🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tell me again we aren't moving toward a police state

Because, frankly, I have no idea what else to call it when a cop arrests a fireman for illegally parking a firetruck during a rescue operation.

Best part, he did it with cameras running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRw6RVNHLz0

Cop Cuffs Firefighter Trying To Help Accident Victims (VIDEO)

We should all bow down before the cops.

We are not moving toward a police state.

Ayup the acts are well under way, everyone has been violated already. So really, we are down to just arguing over the severity of the attack on our liberty as to whether we are comfortable living in tyranny or not. No they have not started up the mass political internments or ovens yet. But they do have the mass prisons built around the country, and the bullets, and the coffins. US Postal office buying up tons of ammo this week. Yeah like the postal service, who are deeply in debt, need piles of ammo.

Are the frogs feeling warm yet, I wonder?

Because, frankly, I have no idea what else to call it when a cop arrests a fireman for illegally parking a firetruck during a rescue operation.

[.

Okay, a couple of firefighters are having a dick measuring contest and the firefighter came up "short".

Probably everyone involved will be dressed down in someone's office the next day.

Ayup the acts are well under way, everyone has been violated already. So really, we are down to just arguing over the severity of the attack on our liberty as to whether we are comfortable living in tyranny or not. No they have not started up the mass political internments or ovens yet. But they do have the mass prisons built around the country, and the bullets, and the coffins. US Postal office buying up tons of ammo this week. Yeah like the postal service, who are deeply in debt, need piles of ammo.

That you and others on the paranoid, partisan right might believe in such unsubstantiated, delusional nonsense also doesn’t mean we’re moving toward a ‘police state.’

The OP’s premise is not only a hasty generalization fallacy, it’s a slippery slope fallacy as well.

That you and others on the paranoid, partisan right might believe in such unsubstantiated, delusional nonsense also doesn’t mean we’re moving toward a ‘police state.’

The OP’s premise is not only a hasty generalization fallacy, it’s a slippery slope fallacy as well.

You still haven't explained when the ACLU became part of the paranoid, partisan, right.

Tell you what......................the first person that can prove to the whole of this thread that we are living in a police state will get 10.00 sent to them from me (provided they send me their address via PM).

But then again, I'm guessing they will state that my asking for their address so that I could send them money is yet more evidence of the police state looking for them so they can persecute them.

Sorry, but the U.S. is no more a police state than the U.S.S.R. is a democracy.

A California cop is under investigation after he was allegedly caught in a local news video handcuffing an on-duty firefighter who was helping car accident victims.
CBS 8 reports that the incident occurred when Chula Vista Fire Department Engineer Jacob Gregoire, 36, refused to move his engine from the fast lane on I-805 between Telegraph Canyon Road and East Orange Avenue.
The station's camera appears to show an unnamed California Highway Patrol officer handcuffing Gregoire. He then detains Gregoire, a 12-year firefighting veteran, in the back of his police car while other firefighters continue to tend to accident victims.

True, we are IN A POLICE STATE.

dumbass.

From what I have heard, we are all also in violation of some laws most of us have no clue exist.

https://www.rutherford.org/publicat...alization_of_america_are_we_all_criminals_now

It is in this Guantanamo-like facility, surrounded by hardened criminals and subjected to all manners of degradation and hardship that Michael Salman—who was fined more than $12,000 and sentenced to 60 days in jail starting on July 9, 2012, for the so-called “crime” of holding a weekly Bible study in his Phoenix home, allegedly in violation of the city’s building codes—is incarcerated.

What happened to Michael Salman—armed police raids of his property, repeated warnings against holding any form of Bible study at his home, and a court-ordered probation banning him from having any gatherings of more than 12 people at his home—should never have happened in America. Yet this is the reality that more and more Americans are grappling with in the face of a government bureaucracy consumed with churning out laws, statutes, codes and regulations that reinforce its powers and value systems and those of the police state and its corporate allies. All the while, the life is slowly being choked out of our individual freedoms. The aim, of course, is absolute control by way of thousands of regulations that dictate when, where, how and with whom we live our lives.

Incredibly, Congress has been creating on average 55 new “crimes” per year, bringing the total number of federal crimes on the books to more than 5,000, with as many as 300,000 regulatory crimes. As journalist Radley Balko reports, “that doesn't include federal regulations, which are increasingly being enforced with criminal, not administrative, penalties. It also doesn't include the increasing leeway with which prosecutors can enforce broadly written federal conspiracy, racketeering, and money laundering laws. And this is before we even get to the states’ criminal codes.”

In such a society, we are all petty criminals, guilty of violating some minor law. In fact, Boston lawyer Harvey Silvergate, author of Three Felonies a Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent, estimates that the average American now unknowingly commits three felonies a day, thanks to an overabundance of vague laws that render otherwise innocent activity illegal and an inclination on the part of prosecutors to reject the idea that there can’t be a crime without criminal intent. Consequently, we now find ourselves operating in a strange new world where small farmers who dare to make unpasteurized goat cheese and share it with members of their community are finding their farms raided, while home gardeners face jail time for daring to cultivate their own varieties of orchids without having completed sufficient paperwork.

We are now all criminals, just waiting unknowingly to be arrested and jailed for violation of some stupid law that never should have been on the books.

Have you ever wondered when you read of some dude being arrested for having bomb making materials, just what those materials are? That is a good question because the average person already has such materials in their home and doesn't even know it.

Homemade Bombs Most Feared by FBI

"Bad guys are bombers. You don't have to have the level of sophistication to make a bomb that you need to get nuclear materials," Yeager said.

The bombs are made by mixing chemicals that are used in common household items, including hydrogen peroxide and paint thinner, and easily found at drug stores or hardware stores. Experts know them as TATP, short for triacetone triperoxide, and HMTD, or hexamethylene triperoxide diamine.

Bomb Making Materials Awareness Program | Homeland Security

BMAP also works to increase public and private sector awareness of how to identify and prevent bomb-making activity. Powerful explosives can be made from precursor chemicals found in common consumer goods that are readily available commercially, making them highly attractive to terrorists attempting to avoid the obstacles to obtaining conventional explosives. Homemade explosives were used in several high-profile incidents, such as the 2005 London transit attacks, the 2001 Richard Reid "shoe bomb" plot, and the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing...

To report suspicious behavior, please contact your local police department or the Joint Terrorism Task Force immediately.

http://www.chemicalsecurity.gov.au/...n/Documents/Chemicals of Security Concern.doc

Wow, so if you own Hydrogen peroxide and paint thinner you have bomb making materials and can be arrested and plausibly designated a terrorist without ever knowing it. They can just trace your purchases electronically, get the warrant then do a fishing expedition at your home looking for any of these so-called bomb making materials.

Here is a guy arrested for having bomb making materials by simply having an unusual watch.

Man with strange watch arrested at Calif. airport, charged with having bomb-making materials | Fox News

Many watches have a sound alarm that can be used as a triggering device and are therefore bomb making materials.

We all have something that can be made into a bomb and are therefore in possession of bomb making materials and are potential terrorists.

18 U.S. Code § 842 - Unlawful acts | LII / Legal Information Institute

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person—
(1) to engage in the business of importing, manufacturing, or dealing in explosive materials without a license issued under this chapter;

(2) knowingly to withhold information or to make any false or fictitious oral or written statement or to furnish or exhibit any false, fictitious, or misrepresented identification, intended or likely to deceive for the purpose of obtaining explosive materials, or a license, permit, exemption, or relief from disability under the provisions of this chapter;

(3) other than a licensee or permittee knowingly—
(A) to transport, ship, cause to be transported, or receive any explosive materials; or

(B) to distribute explosive materials to any person other than a licensee or permittee;

18 U.S. Code § 844 - Penalties | LII / Legal Information Institute
18 U.S. Code § 844 - Penalties

a) Any person who—
(1) violates any of subsections (a) through (i) or (l) through (o) ofsection 842 shall be fined under this title, imprisoned for not more than 10 years, or both; and

(2) violates subsection (p)(2) ofsection 842, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

In the eyes of many in our government the People of the USA are all plausible potential terrorists and the greatest threat to our government today.

Tell you what......................the first person that can prove to the whole of this thread that we are living in a police state will get 10.00 sent to them from me (provided they send me their address via PM).

But then again, I'm guessing they will state that my asking for their address so that I could send them money is yet more evidence of the police state looking for them so they can persecute them.

Sorry, but the U.S. is no more a police state than the U.S.S.R. is a democracy.

Let me see if I understand your position; We are not living in a police state, and that proves that we are not worse off than we were in regards to police power and arbitrary enforcement of laws.

In that case, I can conclusively prove that income inequality, racism, homophobia, and all of your other pet issues are all products of your own delusions.

True, we are IN A POLICE STATE.

dumbass.

No we're not...especially if you poke your head down some dank hole in the ground and reiterate "No we're not!" until the government deems you no longer useful. Then they'll just come up and kick your ass to the curb, it is perfectly positioned, after all.

Forum List

Back