Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

You're trying to use a non existent hypothetical to put me in a corner, but sorry, there are no Christian laws that state one has to refuse black people. There are biblical writings that do address homosexuality, and even then, it doesn't state that you have to refuse association with them, it just says not to do it. Some Christians believe that lending their talents to a gay wedding would be akin to then participating and sanctioning the event.

As was the case with masterpiece, they offered to sell them a cake, just not bake one specifically for the wedding. They didn't ridicule them, or anything derogatory toward them. They just said they couldn't comply because of their views, and again, if I recall correctly, the courts ended up agreeing with then.
They discriminated! Get the fuck over it!

Also, you do realize that there are organizations that have limited accessability,, or outright bans on white people, and none of you leftys are making waves about that. Again, it's just the white Christian conservative. That's your target...GET EM! be damned about the other discrimination going on....we just won't look at those....
I have no fucking idea what you are talking about here but if that is the case then the same rules would apply as far as I am concerned. Most would agree

Ok, so you don't believe people have a right to exercise religious freedom in their business practices. Got it. In your opinion, someone can negate your civil rights and force their lifestyle on you. In the case of the bakery, you feel that if someone asks you to participate in their gay wedding by demanding you bake a cake specifically for that event, you have zero recourse but to comply, compromise your own values in order to accommodate other, and on top of that, if you somehow mess up the cake, they can file a complaint against you because you "purposely made the cake bad because you didn't want to participate in the wedding".
You might have heard that the definition of insanity to to keep doing that same thing over and over again and expecting a different out come. Here you are repeating the same thing over and over again expecting to me to buy into your bullshit after I destroyed you on that point. Your definition of discrimination does not matter. The law is what matters . Your made up, bastardized version of religious freedome crap does not trump the real harm inflicted by discrimination

How convenient. So a business is considered discriminatory for exercising religious beliefs, but you could deny a that same person a contract to work on your house, and somehow, that's just not discrimination!
What the fuck is so hard to understand about that? My choice of contractors is not based on that persons membership in a minority group or my religious beliefs. How stupid are you anyway?

So why are they wrong, when, according to you, those who use Cristianity to justify discrimination against gays are right? You have some deep thinking to do, if you are able
Ok...daily beast first of all....

Beyond that, show me a school today that has its charter that says blacks cannot attend. I'm pretty confident there are no schools with such charters.

Beyond even that, that doesn't, in any way suggest that the Christian faith condones that kind of thought, and furthermore, there was nothing in that article, other than speculation, that stated those schools were segregated because of race, or that they used their faith to justify a segregated school.

I'm not denying racism exists, I'm saying that the Christian faith, as far as I'm aware, doesn't teach it. Last I recall, the Bible says we are to love everyone, no qualifications in that statement at all.

Gay marriage is already protected by the 14th A......
We have been all through that . More exidence of insanity by repeating the same shit overe and over again. You still have not answered the question: If you do not reccognise the validity of Law and Case binding precidence -how the fuck is- in your mind- gay marriage protected? And I will add that you remain opposed to legislation that would codify same sex marriage despite that fact that Obergefell could be overtutrned /. You are just so full of shit!

Tell you what...where are the laws that state gun ownership is legal? I see a lot of laws trying to put restrictions on guns, but I don't see any federal laws on the books that state it is legal to own a gun. Why not? Why are there no laws on the books that tell me it's legal for me to own a gun?
I am not getting into that shit, You ar tossiing out a red herring because you have lost on the marriage and discrimination agument and now you want to change the subjct

You might have heard that the definition of insanity to to keep doing that same thing over and over again and expecting a different out come. Here you are repeating the same thing over and over again expecting to me to buy into your bullshit after I destroyed you on that point. Your definition of discrimination does not matter. The law is what matters . Your made up, bastardized version of religious freedome crap does not trump the real harm inflicted by discrimination
Again..we could go round and round about this. I think there is a difference, because of what I have stated. You disagree, that's fine. We're not going to get anywhere on this. I'll just leave it at this. I agree that it's wrong to hate any group because of their attributes, no doubt, but I also believe you can't force anyone to violate their sincerely held religious beliefs.

For christ fucking sake... no one is violating their civil rights or their religous freedom. If you have a business that is open to the public, everyone who walks through the doors sholuld be treated the same. If you can't do yhat, find another line of work. No one has the right to discrimiante for any reason .Get fucking real!
Everyone has the right to discriminate for any reason.

What the fuck is so hard to understand about that? My choice of contractors is not based on that persons membership in a minority group or my religious beliefs. How stupid are you anyway?
You just said that you could refuse to hire someone in the afore mentioned group, and they would have to PROVE is was because of their status.

I mean, I really don't even understand the point of including that whole paragraph in your reply, except that you intended for it to be a point of contention. It has almost no relevance to the topic at hand.

Beyond that, show me a school today that has its charter that says blacks cannot attend. I'm pretty confident there are no schools with such charters.

Beyond even that, that doesn't, in any way suggest that the Christian faith condones that kind of thought, and furthermore, there was nothing in that article, other than speculation, that stated those schools were segregated because of race, or that they used their faith to justify a segregated school.

I'm not denying racism exists, I'm saying that the Christian faith, as far as I'm aware, doesn't teach it. Last I recall, the Bible says we are to love everyone, no qualifications in that statement at all.

You have your head way up your ass. As far as I'm aware, you are not aware of very much. Stop trying to avoid the question. If a christian engaged in racical discrimination based on their Christin faith, would you support it in the same that you support discrimination against gays? Answer the question and stop being a fucking coward.

You just said that you could refuse to hire someone in the afore mentioned group, and they would have to PROVE is was because of their status.

I mean, I really don't even understand the point of including that whole paragraph in your reply, except that you intended for it to be a point of contention. It has almost no relevance to the topic at hand.
The fact that you don't understand it is not my problem

We have been all through that . More exidence of insanity by repeating the same shit overe and over again. You still have not answered the question: If you do not reccognise the validity of Law and Case binding precidence -how the fuck is- in your mind- gay marriage protected? And I will add that you remain opposed to legislation that would codify same sex marriage despite that fact that Obergefell could be overtutrned /. You are just so full of shit!
Ok fine, I guess cotus already says you can't discriminate against gay marriage so we need to make a law that says you can't discriminate against gay marriage. BTW, in the dictionary, under redundant, it says "see reduntant"....

However, since you are so fond of our courts being able to make law, if this conservative scotus ever creates a law banning gay marriage (as those on the left fear they are trying to do), I'll be totally against it, but I expect you better not complain about it, because this is what you want.

Same if the court rules that gun owners should enjoy national reciprocity, and no state can deny someone the right to bear arms, across state lines, then just remember, this is the way you wanted it.

I am not getting into that shit, You ar tossiing out a red herring because you have lost on the marriage and discrimination agument and now you want to change the subjct
I'm not changing the subject. I'm pointing out that there are no laws stating that it's legal to own a gun, because the cotus already makes that clear........

This article doesn't prove anything...a guy wrote a book and gives his opinion, he talks about the pushback of crt, then he goes into the history of Methodists and sbc. Again, racism can be found in all kinds of placed, but the Bible does not teach racial segregation. I'm sure you can scour the internet and find all kinds of articles and opinion pieces of people talking about racism in Christian people, but none of them can point to the Bible and show where it teaches that you should treat people differently because of their skin. The Bible I've understood instructs us to love everyone, without qualification.

I have no fucking idea what you are talking about here but if that is the case then the same rules would apply as far as I am concerned. Most would agree
Apparently not, because you know, ya don't see liberals talking about it...

Congressional black caucus, Whites need not apply. One white Democrat tried and was rejected, because he is white. And this is in our very congress. But it's OK, because ya know, let's not talk about it.

Naacp, which does, on occasion, represent white people, but it's a very slim chance, because most of their cases exclusively deal with racial discrimination, and guess what, according to the left, white people can't be discriminated against....limited access.

Hbcu's. Again, while you can get in if you are white, it is a rarity, and in some cases, you are looked down on if you are white attending an hbcu.

Off campus UC Berkeley bans white people from commo areas. .

Now, these are not businesses, I know, but it's an example of how there can be organizations that are either anti white, or place favor on other groups, and nobody on the left ever talks about it, but they most certainly make a huge deal out of it if a baker doesn't want to participate in a gay wedding.

Also, if you replaced ANY of the above organizations with one's that were white only, there would be chaos rampant.

You have your head way up your ass. As far as I'm aware, you are not aware of very much. Stop trying to avoid the question. If a christian engaged in racical discrimination based on their Christin faith, would you support it in the same that you support discrimination against gays? Answer the question and stop being a fucking coward.
You are doing these what if questions, and going into these hypothetical scenarios that don't exist, have no biblical basis, or any context as to what the Bible would say, or any reference as to why the bible would require seperation from black people, in an attempt to try to paint me as a racist. Youre pulling the "no win" scenario, I see your game.

The Bible does not teach you to hate gay people, or refrain from associating with them, it just says not to participate in homosexual activities, therefore it would stand to reason that the bible would never require you to disassociate yourself from a person because they were black. Now, if the person was black and were engaged in something the Bible considers to be a sin, then yes, you would not participate in that function, but not because they were black, but because they were engaged in a sin.

I'll tell you like this, I am against discrimination, completely, but I also support religious freedom completely.

Forum List

Back