Tesla moves headquarters from California to Texas

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
It's almost as if states that make doing business difficult and expensive will be the recipients of thousands of new unemployment claims

Kind of ironic ain't it? Why would the symbol of the future of automotive environmental concern leave the state that portrays itself as the leader of environmental awareness?

Kind of ironic ain't it? Why would the symbol of the future of automotive environmental concern leave the state that portrays itself as the leader of environmental awareness?

All because of LA making people wear mask.

Kind of an insignificant move since their employees can now work from home full time from anywhere in the nation.

But I guess the symbolic nature of it is something
It’s significant in terms of taxes. And the work from home time period may end in about a year.

It’s significant in terms of taxes. And the work from home time period may end in about a year.

Does not do a thing for taxes in Texas if the person is living in Idaho. And they are not talking bout ending the work from home, they have made it a permanent fixture just as many companies have...office space is expensive to rent.

The change in work environment will the the lasting legacy of COVID. A very bad time to be in the commercial real estate business

Does not do a thing for taxes in Texas if the person is living in Idaho. And they are not talking bout ending the work from home, they have made it a permanent fixture just as many companies have...office space is expensive to rent.
Not in TX. We are going back to the office. My people miss the camaraderie. It’s also very difficult to train people remotely. Some jobs may be done remotely of course. But not all. And by taxes, you dimwit, I meant Tesla won’t be paying state corporate taxes in Cali and Musk himself left. As did Larry Ellison.

Not in TX. We are going back to the office.

Oracle is not going back to the office.

We are going back to the office. My people miss the camaraderie.

If you need a friend, get a dog.

Some jobs may be done remotely of course. But not all.

Of course all cannot. But it is the trend. Not sure about in other cites, but ATT in St Louis made half their work force remote, and they had more than that which wanted to go remote. We have been working from home since March 18th and now they are talking about making it full time remote. No way I would choose to go back to driving 70 miles a day instead of walking to my office

The change in work environment will the the lasting legacy of COVID. A very bad time to be in the commercial real estate business
Would depend on the job. If manufacturing then you gotta be there. As soon as this was announced, home prices got crazier. Austin is already prohibitively expensive and getting worse. They also really don't have the infrastructure to handle the influx. A short distance to new Braunfels took us 90 min in stop and go traffic on the interstate.

Unknown however total job/people move unless Tesla provided estimates

Would depend on the job. If manufacturing then you gotta be there. As soon as this was announced, home prices got crazier. Austin is already prohibitively expensive and getting worse. They also really don't have the infrastructure to handle the influx. A short distance to new Braunfels took us 90 min in stop and go traffic on the interstate.

Unknown however total job/people move unless Tesla provided estimates

I would not think there are that many HQ jobs as to make a huge difference there.

They did not move the manufacturing, but actually are putting more into the manufacturing plant in Cali.

Oracle is not going back to the office.

If you need a friend, get a dog.

Of course all cannot. But it is the trend. Not sure about in other cites, but ATT in St Louis made half their work force remote, and they had more than that which wanted to go remote. We have been working from home since March 18th and now they are talking about making it full time remote. No way I would choose to go back to driving 70 miles a day instead of walking to my office
It’s not about a “friend” but about business collaboration and team work.

Forum List

Back