all the time for a myriad of reasons.

Forum List

Back