Teen sex trafficking victim to pay $150K in restitution to family of rapist she killed....Smell Test?

Teen kilks her sex trafficking rapist, and a judge orders her to pay $150k to the scum's family...

WTF?

The immediate backlash resulted in 'GoFundMe' collecting more than twice that amount to pay the ordered restitution verdict.

The thing is GoFundMe is being hypocritical allowing this, because any time someone tries to raise money for someone on the right defending themselves from bullshit charges, the left screams bloody murder and GoFundMe shuts down the fundraising, citing not "enabling profit off criminal activity"

She had better withdraw the money before GoFundMe realizes it's hypocrisy and shuts down the account to save face.

So... underage prostitute kills her pimp.

Normally, I have no objections, but you guys left out the part of the story where she PLEAD GUILTY to the charge.

The reason why it was a slam dunk case for murder was that the pimp was asleep at the time he was stabbed to death, and therefore she couldn't have argued self-defense.

So it strikes me that the judge was actually pretty accommodating. No jail time and a fairly minimum fine.

Her lawyer might have been able to argue extreme emotional disturbance, but I don't think she had a leg to stand on.

Restiturion of $5 should have been ordered. What about restitution for the victim?
Again, the law was crystal clear. The judge had no option as to what the restitution amount was.

From the article:

However, in Iowa, there is a law that states that anyone who is convicted of killing a person, regardless of circumstances, must pay that individual’s family 150,000 dollars. This law is intended to provide justice to families who lost their loved ones. However, in the case of Pieper, it will require her to pay 150,000 dollars to the family of a man who purchased Pieper’s fifteen-year-old body from a sex trafficker, gave her drugs and alcohol, and then raped her repeatedly.

The problem is with a poorly designed law passed by the legislative branch.

Again, the law was crystal clear. The judge had no option as to what the restitution amount was.

From the article:

However, in Iowa, there is a law that states that anyone who is convicted of killing a person, regardless of circumstances, must pay that individual’s family 150,000 dollars. This law is intended to provide justice to families who lost their loved ones. However, in the case of Pieper, it will require her to pay 150,000 dollars to the family of a man who purchased Pieper’s fifteen-year-old body from a sex trafficker, gave her drugs and alcohol, and then raped her repeatedly.

The problem is with a poorly designed law passed by the legislative branch.
What about ordering restitution for the victim?

Iowa is a Republican state that has no respect for women.

OIP.UQmLzQwNMDTtHQvW_Hg6BAAAAA

So... underage prostitute kills her pimp.

Normally, I have no objections, but you guys left out the part of the story where she PLEAD GUILTY to the charge.

The reason why it was a slam dunk case for murder was that the pimp was asleep at the time he was stabbed to death, and therefore she couldn't have argued self-defense.

So it strikes me that the judge was actually pretty accommodating. No jail time and a fairly minimum fine.

Her lawyer might have been able to argue extreme emotional disturbance, but I don't think she had a leg to stand on.
I think it was self defense

Could the girl have overpowered the rapist if he was awake?

Probably not

You trying to give Democrats another reason to justify killing children?
According to Republicans, she asked for it. Even if all she did was wink at him, or have something in her eye, she asked for it.

I love it how a Republican here doesn't like it that I turned this into a political issue. Why not? I think it's important to point out this happened in a red state. Makes me think Red states treat women like 2nd class citizens.

According to Republicans, she asked for it. Even if all she did was wink at him, or have something in her eye, she asked for it.

I love it how a Republican here doesn't like it that I turned this into a political issue. Why not? I think it's important to point out this happened in a red state. Makes me think Red states treat women like 2nd class citizens.
You are the male version of penelope. Congrats dumbass

Forum List

Back