Texans must prepare for a different Texas

wth?

aren't we all AMERCIANS?

what's with this crap of separating us into race, color of skin, etc

this is tearing this country apart

just gives a bit of insight and how the republican party has treated people color and what will happen with the demographic shift

One Southern Republican lawmaker — who asked to remain anonymous — said of Immigration reform’s opposition: “Part of it, I think — and I hate to say this, because these are my people — but I hate to say it, but it’s racial.”

Lee Atwater famously advised Republicans to:

You start out in 1954 by saying, “******, ******, ******.” By 1968 you can’t say “******”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “******, ******.”

The Southern Strategy has been the cornerstone of Republican politics for at least five decades. While former Republican National Committee chairmen Ken Mehlman and Michael Steele admitted (and apologized) that Republicans use racist appeals to motivate white voters, the Southern Strategy remains central to their party’s electoral logic and approach. Paul Ryan’s racism and embrace of the Southern Strategy is the Republican Party’s conventional wisdom in practice.

“If you go to town halls people say things like, ‘These people have different cultural customs than we do.’ And that’s code for race,” the Republican continued.

Republicans admit racism is contributing to immigration reform gridlock - Salon.com

But Hispanics are white.

Only the American media try to play up the lies. Hispanics are white. Hell's bells Iranians are white.

Whats with all this whites are going to die out bullshit?

This is why the republican party is a regional party and can't win nationally. The major areas in Florida(Miami-dade), VA, NC, NEV, Co have already shown that importance of these people. You can't spit on these people and expect to win...28% of the Hispanic vote want for the republicans last presidential election, while Bush got 44%. I wonder why????

They want amnesty...Are you going to give it to them? Or are you going to whine about them.

If the Democrats offer minorities a nickel a piece for their vote then Republicans could offer them a dime a piece. This is certainly the best way to run a country.

Your party needs to figure out how to get 10% of the Hispanic vote to vote for you. Elections are all about winning people over.

Hispanic is a culture. Hispanics are white. Now talk about winning people over. How can you do that when you have hispanic media heavy laden to progressives. They lie daily.

Because once whites become the minority, then they can start whining about being so and get all the special attention and quotas, while the new majority's special attention and quotas be taken away.

Won't that be special.

Because once whites become the minority, then they can start whining about being so and get all the special attention and quotas, while the new majority's special attention and quotas be taken away.

Won't that be special.

Yeah, I'm sure that is what will happen.

Look at 70% of the threads on this forum. It's all conservatives like 007 whining about blacks, gays, women, hispanics, democrats...few are as moderate as you.

But look on the bright side, we used to hear a far more different kind of crazy out of 007, didn't we?

wth?

aren't we all AMERCIANS?

I don't know. Why are you conservatives so intent on it? All we want is to be equal.

Would it matter to you if your neighbors one by one started moving away and members of a drug cartel took their place? A white person doesn't have to "hate" other races to recognize the fact that other races hate whites. That's not always the case but it's often the case:

La_Raza-protest-sign.jpg

immigration-protest-we-will-shoot-Arizona-police.jpg

laraza2.jpg

Like it or not, if you're white there is an agenda to have you removed from the southwest by a group called "La Raza" (the race).

The New Black Panther.avi - YouTube

Yes ... the white race is literally hated and there is an agenda to kill us all. Not everyone may be on board but there are enough on board to make the threat serious.

I don't understand...What's untrue in those posters?

Texas was originally Mexico. Spanish was spoken in Texas long before English was.

La Raza? Since when is honoring one's heritage a bad thing? Shall we ban St. Patrick's Day and other holidays?

You're arguments are moot in that they are based upon ignorance and bigotry.

just gives a bit of insight and how the republican party has treated people color and what will happen with the demographic shift

One Southern Republican lawmaker — who asked to remain anonymous — said of Immigration reform’s opposition: “Part of it, I think — and I hate to say this, because these are my people — but I hate to say it, but it’s racial.”

You start out in 1954 by saying, “******, ******, ******.” By 1968 you can’t say “******”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “******, ******.”

The Southern Strategy has been the cornerstone of Republican politics for at least five decades. While former Republican National Committee chairmen Ken Mehlman and Michael Steele admitted (and apologized) that Republicans use racist appeals to motivate white voters, the Southern Strategy remains central to their party’s electoral logic and approach. Paul Ryan’s racism and embrace of the Southern Strategy is the Republican Party’s conventional wisdom in practice.

“If you go to town halls people say things like, ‘These people have different cultural customs than we do.’ And that’s code for race,” the Republican continued.

Republicans admit racism is contributing to immigration reform gridlock - Salon.com

LOL. You do know that Jim Crow was a Democrat -- don't you?
You do know that Democrat, Robert Byrd, was a member of the KKK -- don't you?

Ah the abject hypocrisy. :cuckoo:

You do know that the KKK and Jim Crow were conservative first?

You do know that Dems and Pubs in the southern legislatures voted Jim Crow don't you for many decades?

Your whining will not change the truth.

yes in in the 70's the souther white bible thumping crackers went in mass to the republic-klan party

wth?

aren't we all AMERCIANS?

I never knew that...

Why do you think Republicans only get 7% of the black vote today? You guys must have REALLY fucked up

now you see why the Democrat party is pandering so hard to them

they've sown up the black votes so they don't need to bother with them anymore...Now they want to give amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants who will then take jobs away from black people whose unemployment is already high and the rest of YOU LEGAL citizens...when will they wake up?

the Democrat party doesn't care about people, they only care ABOUT VOTES and will find anyway they can get it (giving amnesty)if it means walking on you legal citizens of this country

they want amnesty...I want a frikken million dollars will you give it to me Matt?

Last edited:
yes in in the 70's the souther white bible thumping crackers went in mass to the republic-klan party

Fighting a civil war to preserve slavery, Jim Crow, the KKK, domestic concentration camps, oppression, hopelessness, virtual urban prison camps - all on the democrats' ledger, kid. Stay in school.

Texans must prepare for a different Texas - San Antonio Express-News

Steve Murdock has worn many hats over the years. Gov. Rick Perry appointed him as the first official state demographer of Texas. He ran the U.S. Census Bureau for President George W. Bush. He now teaches at Rice University.

But you might simply call him the fortuneteller of Texas. Over the past three decades, he has predicted, quite accurately, the size and diversity of our future population. Murdock uses spreadsheets to see the future. He estimates he's presented them 250 times throughout the state over the past decade.

Out of a dizzying display of data emerges the story of Texas, a tale he tells with a broad smile but with a sense of urgency .

By 2010, Anglos comprised a smaller proportion of our population than in 2000, while the share of other racial and ethnic groups rose. From 2000 to 2010, non-white Texans accounted for 89 percent of our growth. About a third of the children in the state are white, less than 20 percent in the largest metro areas.

Forty-eight percent of Texans younger than 18 are Hispanic. You could build a 20-foot wall on the southern border or import every techie from California, but it wouldn't make a dent in the projections. Murdock explains that black and Hispanic children will largely determine the future of Texas.

as long as they know voting dem with turn Texas into northern mexico, there shouldn't be any real problems

Texans must prepare for a different Texas - San Antonio Express-News

Steve Murdock has worn many hats over the years. Gov. Rick Perry appointed him as the first official state demographer of Texas. He ran the U.S. Census Bureau for President George W. Bush. He now teaches at Rice University.

But you might simply call him the fortuneteller of Texas. Over the past three decades, he has predicted, quite accurately, the size and diversity of our future population. Murdock uses spreadsheets to see the future. He estimates he's presented them 250 times throughout the state over the past decade.

Out of a dizzying display of data emerges the story of Texas, a tale he tells with a broad smile but with a sense of urgency .

By 2010, Anglos comprised a smaller proportion of our population than in 2000, while the share of other racial and ethnic groups rose. From 2000 to 2010, non-white Texans accounted for 89 percent of our growth. About a third of the children in the state are white, less than 20 percent in the largest metro areas.

Forty-eight percent of Texans younger than 18 are Hispanic. You could build a 20-foot wall on the southern border or import every techie from California, but it wouldn't make a dent in the projections. Murdock explains that black and Hispanic children will largely determine the future of Texas.

as long as they know voting dem with turn Texas into northern mexico, there shouldn't be any real problems

They're going to keep voting democrat for two reasons....
1. Free shit
2. Amnesty for their families

Blood is very important to the Hispanic population!

Fighting a civil war to preserve slavery, Jim Crow, the KKK, domestic concentration camps, oppression, hopelessness, virtual urban prison camps - all on the democrats' ledger, kid. Stay in school.

The southern strategy that flipped the parties is the real history! The grand fathers of the current extremist tea partiers were DEMOCRATS! Not that I have any problem with them wanting to live only with their own kind. BUT WE MUST BE HONEST!

On the far right conservative watch.

You do know that the KKK and Jim Crow were conservative first?

You do know that Dems and Pubs in the southern legislatures voted Jim Crow don't you for many decades?

Your whining will not change the truth.

It was mostly Democrats then....

The southern strategy that flipped the parties is the real history! The grand fathers of the current extremist tea partiers were DEMOCRATS! Not that I have any problem with them wanting to live only with their own kind. BUT WE MUST BE HONEST!

Duly shamefaced democrats keep trying to sell this bullshit rationalization, but it doesn't hold up.

Forum List

Back