Debate Now Is it Ethical to put Pineapple on Pizza?

I've had pineapple on a dessert pizza which was kind of like a great big warm cookie. It was good. So is chocolate chip pizza which is like a great big warm chocolate chip cookie.

These concepts make me throw up in my mouth a little.

Only if you put spam on it too.

I recommend saving the Spam for Spam-Kabobs or Spamalama-dingdongs. You'll thank me if you follow this sage advice.

The thread title says it all.

Is it Ethical to put Pineapple on Pizza?

And I am not a Sour Killjoy Wokester who has to exclude people from participating in discussions, so have at it.
Absolutely, most definately NOT! It's like putting ketchup on hotdogs and rightly should be punishable by firing squad, lynching or beheading.

Agreed on the horror of Pineapple on Pizza, but I do believe that Shunning the offenders is a better punishment. Civil Society is preferable to the Big Stick of Gubmint.

And I am not a Sour Killjoy Wokester who has to exclude people from participating in discussions, so have at it.
Absolutely, most definately NOT! It's like putting ketchup on hotdogs and rightly should be punishable by firing squad, lynching or beheading.
Don't be dissing my ketchup.
It's America's go to sauce.
But only Heinze, not that Catsup crap.

I highly recommend Whataburger Spicy Ketchup. It's faboo.

Any kind of fruit on pizza is nasty. What's good on pizza:

1. corn
  2. kielbasa
  3. squid
  4. salami
  5. octopus

1 and 4 and possible 2, but absolutely no dead fish or other marine life on pizza.

USMB has a LONG history of providing spaces for "interest groups" and smaller discussions. You should KNOW THIS -- but let me refresh your memory....

This is certainly NOT the 1st time that USMB encouraged smaller community discussions.. When I got here in 2009 or so, USMB was offering "Interest Group" forums where someone could START a community based on shared interests or principles. It was hosted thru the "old" s/ware vendor as a feature.. The "Interest Groups" were in a whole different section of USMB and they were "invite only" ENTIRE FORUMS -- not just isolated threads..

These existed for at least 4 years, maybe 6 before we shut them down.. They were LARGELY "self-moderated" and the s/ware kept track of the invites and no one else could access them.. We shut them DOWN, because we lost tight couple with IT and Admin, and permissions for moderators for closing and deleting unused forums was NOT available without the Admin access that Cereal Killer had. It became a blight..

At the point at which we shut them down, Mod Staff was PUMMELED for doing it.. There was 2 week rebellion and walk - out and a bunch of bad mouthing USMB on the web for doing this. Had about 30 members temporarily or permanently leave. We BANNED a couple that were caught recruiting to "other sites"..,. Full pitchfork and lantern attacks on us...

Coyote got a "USMB medal of freedom" award for helping herd the rebels BACK to home base..
:abgg2q.jpg:

We can't win one way or the other on this.. At the time, I promised these groups a way to continue.. That's what prompted the "Invite Only" concept.. Except, it wasn't as GOOD as the semi-private groups that they had before and has been rarely used...

Then in 2016 for the election, we hosted "private" forums for each of presidential candidates.. To provide a space for members with party allegiances a "sane" place for posting candidate info and policy discussions.. We had to moderate these forums just like the "Invite Only" format.. Anyone dropping in to OPPOSE a candidate in any thread got ONE SHOT to comment, and then was required to LEAVE.. And we DID enforce this, and eventually, it became pretty popular.. Those forums are STILL archived under (IIRC) Elections forum.. And they did NOT affect the outright warring going on in Politics, Current Events or Election forums..

It aint something we just pulled out of an orifice.....

Thank you for sharing, but I remain unconvinced that the "you can look but not speak policy" is beneficial.

I consider myself a connoisseur of Pizza considering the fact that I've eaten it for more than 80 years., Being introduced to pizza as a toddler. The round flat type baked in a oven on stone is good, but I personally like the Sicilian type that is 3/4" thick baked in a olive oil greased pan with tomato sauce, onion, garlic, basil, Romano grated cheese, and anchovies., leaving out the anchovies and substituting them with Sopressata Salami, prosciutto or fresh Mozzarella is also deliscious.
But hey, I'm jaded and spoiled by my Sicilian mother, and aunts that spoiled me silly.

You are very blessed to have had the Sicilian ladies in your life. And you do remind me that Anchovies are the exception to the No Dead Fish On Pizza rule.

1. corn
  2. kielbasa
  3. squid
  4. salami
  5. octopus
good grief......outside of salami......good grief....

Actually, fresh kernels on pizza are delicious. I had them once on a veggie pizza from the Cheeseboard Collective in Berkeley. It was lovely.

"Woke" seems to be one of the many new buzzwords these days. I don't try to keep up with it.

However, in defense of small group discussions - it's nothing new. There are folks who are tired of trying to discuss something - with multiple points of view - only to get trolled by derailing insults. Unlike groups - it's not a "club" - it's topic specific. We're hoping this might give members a spot to really hash out a topic without the peanut gallery. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but like the FZ...it might serve a purpose that some members enjoy.

Fine. If you want to have small group discussions, make them private ones.

Never ever ever put pineapple on a pizza....and white sauce either...and if you ask me if a pizza doesn't have pepperoni and or sausage on it...its not a pizza....
I thought the same way until I had a Marco's chicken pizza awhile back. It was amazing.
Pineapple isn't bad with good Canadian bacon, occasionally....if you're at a buffet at least try it.

No, just plain no.

It's fine with Canadian bacon but without the bacon just double up on the mushrooms ...

Mon cher lumpikins, I do believe this is one of the extremely few topics upon which we disagree. But I still adore you.

When that first came out, they used to put it on with a little ham on a crispy thin crust with a bit of a caramelized glazing and called it "Desert Pizza." Stuff is absolutely delicious. Put on a pizza whatever works for you.

1. corn
  2. kielbasa
  3. squid
  4. salami
  5. octopus
Grilled sweet corn on a Mexican pizza sounds pretty good.
Depending on the kielbasa and salami, maybe.
And if I ever try squid or octopus chances are it won't be on a pizza.
You've never had calamari?

One may enjoy delicious calamari without having to defile the pizza.

Just sayin'.

I find no ethics in Pizza, however I refuse pineapple on my pizza, unless of course I'm drunk, it's 3 AM and that's what the place has left.

Ah, I see that for you, Pizza is purely a Pragmatic Experience.

I am normally not a supporter of capital punishment ... but, I believe THIS fully justifies the harshest penalty that society can inflict on true evil.

View attachment 366649

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Oh.Teh.Horror

Forum List

Back