Terri

gop_jeff said:
I think there will be a special place in hell for those who forced Terri to starve to death. :mad:

"Special" as in he'll be Satan's personal bitch / love slave ? :D

-Cp said:
"Special" as in he'll be Satan's personal bitch / love slave ? :D

Im sure Hitler will be relieved that someone else is taking his place.

Im sure Hitler will be relieved that someone else is taking his place.

Yeah, him, saddam hussien, osama, pharoh and all the other freaks who've ever lived...

What has really been making me sick about all this are all the liberals who are taking absolute joy in the fact that a woman was starved to death because they think Bush has lost. its sick.

Shattered said:
Damn, he is an asshole. NOBODY should have to fucking plead with ANYONE to be by their childs side when they die. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Well how about the brother who apparently from all reports started some shit with the cops at her death bed? Real nice way of honouring your sister.

OCA said:
Well how about the brother who apparently from all reports started some shit with the cops at her death bed? Real nice way of honouring your sister.

can you elaborate?

This is a very sad day and a very sad two weeks in American history, I think we should out this behind us now because its clear there are many different views on this subject and nobody is going to change anyone else's mind.

What is more important is how we are going to resurrect the now dead conservative wing of the Republican party.....the party that now has sold its soul to the fedral judiciary.....the party that because of Terri lost its footing on many more important issues.

freeandfun1 said:
can you elaborate?

I was listening to Limbaugh today(Limbaugh has went off the deep end the last two weeks...what a kook!) and apparently the brother started some crap in the hospice as best I can recall(I couldn't hear it very well). Apparently the whole story of the parents not being there was because of contention between the two sides. In fact Mr. Schaivo offered to leave and have the parents come but the offer was rebuffed, the mother has refused to go to the hospice since Easter Sunday.

OCA said:
I was listening to Limbaugh today(Limbaugh has went off the deep end the last two weeks...what a kook!) and apparently the brother started some crap in the hospice as best I can recall(I couldn't hear it very well). Apparently the whole story of the parents not being there was because of contention between the two sides. In fact Mr. Schaivo offered to leave and have the parents come but the offer was rebuffed, the mother has refused to go to the hospice since Easter Sunday.

I am listening to Rush to and I have no idea what you are are talking about. The brother requested that they put their differences aside so the family could all be there, but 10 minutes before she died, Michael made her family leave and refused to put their differences aside. Not sure how you can blame that on the brother. Is your bias influencing your hearing?

freeandfun1 said:
I am listening to Rush to and I have no idea what you are are talking about. The brother requested that they put their differences aside so the family could all be there, but 10 minutes before she died, Michael made her family leave and refused to put their differences aside. Not sure how you can blame that on the brother. Is your bias influencing your hearing?

No pretty much had to go to an outside source to find the real story(one of the media oulets), you know how Rush likes to spin things.

Now i'm not saying I can't be wrong but from all reports there was an altercation of some sort.

There really should have been a plan for the final hours, a schedule of some sorts since both sides were unable to be in the same room.

OCA said:
No pretty much had to go to an outside source to find the real story(one of the media oulets), you know how Rush likes to spin things.

Now i'm not saying I can't be wrong but from all reports there was an altercation of some sort.

There really should have been a plan for the final hours, a schedule of some sorts since both sides were unable to be in the same room.

I did just hear that there was some kind of altercation, but I have only heard that from Michael's attorney. I didn't get my story from Rush. This AM while working out I was watching CNN at the gym and they were talking about how he made the family leave right as she was taking her last breaths. That is what is so sad to me. A mother and father should be allowed to be with their child when their child is dieing no matter what was going on between all of them before that. Why for just a few minutes couldn't michael put his control issues to the side? He is selfish in my opinion!

freeandfun1 said:
I did just hear that there was some kind of altercation, but I have only heard that from Michael's attorney. I didn't get my story from Rush. This AM while working out I was watching CNN at the gym and they were talking about how he made the family leave right as she was taking her last breaths. That is what is so sad to me. A mother and father should be allowed to be with their child when their child is dieing no matter what was going on between all of them before that. Why for just a few minutes couldn't michael put his control issues to the side? He is selfish in my opinion!

Ok wait, on Limbaugh I heard that the mother at least has refused to go to the hospice since Sunday.

Anyway she's gone and for that i'm sad, sad that she had a cardiac arrest and ended up like she did for so long. All this nitpicking, to me anyway is poking sticks at the turd in the mud.

I also heard that Mr. Schiavo asked hospice workers when it was apparent that Terri was headed for the pearly gates shortly how the parents wanted to be contacted. They had two numbers neither 1 was answered aparently.

I want to add that as far as i'm concerned this is all speculation, I don't think we'll ever get the whole story and i'm not sure we're entitled to.

Fmr jarhead said:
My wife and I had a discussion about this the other night....we have both decided that food and water is not extraordinary means to keeping us alive, if we ever find ourselves in this unfortunate state.....we will be amending our living wills to specify this, accordingly.

And now some interesting technology that promises some interesting possibilities for those who are in a "vegetative" state. It may be possible to find out what is going on with their brain, and communication may be possible in the future, as this technology is advanced.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/feature/story/0,13026,1448140,00.html

I think it is always prudent to protect the right to life rather than the right to death, unless implicitly spcified. I do think euthanasia is a viable option, but only when properly spelled out by the person who needs the relief that death can bring.

I think there is some discussion possible on this. Speaking with a friend, family law attorney. In the case of Terri, you had a very young woman who was 'swallowing' but not enough for sustenence. Perhaps with therapy she could have. Thus the feeding tube. Death was not imminent.

On the other hand, you are 80 years old, have had multiple heart attacks, strokes, cancer, whatever. You've been 'sick' for quite awhile. Something happens that prevents your being able to take in food and water. It's clear that you are not going to 'recover' to even your previous 'sick' self. Even before this point, many people will really stop eating enough to sustain life. At this stage, a living will or durable power of attorney will give your loved ones the ability to make your wishes known. Perhaps you would want IV's and feeding tubes, perhaps not. That should be between you and your family.

That what was so wrong about the media putting out the DeLay family story. His father was going to die, using added sustenence would have dragged death out for hours, perhaps days. Terri's situation was different.

OCA said:

He didnt start arguing till they tried to kick him out.

I was just breifly contemplating Mr Schiavo's position, and had nearly come around to the point of believing him that she did not want to live like that. HE has now reclaimed his spot as the biggest assbag in America.

God bless Terri and her family.

I know I will be thinking about them and praying for them for a long time. I hope they can ease their pain through God.

Forum List

Back