Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

You just said that you could refuse to hire someone in the afore mentioned group, and they would have to PROVE is was because of their status.

I mean, I really don't even understand the point of including that whole paragraph in your reply, except that you intended for it to be a point of contention. It has almost no relevance to the topic at hand.
Are you playing stupid?? You're saying that you are unable to differentiate between discrimination and legitimate choices as to who you do business with? Seriously

However, since you are so fond of our courts being able to make law, if this conservative scotus ever creates a law banning gay marriage (as those on the left fear they are trying to do), I'll be totally against it, but I expect you better not complain about it, because this is what you want.
STILL playing stupid! You really do not seem to understnd how things work. SCOTUS will not create a law to ban gay marriage. They will just step asside and allow the states to do the dirty work. I don't believe that I really had to explain that to you.

This article doesn't prove anything...a guy wrote a book and gives his opinion, he talks about the pushback of crt, then he goes into the history of Methodists and sbc. Again, racism can be found in all kinds of placed, but the Bible does not teach racial segregation. I'm sure you can scour the internet and find all kinds of articles and opinion pieces of people talking about racism in Christian people, but none of them can point to the Bible and show where it teaches that you should treat people differently because of their skin. The Bible I've understood instructs us to love everyone, without qualification.
WAIT! WHAT???? I do not know or care wht the bible teaches. I do know that historically, there have been those who justified their racism on Christian teachings, and that continues to the present day:

The Christian Identity Movement is a name that applies to a variety of different religious cults all identified by racist, anti-Semitic principles. These cults are typically found among radically anti-government, extremist, right-wing groups and “survival groups.” Christian Identity cults are connected by various unbiblical theological similarities, mostly centered on a white supremacist mindset that seeks to replace national Israel with British or American whites as the chosen people of God. This racist theology is followed by over 50,000 people in the United States. The largest Christian Identity Movement group is the infamous Ku Klux Klan.
So I will ask you again. I someone wishes to exclude black people from his bisiness because of religious bliefs , just like they have done to gays, should they be allowed to do so? Yes or no? Don't be such a coward

You are doing these what if questions, and going into these hypothetical scenarios that don't exist, have no biblical basis, or any context as to what the Bible would say, or any reference as to why the bible would require seperation from black people, in an attempt to try to paint me as a racist. Youre pulling the "no win" scenario, I see your game.
Not trying to paint you as a racist. I just want to see how hypocritical you actually are . Again, it matters little what your bible actually says. The fact is that people read into it what they want it to say to justify bigotry. They do it to gays and they do it to blacks

The Bible does not teach you to hate gay people, or refrain from associating with them, it just says not to participate in homosexual activities, therefore it would stand to reason that the bible would never require you to disassociate yourself from a person because they were black. Now, if the person was black and were engaged in something the Bible considers to be a sin, then yes, you would not participate in that function, but not because they were black, but because they were engaged in a sin.
Just as I suspected, you are a hypocrite. You gleen what suits you from the bible. You can't easily get away with racism anymore but gays are still fair game so, according to you and others the bible requires you to discriminate against gays but not blacks! Fucking rediculous!

STILL playing stupid! You really do not seem to understnd how things work. SCOTUS will not create a law to ban gay marriage. They will just step asside and allow the states to do the dirty work. I don't believe that I really had to explain that to you.
I know they won't, but that doesn't stop some of these progressive talk shows from spinning that lie. Even still, if the reverse obergefell and turn the decision to states rights, that will be "law" according to you, correct? You will accept this? You will accept that that is now the law?

WAIT! WHAT???? I do not know or care wht the bible teaches. I do know that historically, there have been those who justified their racism on Christian teachings, and that continues to the present day:

So I will ask you again. I someone wishes to exclude black people from his bisiness because of religious bliefs , just like they have done to gays, should they be allowed to do so? Yes or no? Don't be such a coward
Show me IN THE BIBLE where it advocates discrimination. I don't care what some people claim religion justifies them to do, they are wrong if they are advocating for discrimination because the Bible told them so. It doesn't teach that.

Even still, if the reverse obergefell and turn the decision to states rights, that will be "law" according to you, correct? You will accept this? You will accept that that is now the law?
No I will not accept it and it will not be law. It will be SCOTUS abdication their responsabilty by reversing case law (Obergefell) and allowing the states to again discriminate

Not trying to paint you as a racist. I just want to see how hypocritical you actually are . Again, it matters little what your bible actually says. The fact is that people read into it what they want it to say to justify bigotry. They do it to gays and they do it to blacks
I don't care what your opinion of me is, there is nothing hypocritical about my statement. I've said before, people will say all kinds of things to justify their actions, when it comes to religion, what matters is what they religion actually teaches.

Christianity does not teach hatred of anyone, but does teach not to partake in certain actions.

It's the same concept of if someone is an alcoholic. You can dislike the fact that they drink too much without hating the person themselves. The only reason it's different in your head is because:

1) there are feelings involved. Emotions

2) it's a club in which you can beat your opponents over the head with.

It's possible to dislike traits of a person or things they do, without hating the person themselves.

Just as I suspected, you are a hypocrite. You gleen what suits you from the bible. You can't easily get away with racism anymore but gays are still fair game so, according to you and others the bible requires you to discriminate against gays but not blacks! Fucking rediculous!
I think you are just reading what you want into my posts.

Im sorry you didnt get the "gotcha" answer you were looking for, but it was a bullshit question. I didn't glean what suits me from the bible, I merely stated what the bible actually says. You're asking a question based on something that isn't taught in the Bible.

You seem not to be able to separate that the Bible simply doesn't want you to partake in certain things, but that in no way imparts hate. In your version of this, there is no room for error, that every interaction between a one group to another could be viewed as discrimination.

In your version, every negative interaction between a black person and a white person could be viewed as discrimination.

Prostitution is legal in Nevada, so, if a gay woman goes up to a straight woman for solicitation, and then straight woman says "no, sorry, I'm not gay, I only have sex with men", is she now discriminating? Will be be sued in court because she didn't have gay sex?

Tell you what, since you like to ask these no win questions, I have one of my own:

If blacks discriminating against Whites was the only way to achieve racial equity, would you support it?

Don't be a coward! Answer the question!

I do not read the bible. I just know -and have documented-what some people believe it says.
Ok, show me then what they claim the bible says about discrimination. Perhaps they have references to passages they believe covers the subject. I'd be interested in seeing where they are getting that,.incorrect, belief from.

No I will not accept it and it will not be law. It will be SCOTUS abdication their responsabilty by reversing case law (Obergefell) and allowing the states to again discriminate
!!!! We just spent...3 days..and how many pages of you telling me that if the courts make a decision, that ITS LAW, or case law, or whatever, you said "it has the force of law, and therefore is law", I even recall you saying in one post something to thr effect if "its law, fucking get over it!", now it's "abdication"?

You said if the courts say it, it's law, those are YOUR WORDS, don't back out on me now.

-------------------------------------
I just knew it would come up soon.
You think that's bad? The Bible says to stone men who lay with men to death. I didn't make the rules, madam, but I know what they are.

!!!! We just spent...3 days..and how many pages of you telling me that if the courts make a decision, that ITS LAW, or case law, or whatever, you said "it has the force of law, and therefore is law", I even recall you saying in one post something to thr effect if "its law, fucking get over it!", now it's "abdication"?

You said if the courts say it, it's law, those are YOUR WORDS, don't back out on me now.
Kid, you really need to try to understand things better. The Obergefell decision established a case law precident that carries the force of law. To overturn it would be the equivalent of of repealing a law. You are either really dense or you're just playing a sick game where you think you can get over with word games

Forum List

Back