Debate Now Is it Ethical to put Pineapple on Pizza?

The thread title says it all.

Is it Ethical to put Pineapple on Pizza?

And I am not a Sour Killjoy Wokester who has to exclude people from participating in discussions, so have at it.

I am normally not a supporter of capital punishment ... but, I believe THIS fully justifies the harshest penalty that society can inflict on true evil.

hawaiian-pineapple-pizza.jpg

And I am not a Sour Killjoy Wokester who has to exclude people from participating in discussions, so have at it.

USMB has a LONG history of providing spaces for "interest groups" and smaller discussions. You should KNOW THIS -- but let me refresh your memory....

This is certainly NOT the 1st time that USMB encouraged smaller community discussions.. When I got here in 2009 or so, USMB was offering "Interest Group" forums where someone could START a community based on shared interests or principles. It was hosted thru the "old" s/ware vendor as a feature.. The "Interest Groups" were in a whole different section of USMB and they were "invite only" ENTIRE FORUMS -- not just isolated threads..

These existed for at least 4 years, maybe 6 before we shut them down.. They were LARGELY "self-moderated" and the s/ware kept track of the invites and no one else could access them.. We shut them DOWN, because we lost tight couple with IT and Admin, and permissions for moderators for closing and deleting unused forums was NOT available without the Admin access that Cereal Killer had. It became a blight..

At the point at which we shut them down, Mod Staff was PUMMELED for doing it.. There was 2 week rebellion and walk - out and a bunch of bad mouthing USMB on the web for doing this. Had about 30 members temporarily or permanently leave. We BANNED a couple that were caught recruiting to "other sites"..,. Full pitchfork and lantern attacks on us...

Coyote got a "USMB medal of freedom" award for helping herd the rebels BACK to home base..
:abgg2q.jpg:

We can't win one way or the other on this.. At the time, I promised these groups a way to continue.. That's what prompted the "Invite Only" concept.. Except, it wasn't as GOOD as the semi-private groups that they had before and has been rarely used...

Then in 2016 for the election, we hosted "private" forums for each of presidential candidates.. To provide a space for members with party allegiances a "sane" place for posting candidate info and policy discussions.. We had to moderate these forums just like the "Invite Only" format.. Anyone dropping in to OPPOSE a candidate in any thread got ONE SHOT to comment, and then was required to LEAVE.. And we DID enforce this, and eventually, it became pretty popular.. Those forums are STILL archived under (IIRC) Elections forum.. And they did NOT affect the outright warring going on in Politics, Current Events or Election forums..

It aint something we just pulled out of an orifice.....
Interesting. I don't remember any of those forums. I do remember when we managed to get the Hannity forums to give us the Darthcave.

It drove the liberals so out of their skulls they devoted a full two years to infiltrate us. Managed to succeed too.

Oh well. In truth, the best way to have a private forum is to host it elsewhere anyway.

I am normally not a supporter of capital punishment ... but, I believe THIS fully justifies the harshest penalty that society can inflict on true evil.

View attachment 366649
You sir, are dead to Me!

It is even worse than an ice cube in good scotch!

I am a fan of on the rocks, however I want my rocks on the side to control the level of dilution.

Since Scotch in a bottle is already diluted from Cask strength, I always wonder why some people freak out about a little more dilution and some chilling.

I never could understand the aversion to pineapple on pizza.
As long as it's a ham/canadian bacon pizza it goes great together.
How many of those who say it doesnt go together love a nice ham with pineapple?
A pork loin with pineapple?
Fruit and pork always go together!!!

I first had a Hawaiian pizza at a place called Stuft Pizza. I immediately fell in love with it. A delicious blend of ham, pineapple and cheese. If eating pizza with pineapple is wrong, I don't ever want to be right. You'll have to pry it from my dead, sweet and sticky hands.

Never ever ever put pineapple on a pizza....and white sauce either...and if you ask me if a pizza doesn't have pepperoni and or sausage on it...its not a pizza....
I thought the same way until I had a Marco's chicken pizza awhile back. It was amazing.
Pineapple isn't bad with good Canadian bacon, occasionally....if you're at a buffet at least try it.

Yes... Chicken was used to top the original Pizza's made in Naples... You must however know that Pizza as we know it today was created when tomatoes came of use in Europe during the 16th Century. Prior to that Pizza in different forms are noted in Egyptian, Roman and Arab recipes.
As far as Pineapple on Pizza is concerned IMHO, it would be an atrocity.

Yes, it is.

Ever had drive in theater pizza?....I don't know why but one of the best pizzas I ever had was at the Pickwick drive in in Burbank CA.....or maybe it was because of the girl I was with.... :wink_2:...it was a star wars movie I think...

Wow, my dad used to work at the Pickwick bowling alley.

Yes... Chicken was used to top the original Pizza's made in Naples... You must however know that Pizza as we know it today was created when tomatoes came of use in Europe during the 16th Century. Prior to that Pizza in different forms are noted in Egyptian, Roman and Arab recipes.
As far as Pineapple on Pizza is concerned IMHO, it would be an atrocity.
I knew the owner at the time and had them make a special Greek one with white sauce, 3 kinds of cheese topped with feta cheese and bacon bits. Their chicken was white breast meat marinated in a secret recipe that really made it great.

It is ethical, but it is not moral.

I agree that is is not moral, but is it also not ethical. Both concepts are about right vs. wrong.

Pineapple on Pizza is a defilement, adebasement and JUST PLAIN WRONG.

I like a good thin crust pizza with quality tomato sauce, lots of cheese, and all the meats you can add. As for veggie, throw some onions on there. Maybe some mushrooms. And I will eat the hell out of it. That is the way I like my pizza.

Pineapple and Canadian bacon are not the worst two ingredients you can put on pizza. I'll eat it if its free. I won't eat one of those Veggie Supreme pizzas even if it is free.

The thing about pineapple on pizza is simple. If you like it and you are paying for the the pizza, go for it. Get it the way you want it.

I agree. I have been perfecting my handmade pizza dough (Antimo Caputo Tipo 00 flour, water, yeast, salt and olive oil) as well as my own homemade pizza sauce (I cheat a bit with tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic powder, onion power, crushed fennel seeds, oregano and italian seasoning). For topping, just plain fresh mozzarella slices are perfect.

Forum List

Back