Debate Now Is it Ethical to put Pineapple on Pizza?

Ever had drive in theater pizza?....I don't know why but one of the best pizzas I ever had was at the Pickwick drive in in Burbank CA.....or maybe it was because of the girl I was with.... :wink_2:...it was a star wars movie I think...

I remember the Pickwick... I preferred Winetka, but I'd drive to Burbank for the right movie...

The thread title says it all.

Is it Ethical to put Pineapple on Pizza?

And I am not a Sour Killjoy Wokester who has to exclude people from participating in discussions, so have at it.

Yes, it is.

No, it is not.

So, there.

Well, you are just wrong....so THERE!:auiqs.jpg:

Oh Yeah?

Well, you are so wrong and I am so right.

Huh, unh, you are wrong, and I am right....so there!

In all seriousness, I am a pepperoni with extra cheese kind of pizza guy. However, as I get older, and older, my stomach can't handle the spiciness as well. So I will alternate between pepperoni and Hawaiian.

I'm all about the sauce and good dough. If you have that, just some cheese for a topping is poifeck. I put pepperoni on mr. boe's half of the pizza, but keep it plain for mine. It's so good I don't miss the meat.

And I am not a Sour Killjoy Wokester who has to exclude people from participating in discussions, so have at it.

Yes, it is.

No, it is not.

So, there.

Oh Yeah?

Nope, you are wrong and I am right.

Clearly, you do not grok the situation.

Absolutely, most definately NOT! It's like putting ketchup on hotdogs and rightly should be punishable by firing squad, lynching or beheading.

Nothing... NOTHING is like putting ketchup/catsup on hot dogs. Especially if you're over the age of 12...

In all seriousness, I am a pepperoni with extra cheese kind of pizza guy. However, as I get older, and older, my stomach can't handle the spiciness as well. So I will alternate between pepperoni and Hawaiian.

If you can find a place that does it, try that pepperoni with cashews. You'll thank me.

Holey shit, I swear to gawd you are the ONLY other person I have ever heard mention cashews on pizza! When I was a kid, like 5 or so there was a pizza joint in Long Beach CA that had cashews on the list of possible toppings. They are good on just about any pizza. Also, pepperoni, jalipeno and bacon with the cashews rocks. There is a place in Galveston's called the blue water grill who does pizza however you want it. I'll be heading there for dinner.

If you can find a place that does it, try that pepperoni with cashews. You'll thank me.

Holey shit, I swear to gawd you are the ONLY other person I have ever heard mention cashews on pizza! When I was a kid, like 5 or so there was a pizza joint in Long Beach CA that had cashews on the list of possible toppings. They are good on just about any pizza. Also, pepperoni, jalipeno and bacon with the cashews rocks. There is a place in Galveston's called the blue water grill who does pizza however you want it. I'll be heading there for dinner.

Right? At first you think... no way that works. But it's a great topping for pizza.

I had a Hawaiian take-n-bake from Papa Murphy's last week.

Nice tangy sauce with plenty of pineapple, Canadian bacon and mozzarella. It was quite ethical and delicious!

Right? At first you think... no way that works. But it's a great topping for pizza.

It even smells great. No food gos down better with cold ass beer.

Just to work the Covid House Arrest angle into the thread:

Screen-Shot-2020-07-20-at-9.04.27-AM.png

And serious serendipity on Powerline blog today!

pineapple witch.jpg

Ever had drive in theater pizza?....I don't know why but one of the best pizzas I ever had was at the Pickwick drive in in Burbank CA.....or maybe it was because of the girl I was with.... :wink_2:...it was a star wars movie I think...

Wow, my dad used to work at the Pickwick bowling alley.

That sounds like nostalgia. Weren't Drive In Movies closed and a thing of the past?

Yes, it is.

No, it is not.

So, there.

Oh Yeah?

Nope, you are wrong and I am right.

Clearly, you do not grok the situation.

Oh, I grok it just fine. It's you who have over groked it!

That sounds like nostalgia. Weren't Drive In Movies closed and a thing of the past?

No there are still a few going. Reno has one still.

I think we have one here in Tomball, and there was one in Ft. Collins Colorado over on Overland Trail by the front pond.

Any kind of fruit on pizza is nasty. What's good on pizza:

1. corn
  2. kielbasa
  3. squid
  4. salami
  5. octopus
Pizza sauce is made from fruit....

The fact that they're both fruit is actually irrelevant. Pineapple is above all sweet. Sweet surely has its place, and in that place can be quite appealing.

(appealing/fruit - see what I did there, I kill me)

However a tomato sauce/oregano/garlic environment is emphatically NOT that place. It's like I rant at the grocery store when jarred tomato sauces are infested with sugar --- "ever see anyone sit down to a meal of pasta or pizza and say 'please pass the sugar'"? No.

Well there's a reason for that. Culinary ingredients must complement, not conflict. The same reason you don't put spinach and peppers together on that pizza: one will overwhelm the other. Gotta pick one. So either have a pizza, or have something sweet. This is War --- pick a side. :D

There are a couple here in SC, but I wouldn't go here, too humid. In fact, they have just recently started with "pop-up" drive-ins here because of the COVID shit. It wouldn't surprise if, given current circumstances, drive-in theaters made a mini comeback...

California was a great place for them, I preferred them to walk in theaters. Especially when my kids were little, didn't have to worry about them disturbing the other patrons.

Nowadays, I don't go to the movies. I can't remember the last time is was in a theater.

But I do like pizza... (keeping it on topic...)

Forum List

Back