Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

It's a court decision, an accepted practice. The courts ruled that not allowing gay marriage is a violation of 14th ammendment rights, which I am fine with, but it is not law until congress passes it into law. Courts can not create law. The fact that you are here saying it is essentially law, because it's case law, is exactly why I'm opposed to it. We can't have the court making decisions, then people running around saying "it's the law!", or "it's a constitutional right", when neither of those things are true until either congress makes it a law, or the constitution is amended. Until either of those things happen, the situation is just a protection of the constitution.
Give it a fucking rest, It is law and I explained why. It has the force of law. Therefore it is law. You seem to be struggling to walk a fine line between claiming to believe that the 14th supports the right to same sex marriage while, at the same time, trying to undermine it's ligitimacy and the significance of Obrgefell. You have to decide what it is that you believe, be honest and cut the inane bullshit.

Are you fucking serious?! YOU who railed against "settled law" dare to insult our intellegince by claiming that Obergefell can't be overturned. Either you are just that stupid or you think that we are. Which would also make you stupi

I see that you worked hard on this. Too bad that you are too stupid to realized that it is all about Christian Conservatives and not about all or most Christians . You are also too stupid to understand that LGBT people are smart enough to know that. I have said before, many LGBT people are Christians and many Christian churches welcome them into their fold. Stop trying to pit gays against Christians. You do the same thing with Muslims and gays, when you are not busy pitting Muslims against Christians . You fucking people just love to sow discord and animosity when the real animosity is mostly emanating from you .
You said that the Lefts claim that Christians hate gays was a myth, that it didn't exist. I just posted to prove that it is Indeed real. Leftys love to promote that Christians hate gays, there are radio programs that spew that line for hours and hours each day, and a plethora of posts here in usmb.

Yes, any church will welcome gay people into their fold, that should tell people on the left that Christians don't hate gay people, they are welcoming of them, but, there are many churches who will stop short of letting them into leadership positions.

I'm not pitting anyone against anyone, I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the left in how they only seem to attack Christians for these things, but give others, such as Muslims, a pass.

The owner isn't a bigot. There is no evidence that the owner hates them because they are gay. Also, why would they be demeaned and humiliated? Did the baker start making fun of them? If he simply says "I'm sorry, but my religious views prevent me from having that level of involvement in your wedding, but, feel free to browse one of our pre made cakes", I see nothing demeaning about that. At that point, the couple has a choice. They can say "OK, thank you, we will find another bakery" or they can say "we disagree with your religious freedoms and will see you in court!"
As I have said, it dosent matter if he "hates them" The issue is theeffect of his behavior. And yes iyt was humiliating and demeaning . The fact that you do not see that does not speak well for your level of emotional intelligence or capacity for empathy

You said that the Lefts claim that Christians hate gays was a myth, that it didn't exist. I just posted to prove that it is Indeed real. Leftys love to promote that Christians hate gays, there are radio programs that spew that line for hours and hours each day, and a plethora of posts here in usmb.

Yes, any church will welcome gay people into their fold, that should tell people on the left that Christians don't hate gay people, they are welcoming of them, but, there are many churches who will stop short of letting them into leadership positions.

I'm not pitting anyone against anyone, I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the left in how they only seem to attack Christians for these things, but give others, such as Muslims, a pass.
Just more bullshit!

Another attemp to divide by focusing on some anecdotal evidence and presenting it as reprentative of Muslim -Gay relationships in an attempt to sow discord . That really sucks

I'm not trying to sow discord lol. You said you were not aware of any Muslim businesses turning away gay people, I showed you a video of it.

Give it a fucking rest, It is law and I explained why. It has the force of law. Therefore it is law. You seem to be struggling to walk a fine line between claiming to believe that the 14th supports the right to same sex marriage while, at the same time, trying to undermine it's ligitimacy and the significance of Obrgefell. You have to decide what it is that you believe, be honest and cut the inane bullshit.
Ok, the court overturned roe, so that means it is now law that abortion is a states rights issue?

seriously, you tell me that I haven't learned anything, but apparently you haven't learned anything. For there to be discrimination, there has to be evidence of hate, or malice toward the person you disagree with. Not every Christian hates gay people, probably most do not. They don't agree with their lifestyle, and that is perfect within their right. Businesses are allowed to set their own guidelines as to how they conduct business. Most businesses have a "right to refuse service.." sign posted somewhere on their property.
Bullshit! The only evidence needed, when a law against discrimination is in effect, is that a person was treated differently from others because they are a minority. Stop trying so hard to convince me that you are stupid. I get it.

No jackass I did not sat that . I said that some conservitive Christians reject gays and work to undermine gay rights. Is it possible that you are too dense to see the difference?
The narative that Christians hate gays-and that gays hate christians is the crap emanating from you people who constantly work to divide people

So, in your own words, the narrative of Christians hating gays is just "crap emanating..." did I misunderstanding your meaning in that?

As I have said, it dosent matter if he "hates them" The issue is theeffect of his behavior. And yes iyt was humiliating and demeaning . The fact that you do not see that does not speak well for your level of emotional intelligence or capacity for empathy
I have empathy, but when they decided to take this to court to sue the guy for simply exercising his own civil rights, I tend to not be so empathetic.

You seem misunderstand me. I am not arguing against gay rights, I'm arguing FOR religious freedom. I'm sorry, I don't see it as discrimination. Unless that baker said something like "I don't serve your kind here, you disgust me and should be ashamed of yourselves", ya know, hate....malice.

It's kinda like one of the right leaning radio hosts I listen to, has a phrase: "your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you" - Andrew Wilkow

Ok, the court overturned roe, so that means it is now law that abortion is a states rights issue?
According to the SCOTUS, yes. So what exactlyu is your point?
Only the baker knows. All we know is, he felt that lending his services specifically for a gay wedding would be the same as him being a part of that wedding.
Too fucking bad. Get another job where he does not have to serve the pubic or educate himeself on the real meaning of reigious liberty

Bullshit! The only evidence needed, when a law against discrimination is in effect, is that a person was treated differently from others because they are a minority. Stop trying so hard to convince me that you are stupid. I get it.
Ok.......so....if I understand you correctly, you are saying that, if a person is not willing to violate his own moral beliefs...if he is unwilling to provide all people access to his service based on PA laws, regardless of their own beliefs, rules of operation, or any of that, then he should not go into business? Is that what I'm to understand, because you already kind of said that in another post. I just want to be clear that is your stance.

Too fucking bad. Get another job where he does not have to serve the pubic or educate himeself on the real meaning of reigious liberty

Well, at least you're consistent, I'll give you that. However, is disagree, it is NOT law. The whole point of scotus overturning roe was because they felt that the court didn't have the power to make that decision, or to make law, and therefore returned the decision back to the States, where it belongs.

And MAGAts voted twice for an avowed sexual assaulter.....and will probably vote for him again if he runs.

You're a sicko loon. Now run along and snivel to the FBI, it's time for your daily reports and I'm sure they they can't wait to read your stupid ongoing screeds.

You seem misunderstand me. I am not arguing against gay rights, I'm arguing FOR religious freedom. I'm sorry, I don't see it as discrimination. Unless that baker said something like "I don't serve your kind here, you disgust me and should be ashamed of yourselves", ya know, hate....malice.
You claim to be in favor of gay rights while using a perverted interpretation of relious rights to excuse discrimination. In addition, you claim to believe that gay marriage is constitionally protectd but have a problem with laws that enforce those protections.

You're a sicko loon. Now run along and snivel to the FBI, it's time for your daily reports and I'm sure they they can't wait to read your stupid ongoing screeds.
1665076273083.png

You claim to be in favor of gay rights while using a perverted interpretation of relious rights to excuse discrimination. In addition, you claim to believe that gay marriage is constitionally protectd but have a problem with laws that enforce those protections.
Again, I don't think it fits the description of discrimination. You seem to think that all exclusion, for any reason is discrimination. People are excluded from things all the time for various reasons. We don't start claiming discrimination unless it was for with hate and malice, for the explicit reason of just because they don't like the person, or their attributes.

I say gay marriage is already protected by the 14th A, and that I don't think the courts should be in the business of making laws.

Again, do you think all businesses should have to provide their service to everyone, regardless of their own beliefs and rules, and if they can't do that, then they shouldn't be in business?

Again, I don't think it fits the description of discrimination. You seem to think that all exclusion, for any reason is discrimination. People are excluded from things all the time for various reasons. We don't start claiming discrimination unless it was for with hate and malice, for the explicit reason of just because they don't like the person, or their attributes.

I say gay marriage is already protected by the 14th A, and that I don't think the courts should be in the business of making laws.

Again, do you think all businesses should have to provide their service to everyone, regardless of their own beliefs and rules, and if they can't do that, then they shouldn't be in business?
Again, you are living in an alternative reality where you think that you can just keep making shit up and be believed. It doesn’t matter that you don’t think that it’s discrimination. State laws consider it discrimination when someone is refused service or otherwise excluded from a place of public accommodation based on gender, race, religion, national origin and in some cases SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

And no, I did not say that being excluded for any reason is discrimination, and yes people are excluded for various reasons all the time . If I don’t hire someone to work on my house for whatever reason, that is not discrimination and if it is someone who is obviously a member of one of the aforementioned groups, they would have to show that it was because of that membership and not because their quote was too high. To compare excluding someone for personal or business reasons to overtly doing so because of who or what a person is, is just plain stupid....and dishonest.

And your contention that it has to be based on “hate and malice” for it to be discrimination is just more of your made up bullshit. The only thing that matters is the ACT OF DISCRIMINATION and the only motive that must be proven is that the discrimination took place because that victim is a member of a protected minority.

Now on marriage. You keep saying that gay marriage is protected by the 14th and it is but only because the Obergefell decision carries the FORCE OF LAW as the result of CASE LAW. Yet you keep blathering about how the courts should not be “making law” while offering no explanation as to how, exactly same sex marriage is protected if the courts cannot “make law” in this manner. And you seem to be totally unable to grasp the difference between a situation where the courts make law by interpreting-or in the case of gay marriage-striking down a law, as opposed to legislation that actually creates a law, the latter of which you also oppose.

Getting back to discrimination you are consistently “all in” on protected the made up rights of someone who wishes to exclude another because of their minority status, based on a warped and perverted understanding of religious freedom, while brushing off the real and tangible harm being done to the victim of discrimination. This all adds up to overwhelming evidence that you are totally FULL OF SHIT when you claim to support gay rights and marriage equality. The only thing that I don’t know if your are so stupid that you do not realize how glaringly obvious you bullshit is, or, if you are just playing some sick game here, maybe thinking that those who read your crap are stupid enough to believe it.

Now a question: Christians have historically used religious beliefs to justify racial segregation and even slavery. Some still hold those views but these days they mostly keep it to themselves, What would you say if a Christian restaurant owner established a separate section for black patrons, or excluded them all together? Would that be justifiable, or would it be illegal discrimination. I can’t wait for your answer.

Last edited:
Again, you are living in an alternative reality where you think that you can just keep making shit up and be believed. It doesn’t matter that you don’t think that it’s discrimination. State laws consider it discrimination when someone is refused service or otherwise excluded from a place of public accommodation based on gender, race, religion, national origin and in some cases SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

And no, I did not say that being excluded for any reason is discrimination, and yes people are excluded for various reasons all the time . If I don’t hire someone to work on my house for whatever reason, that is not discrimination and if it is someone who is obviously a member of one of the aforementioned groups, they would have to show that it was because of that membership and not because their quote was too high. To compare excluding someone for personal or business reasons to overtly doing so because of who or what a person is, is just plain stupid....and dishonest.

And your contention that it has to be based on “hate and malice” for it to be discrimination is just more of your made up bullshit. The only thing that matters is the ACT OF DISCRIMINATION and the only motive that must be proven is that the discrimination took place because that victim is a member of a protected minority.

Now on marriage. You keep saying that gay marriage is protected by the 14th and it is but only because the Obergefell decision carries the FORCE OF LAW as the result of CASE LAW. Yet you keep blathering about how the courts should not be “making law” while offering no explanation as to how, exactly same sex marriage is protected if the courts cannot “make law” in this manner. And you seem to be totally unable to grasp the difference between a situation where the courts make law by interpreting-or in the case of gay marriage-striking down a law, as opposed to legislation that actually creates a law, the latter of which you also oppose.

Getting back to discrimination you are consistently “all in” on protected the made up rights of someone who wishes to exclude another because of their minority status, based on a warped and perverted understanding of religious freedom, while brushing off the real and tangible harm being done to the victim of discrimination. This all adds up to overwhelming evidence that you are totally FULL OF SHIT when you claim to support gay rights and marriage equality. The only thing that I don’t know if your are so stupid that you do not realize how glaringly obvious you bullshit is, or, if you are just playing some sick game here, maybe thinking that those who read your crap are stupid enough to believe it.

Now a question: Christians have historically used religious beliefs to justify racial segregation and even slavery. Some still hold those views but these days they mostly keep it to themselves, What would you say if a Christian restaurant owner established a separate section for black patrons, or excluded them all together? Would that be justifiable, or would it be illegal discrimination. I can’t wait for your answer.
State laws consider it discrimination when someone is refused service or otherwise excluded from a place of public accommodation based on gender, race, religion, national origin and in some cases SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

Ok, so you don't believe people have a right to exercise religious freedom in their business practices. Got it. In your opinion, someone can negate your civil rights and force their lifestyle on you. In the case of the bakery, you feel that if someone asks you to participate in their gay wedding by demanding you bake a cake specifically for that event, you have zero recourse but to comply, compromise your own values in order to accommodate other, and on top of that, if you somehow mess up the cake, they can file a complaint against you because you "purposely made the cake bad because you didn't want to participate in the wedding". I know you think it wouldn't happen, but make gay marriage law and you'll see the wolves come out for blood.

If I don’t hire someone to work on my house for whatever reason, that is not discrimination and if it is someone who is obviously a member of one of the aforementioned groups, they would have to show that it was because of that membership and not because their quote was too high.

How convenient. So a business is considered discriminatory for exercising religious beliefs, but you could deny a that same person a contract to work on your house, and somehow, that's just not discrimination!

while offering no explanation as to how, exactly same sex marriage is protected if the courts cannot “make law” in this manner.

Gay marriage is already protected by the 14th A......

Tell you what...where are the laws that state gun ownership is legal? I see a lot of laws trying to put restrictions on guns, but I don't see any federal laws on the books that state it is legal to own a gun. Why not? Why are there no laws on the books that tell me it's legal for me to own a gun?

What would you say if a Christian restaurant owner established a separate section for black patrons, or excluded them all together? Would that be justifiable, or would it be illegal discrimination.

So, what tennants of Christian faith state that one cannot be associated with black people, or serve black people? I'm no Christian historian so I'll take your word for it on the aforementioned justifications. From my knowledge, there are no Christian laws or commandments to disassociate with anyone based on their skin color, race, or sexual orientation. So, if a Christian took any stance like the ones you mentioned and used their religion as a justification for it, then I'd say they are wrong, because Christianity, according to what I know of it, doesn't teach those things.

You're trying to use a non existent hypothetical to put me in a corner, but sorry, there are no Christian laws that state one has to refuse black people. There are biblical writings that do address homosexuality, and even then, it doesn't state that you have to refuse association with them, it just says not to do it. Some Christians believe that lending their talents to a gay wedding would be akin to then participating and sanctioning the event.

As was the case with masterpiece, they offered to sell them a cake, just not bake one specifically for the wedding. They didn't ridicule them, or anything derogatory toward them. They just said they couldn't comply because of their views, and again, if I recall correctly, the courts ended up agreeing with then.

Also, you do realize that there are organizations that have limited accessability,, or outright bans on white people, and none of you leftys are making waves about that. Again, it's just the white Christian conservative. That's your target...GET EM! be damned about the other discrimination going on....we just won't look at those....

Last edited:
So, what tennants of Christian faith state that one cannot be associated with black people, or serve black people? I'm no Christian historian so I'll take your word for it on the aforementioned justifications. From my knowledge, there are no Christian laws or commandments to disassociate with anyone based on their skin color, race, or sexual orientation. So, if a Christian took any stance like the ones you mentioned and used their religion as a justification for it, then I'd say they are wrong, because Christianity, according to what I know of it, doesn't teach those things.

So why are they wrong, when, according to you, those who use Cristianity to justify discrimination against gays are right? You have some deep thinking to do, if you are able

Forum List

Back