Teen suffers broken ribs, lung injury after being shoved off 60-foot bridge in Washington state

Should the girl who pushed Jordan face punishment?

• Yes she should face criminal charges

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Yes she should face civil liability

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes but I'm not sure what it should be

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No is was a youthful prank

• No she didn't mean to harm Jordan

• I'm not sure

• Total voters

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
Teen girl describes falling from bridge, says friend pushed her

YACOLT, Wash. (KATU) – A 16-year-old girl says it was her friend who pushed her off a bridge over Moulton Falls on the Lewis River, causing her to break five ribs and suffer a lung injury Tuesday.

In an interview, she said she had initially wanted to jump off the bridge after she saw a friend do it.

“I went to the top of the bridge and my other – my friend… she came up to the bridge with me,” Holgerson said as she described the moments leading up to the push. “And so, she was counting down, but I didn’t think anything of it. And I was like, ‘No, don’t count down, like, I won’t go if you count down. I’m not ready.’ And then, she pushed me.”

Holgerson doesn’t remember falling, but she remembers entering the water. When she surfaced, she thought she was swimming back to shore fine, but bystanders on land noticed she was drowning.

Holgerson said she didn’t feel any pain at first, just a lot of adrenaline.

“And then an EMT that was off-duty helped me onto the rocks and just a whole bunch of people surrounding me were helping me, calming me down,” she said.​

I'm feel there should be some consequences for what she did but I'm puzzled by the fact that Jordan's mom was asking that the friend turn herself in which gives me the impression that she is avoiding responsibility?

She should be prosecuted if the victim requests it.

There was no intentional crime. Thank God the girl wasn't seriously injured. Kids do stupid things. No, there should be no prosecution. But if Mueller is bored, and needs lives to screw up, maybe he can open a two year investigation to see if a Russian pushed her.

Here's the vid. Looks like kids being kids. And doing things they'd already likely done many times.

No. Friend is a moron, but the girl stated she was going to jump...not MIGHT jump.

Here's the vid. Looks like kids being kids. And doing things they'd already likely done many times.

I share these types of stories all the time with my teenage son. I tell him "Don't do stupid things!" I'd hate to lose my son to something stupid like this.

Fuck that!!!!
If you're going to jump from something that high you need total body control.
The "friend" should at the very least pay all the medical bills.

Because the girl who did the pushing was willing to be a part of the picture in such a way, yes, she should be charged for the role that she played.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back