Debate Now Is it Ethical to put Pineapple on Pizza?

I never could understand the aversion to pineapple on pizza.
As long as it's a ham/canadian bacon pizza it goes great together.
How many of those who say it doesnt go together love a nice ham with pineapple?
A pork loin with pineapple?
Fruit and pork always go together!!!

Fruit and pork do go together, but not on Pizza.

The thread title says it all.

Is it Ethical to put Pineapple on Pizza?

And I am not a Sour Killjoy Wokester who has to exclude people from participating in discussions, so have at it.

USMB has a LONG history of providing spaces for "interest groups" and smaller discussions. You should KNOW THIS -- but let me refresh your memory....

This is certainly NOT the 1st time that USMB encouraged smaller community discussions.. When I got here in 2009 or so, USMB was offering "Interest Group" forums where someone could START a community based on shared interests or principles. It was hosted thru the "old" s/ware vendor as a feature.. The "Interest Groups" were in a whole different section of USMB and they were "invite only" ENTIRE FORUMS -- not just isolated threads..

These existed for at least 4 years, maybe 6 before we shut them down.. They were LARGELY "self-moderated" and the s/ware kept track of the invites and no one else could access them.. We shut them DOWN, because we lost tight couple with IT and Admin, and permissions for moderators for closing and deleting unused forums was NOT available without the Admin access that Cereal Killer had. It became a blight..

At the point at which we shut them down, Mod Staff was PUMMELED for doing it.. There was 2 week rebellion and walk - out and a bunch of bad mouthing USMB on the web for doing this. Had about 30 members temporarily or permanently leave. We BANNED a couple that were caught recruiting to "other sites"..,. Full pitchfork and lantern attacks on us...

Coyote got a "USMB medal of freedom" award for helping herd the rebels BACK to home base..
:abgg2q.jpg:

We can't win one way or the other on this.. At the time, I promised these groups a way to continue.. That's what prompted the "Invite Only" concept.. Except, it wasn't as GOOD as the semi-private groups that they had before and has been rarely used...

Then in 2016 for the election, we hosted "private" forums for each of presidential candidates.. To provide a space for members with party allegiances a "sane" place for posting candidate info and policy discussions.. We had to moderate these forums just like the "Invite Only" format.. Anyone dropping in to OPPOSE a candidate in any thread got ONE SHOT to comment, and then was required to LEAVE.. And we DID enforce this, and eventually, it became pretty popular.. Those forums are STILL archived under (IIRC) Elections forum.. And they did NOT affect the outright warring going on in Politics, Current Events or Election forums..

It aint something we just pulled out of an orifice.....
But, but, but,...

What do you like on pizza?
:dunno:

Pepperoni and fresh mushrooms please.

Canadian bacon and pineapple? Meh, maybe if I am hungry and beer'ed up.

And I am not a Sour Killjoy Wokester who has to exclude people from participating in discussions, so have at it.
Absolutely, most definately NOT! It's like putting ketchup on hotdogs and rightly should be punishable by firing squad, lynching or beheading.
Ketchup on hot dogs works! So does a lot of other things. I rather LIKE variety to spice up my life!

Absolutely, most definately NOT! It's like putting ketchup on hotdogs and rightly should be punishable by firing squad, lynching or beheading.
Ketchup on hot dogs works! So does a lot of other things. I rather LIKE variety to spice up my life!

I am not opposed to a bit of ketchup on hot dogs. I adore a good all beef frank on a steamed bun with mustard, ketchup, onions, relish and tomato slices. Chris John's in Oaktown used to serve the best hot dogs. Sadly, it is now a Burger King. Bleah.

Pineapple on pizza is something everyone universally reacts to with disgust until they try one and become Hawaiian Pizza fans. It's like peanut butter and pepperoni cookies. Put a plate on the table and they disappear. Put a bunch of different pizzas out and the Hawaiin goes fast.

Last edited:
For some reason, a lot of the students at the school where I work have a habit on pizza day of dunking their pizza in this disgusting combination of mayo and ketchup. Not just a little bit of it either, but a huge slathering dripping amount. It is truly revolting to witness.

I find no ethics in Pizza, however I refuse pineapple on my pizza, unless of course I'm drunk, it's 3 AM and that's what the place has left.

Ah, I see that for you, Pizza is purely a Pragmatic Experience.

At 3 AM and on the downslope to a massive hangover any food is pragmatic.

I find no ethics in Pizza, however I refuse pineapple on my pizza, unless of course I'm drunk, it's 3 AM and that's what the place has left.

Indeed. Back in the days when I partied to such excess, I preferred buttermilk pancakes and sausages as the remedy.

As long as it's not over sauced it's great!!
The key is to make sure you put enough ham on it so the salty complements the sweet.

Indeed. Back in the days when I partied to such excess, I preferred buttermilk pancakes and sausages as the remedy.

My preferred remedies are one of two things:

1. An omlette with ham, sausage, bacon, cheese, side of hash browns
2. A full Irish Breakfast, extra black pudding.

Both smothered in a combination of Chef's Sauce and Hot Sauce.

As long as it's not over sauced it's great!!
The key is to make sure you put enough ham on it so the salty complements the sweet.

That is the basic principal for all good cooking: balancing the ingredients so that one doesn't overwhelm the rest.

For some reason, a lot of the students at the school where I work have a habit on pizza day of dunking their pizza in this disgusting combination of mayo and ketchup. Not just a little bit of it either, but a huge slathering dripping amount. It is truly revolting to witness.
Freaked me out the first time I saw folks devouring pizza with mayo in Lithuania.

I am not opposed to a bit of ketchup on hot dogs. I adore a good all beef frank on a steamed bun with mustard, ketchup, onions, relish and tomato slices. Chris John's in Oaktown used to serve the best hot dogs. Sadly, it is now a Burger King. Bleah.
Personally, I love mountains of chopped onion with course chopped relish on my dogs with a very spicy brown mustard full of seed.

In all seriousness, I am a pepperoni with extra cheese kind of pizza guy. However, as I get older, and older, my stomach can't handle the spiciness as well. So I will alternate between pepperoni and Hawaiian.

In all seriousness, I am a pepperoni with extra cheese kind of pizza guy. However, as I get older, and older, my stomach can't handle the spiciness as well. So I will alternate between pepperoni and Hawaiian.

If you can find a place that does it, try that pepperoni with cashews. You'll thank me.

As long as we are on the ethics of pizza, how about frozen? Is it ethical to freeze a pizza?

I love a Lotzza Mozza...
Untitled-13-01_medium.png
Had one last night with all this pizza talk.

Forum List

Back