Ted Nugent to be guest of Rep Steve Stockman at Obama's State of the Union speech

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
Yes, I'm QUITE sure that Ted Nugent will have plenty to say after the President's State of the Union speech. I guess the question is whether or not this invitation and Nugent's subsequent statements are more likely to help the GOP or hurt the GOP.

I would have to guess the latter outcome is far more likely.

While other members of Congress are hosting gun-control advocates for Tuesday's State of the Union address, Rep. Steve Stockman has given one of his visitor's gallery tickets to Ted Nugent, the conservative gun-rights supporter.

"I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama," Mr. Stockman said in a statement announcing the choice. "After the address I'm sure Ted will have plenty to say."

I could care less if politicians from EITHER party get their panties in a bunch over somebody they don't like.

Ted Nugent is a great American. SCREW the GOP and SCREW the Democrats!

Surprised he isn't worried about getting arrested or killed. I guess that was all wingnut B.S. :cool:

I hope he stands up and yells Wang Dang Sweet Poontang when Obama blathers on about abortion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could care less if politicians from EITHER party get their panties in a bunch over somebody they don't like.

If Ted Nugent is a great American, the standards have been lowered considerably for Ted to qualify as one, considering that previously it was men like Dwight D. Eisenhower who most Americans would say belonged in such a group.

And don't even get me started on radio hosts who throw that description around in reference to themselves.

Last edited:

If Ted Nugent is a great American, the standards have been lowered considerably for Ted to qualify as one, considering that previously it was men like Dwight D. Eisenhower who most Americans would say belonged in such a group.

And don't even get me started on radio hosts who throw that description around in reference to themselves.

LOL, you got a couple atta boys for that for some reason..
just over someone saying Nugent was a great American...sheeeeeesh

LOL, you got a couple atta boys for that for some reason..
just over someone saying Nugent was a great American...sheeeeeesh

It was more likely the inclusion of the comment about radio hosts considering themselves to be great Americans that caused people to agree.

Yeah, you're right. It's VERY sad that people like Ted Nugent are considered to be "great Americans" or "patriots", when compared to great Americans and patriots from past generations.

Then there are leftist "great Americans" like Jon Stewart and Bill Maher and Chris Matthews and the other clowns on MSNBC and Bruce Springsteen and Charlie Sheen and others who REALLY lower the bar to "limbo" height.

After the ugly racist comment Nugent made about MTV rappers ("big uneducated greasy black mongrels") - he probably should be careful about where he travels while in the D.C. area.

After the ugly racist comment Nugent made about MTV rappers ("big uneducated greasy black mongrels") - he probably should be careful about where he travels while in the D.C. area.

Why should Nugent be worried about traveling in D.C.?

D.C. has some of the STRICTEST gun control laws in the entire country.

D.C.'s violent crime rate must be near ZERO, isn't it?

Yeah, you're right. It's VERY sad that people like Ted Nugent are considered to be "great Americans" or "patriots", when compared to great Americans and patriots from past generations.

Then there are leftist "great Americans" like Jon Stewart and Bill Maher and Chris Matthews and the other clowns on MSNBC and Bruce Springsteen and Charlie Sheen and others who REALLY lower the bar to "limbo" height.

I certainly wouldn't consider anyone you mentioned to be a Great American. They're accomplished in their field, certainly. They're famous, and wealthy, and influential. But great? No. Thomas Jefferson was a Great American. So was Thomas Edison. But I wouldn't include any actor I can think of in that category unless they did something wholly worthwhile other than make movies and project an image. That's why John Wayne doesn't make it in my estimation, and Jimmy Stewart (who flew bombers in WWII, by the way) does make it into the pantheon of Great Americans.

Love it.

The more the GObP shows their deep hatred for their country, the easier it gets for the REAL Americans.

Can they get $arah too?

Forum List

Back