🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tell me again we aren't moving toward a police state

Oh.....................for further edification of the uninformed as to what a police state is? Here's what Wiki says the definition is......................

A police state is a state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic, and political life of the population. A police state typically exhibits elements of totalitarianism and social control, and there is usually little or no distinction between the law and the exercise of political power by the executive.

The inhabitants of a police state experience restrictions on their mobility, and on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views, which are subject to police monitoring or enforcement. Political control may be exerted by means of a secret police force which operates outside the boundaries normally imposed by a constitutional state.[1]

Police state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Considering how many people protest the President and other things they don't agree with almost every day, if not every week, I still fail to see how we have a police state.

I don't think we've become a police state, because there aren't armed troops patrolling the streets of my hometown.

Yeah, because one cant have a police state unless they all act like heavy handed banana republics....roflmao.

BikerSailor, you are a total douche bag.

It might help if you looked up the term to find out what it actually means...................

police state noun

: a country in which the activities of the people are strictly controlled by the government with the help of a police force

: a political unit characterized by repressive governmental control of political, economic, and social life usually by an arbitrary exercise of power by police and especially secret police in place of regular operation of administrative and judicial organs of the government according to publicly known legal procedures

Police state - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

When was the last time that the government used the police to force control of your movements? Last I heard, you can still drive from California to Maine without any kind of special requirements (other than having transportation and the desire to go). What kind of arbitrary exercise by the police and the secret police have forced you to comply with what the government wants? The ACA doesn't count, because it was passed LEGALLY by Congress, and even stood up to Supreme Court scrutiny.

Go ahead........................list me at least 10 examples of a police state here in America. Last I checked, you were still entitled to a fair trial here in the U.S.

As far as the douchebag comment? Back at ya Massengill.

Dictionary definition: ": a political unit characterized by repressive governmental control of political, economic, and social life usually by an arbitrary exercise of power by police and especially secret police in place of regular operation of administrative and judicial organs of the government according to publicly known legal procedures."

Under the Patriot Act all this can happen to US citizens right now. The use of the IRS to suppress Tea Party groups, the arbitrary way the Federal Reserve can make markets go up or down by massive dumping of billions of USD in QE...etc.

You do not know what the hell you are talking about, dude.

Oh.....................for further edification of the uninformed as to what a police state is? Here's what Wiki says the definition is......................

A police state is a state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic, and political life of the population. A police state typically exhibits elements of totalitarianism and social control, and there is usually little or no distinction between the law and the exercise of political power by the executive.

The inhabitants of a police state experience restrictions on their mobility, and on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views, which are subject to police monitoring or enforcement. Political control may be exerted by means of a secret police force which operates outside the boundaries normally imposed by a constitutional state.[1]

Considering how many people protest the President and other things they don't agree with almost every day, if not every week, I still fail to see how we have a police state.

If you think that a Police State has to do all these things openly and without exception proves you are an ignoramus.

But then again, Progressives have always had a liking for dictators and police states as long as they think they are the ones in control.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you think that a Police State has to do all these things openly and without exception proves you are an ignoramus.

But then again, Progressives have always had a liking for dictators and police states as long as they think they are the ones in control.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQvsf2MUKRQ]George Bernard Shaw Defends Hitler, Mass Murder - YouTube[/ame]

Ummmm.....................yeah......................they DO have to do those things, it's the definition of what makes a country a police state.

Matter of fact, that's why it's defined as such and not by some other term.

Still would like to see a list of 10 ways that we are a police state though.

So let the mods merge the threads if they want.

Meanwhile stop derailing the thread, dude.

When you go to a supermarket, do you move items from one shelf to another just to give the stock clerks something to do? Do you intentionally miss the urinal in public restrooms because....someone will be along to mop up?

Dickhead.

What you just did is called 'projection', ass hat.

What exactly is an asshat? Have you any idea? I think you have been saying a phrase for decades without even knowing what it means.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQvsf2MUKRQ]George Bernard Shaw Defends Hitler, Mass Murder - YouTube[/ame]

Ummmm.....................yeah......................they DO have to do those things, it's the definition of what makes a country a police state.

Matter of fact, that's why it's defined as such and not by some other term.

Still would like to see a list of 10 ways that we are a police state though.

Lol, you are so fucking clueless.

No, just like Caesar established his dictatorship while keeping the Roman Senate alive, so too a police state can exist without the external trappings, like Mussolini, who kept the media and opposition parties going but was still a dictator who regularly practiced police state tactics. And while he did not have all the items you list, I have not read a single historian who has said that Italy was not a police state under Mussolini.

You are a simple-minded fascist kiss ass.

When you go to a supermarket, do you move items from one shelf to another just to give the stock clerks something to do? Do you intentionally miss the urinal in public restrooms because....someone will be along to mop up?

Dickhead.

What you just did is called 'projection', ass hat.

What exactly is an asshat? Have you any idea? I think you have been saying a phrase for decades without even knowing what it means.

Lol, you wear your ass for a hat, i.e. you have your head up your ass.

Thank you for proving my assertion.

Okay....................then it should be easy to show me 10 ways that America is currently a police state.

I notice that you've yet to respond to the request.

Okay....................then it should be easy to show me 10 ways that America is currently a police state.

Lol, I have posted the items several times, but here, just for your lame ass:

An American designated as a terrorist can be:

1) deliberately targeted and killed by the government without trial.

2) arrested in secret and held in a secret prison.

3) arrested and not charged with a crime for an indefinite period of time.

4) sent to do labor by force without compensation.

5) arrested and held without the right to legal counsel.

6) so designated and lose considerable rights without the means to clear their name.

7) handed over to a third party to be tortured

Even without a designation as a terrorist, an American citizen can still be:

8) targeted by the government for witch hunts for technical bureaucratic violations of regulatory law and there is no redress. The IRS investigations of Tea Party groups is an example.

9) subjected to a SWAT raid based on no evidence other than an anonymous call.

10) be stopped and searched with no probable cause.

All these are hallmarks of a police state.

The leftists used to get all pissy about it when Pinochet or some right wing dictator did it, but now it's OK since Obama the Messiah is doing it.

Last edited:
Because, frankly, I have no idea what else to call it when a cop arrests a fireman for illegally parking a firetruck during a rescue operation.

Best part, he did it with cameras running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRw6RVNHLz0

A California cop is under investigation after he was allegedly caught in a local news video handcuffing an on-duty firefighter who was helping car accident victims.
CBS 8 reports that the incident occurred when Chula Vista Fire Department Engineer Jacob Gregoire, 36, refused to move his engine from the fast lane on I-805 between Telegraph Canyon Road and East Orange Avenue.
The station's camera appears to show an unnamed California Highway Patrol officer handcuffing Gregoire. He then detains Gregoire, a 12-year firefighting veteran, in the back of his police car while other firefighters continue to tend to accident victims.
Cop Cuffs Firefighter Trying To Help Accident Victims (VIDEO)

We should all bow down before the cops.

Given how stupid and blind drivers are around emergency lights, asking fire fighters to move their vehicles from a fast lane isn't unreasonable. The articles I just read don't mention if the car wreck was on the shoulder or in one of the highway's lanes. If it was and the trucks were blocking it asking them to move was wrong. If it was already off the highway then moving the trucks is a better idea. That 2 of the 3 trucks DID move, and one refused suggests moving was prudent. Maybe the one that didn't felt they were adding to safety blocking a potential collision, but not knowing these details makes it impossible to second-guess an officer's logic on-scene.

Has nothing to do with a police state issue though.

Because, frankly, I have no idea what else to call it when a cop arrests a fireman for illegally parking a firetruck during a rescue operation.

A California cop is under investigation after he was allegedly caught in a local news video handcuffing an on-duty firefighter who was helping car accident victims.
CBS 8 reports that the incident occurred when Chula Vista Fire Department Engineer Jacob Gregoire, 36, refused to move his engine from the fast lane on I-805 between Telegraph Canyon Road and East Orange Avenue.
The station's camera appears to show an unnamed California Highway Patrol officer handcuffing Gregoire. He then detains Gregoire, a 12-year firefighting veteran, in the back of his police car while other firefighters continue to tend to accident victims.

Given how stupid and blind drivers are around emergency lights, asking fire fighters to move their vehicles from a fast lane isn't unreasonable. The articles I just read don't mention if the car wreck was on the shoulder or in one of the highway's lanes. If it was and the trucks were blocking it asking them to move was wrong. If it was already off the highway then moving the trucks is a better idea. That 2 of the 3 trucks DID move, and one refused suggests moving was prudent. Maybe the one that didn't felt they were adding to safety blocking a potential collision, but not knowing these details makes it impossible to second-guess an officer's logic on-scene.

Has nothing to do with a police state issue though.

The officer expected blind obedience and that is *directly* related to a police state issue.

Tell me again we aren't moving toward a police state

We aren't moving toward a ‘police state.’

The notion is ignorant, hyperbolic idiocy, an indication one has no idea as to what constitutes an actual ‘police state.’

All the linked video constitutes is a hasty generalization fallacy.

actuaslly he is right, albeit a "police state" we are moving to ( I would say we are already there) is not in the original sense, but the state were police does not have to be and is not held responsible of any wrongdoing whatsoever.

It started with the cases like Amadou Diallo...

Says the cop got in trouble.

So we're living in a state where police get policed.

And idiots like you have free speech.

Lol, I have posted the items several times, but here, just for your lame ass:

An American designated as a terrorist can be:

1) deliberately targeted and killed by the government without trial.

2) arrested in secret and held in a secret prison.

3) arrested and not charged with a crime for an indefinite period of time.

4) sent to do labor by force without compensation.

5) arrested and held without the right to legal counsel.

6) so designated and lose considerable rights without the means to clear their name.

7) handed over to a third party to be tortured

Even without a designation as a terrorist, an American citizen can still be:

8) targeted by the government for witch hunts for technical bureaucratic violations of regulatory law and there is no redress. The IRS investigations of Tea Party groups is an example.

9) subjected to a SWAT raid based on no evidence other than an anonymous call.

10) be stopped and searched with no probable cause.

All these are hallmarks of a police state.

The leftists used to get all pissy about it when Pinochet or some right wing dictator did it, but now it's OK since Obama the Messiah is doing it.

watching too many movies

or too much fox news

The arresting cop probably was a Rent-a-Cop at some shopping mall before he got his official cop job.
Those Rent-a-Cops are a threat to America as we know it!

Last edited:
Oh, I almost forgot, no you dopey racist, we're not moving toward a police state.

Forum List

Back