Debate Now Is it Ethical to put Pineapple on Pizza?

The thread title says it all.

Is it Ethical to put Pineapple on Pizza?

And I am not a Sour Killjoy Wokester who has to exclude people from participating in discussions, so have at it.

I consider myself a connoisseur of Pizza considering the fact that I've eaten it for more than 80 years., Being introduced to pizza as a toddler. The round flat type baked in a oven on stone is good, but I personally like the Sicilian type that is 3/4" thick baked in a olive oil greased pan with tomato sauce, onion, garlic, basil, Romano grated cheese, and anchovies., leaving out the anchovies and substituting them with Sopressata Salami, prosciutto or fresh Mozzarella is also deliscious.
But hey, I'm jaded and spoiled by my Sicilian mother, and aunts that spoiled me silly.

Last edited:

And I am not a Sour Killjoy Wokester who has to exclude people from participating in discussions, so have at it.

"Woke" seems to be one of the many new buzzwords these days. I don't try to keep up with it.

However, in defense of small group discussions - it's nothing new. There are folks who are tired of trying to discuss something - with multiple points of view - only to get trolled by derailing insults. Unlike groups - it's not a "club" - it's topic specific. We're hoping this might give members a spot to really hash out a topic without the peanut gallery. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but like the FZ...it might serve a purpose that some members enjoy.

Never ever ever put pineapple on a pizza....and white sauce either...and if you ask me if a pizza doesn't have pepperoni and or sausage on it...its not a pizza....
I thought the same way until I had a Marco's chicken pizza awhile back. It was amazing.
Pineapple isn't bad with good Canadian bacon, occasionally....if you're at a buffet at least try it.

"Woke" seems to be one of the many new buzzwords these days. I don't try to keep up with it.

However, in defense of small group discussions - it's nothing new. There are folks who are tired of trying to discuss something - with multiple points of view - only to get trolled by derailing insults. Unlike groups - it's not a "club" - it's topic specific. We're hoping this might give members a spot to really hash out a topic without the peanut gallery. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but like the FZ...it might serve a purpose that some members enjoy.

Yes only those that appreciate the culinary arts would be interested. Then again it's a change from the hum drum political crap from the Left.
And Yes, there are certain ethics in cooking you shouldn't cross just like politics.

Absolutely! With a hand tossed garlic crust, pepperoni, hamburger, sausage, and canadian bacon or ham and a garlic parmesan sauce. No red sauce. Yummmm. I only indulge once every few months, but to die for!

Never ever ever put pineapple on a pizza....and white sauce either...and if you ask me if a pizza doesn't have pepperoni and or sausage on it...its not a pizza....
I thought the same way until I had a Marco's chicken pizza awhile back. It was amazing.
Pineapple isn't bad with good Canadian bacon, occasionally....if you're at a buffet at least try it.
A buffet? Do they still exist?

It's fine with Canadian bacon but without the bacon just double up on the mushrooms ...

It's fine with Canadian bacon but without the bacon just double up on the mushrooms ...
If you use the right kind of mushrooms, you can just imagine having the pizza.

Why not? Technically tomato is a fruit too! LOL
Pizza in Italy never had tomato sauce until well into the 1500s, and not commonly until much, much later. Most 'Italian' food as we think of it in America was in fact invented in America in NY's Italian immigrant tenements at the turn of the previous century.

I find no ethics in Pizza, however I refuse pineapple on my pizza, unless of course I'm drunk, it's 3 AM and that's what the place has left.

Forum List

Back