Texas Children's Hospital laying off 5% of its staff due to financial challenges, Chronicle reports

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021

ABC13 learned on Tuesday that one of Houston's largest hospitals is laying off some of its employees.

Our news partners at the Houston Chronicle report that the layoffs are happening at Texas Children's Hospital.

The hospital is said to be letting go of 5% of its staff due to financial challenges.

According to the Chronicle, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer Linda Aldred said that Texas Children's has approximately 20,000 employees across 120 locations in Houston, across Texas, and globally, adding that a 5% reduction in that workforce would cut roughly 1,000 jobs.

"This has been so challenging and so difficult for us to get here. We have been really thoughtful about it," Aldred told the Chronicle. "We do not plan to have additional cuts or job eliminations."

Eyewitness News has contacted the hospital system for independent confirmation and is investigating further how this may impact patients.

My thought is that financial hardship came from lots of government reimbursements and non-payers.

I'm sure all those illegals and Katrina transplants pay on time.....Right?

Oftentimes place like that have too many useless layers of management, I hope that is where they cut.

That said cutting usually begets more cutting.

You should give up thinking. You suck at it.

If you go to Houston, the first thing you see (80 miles outside of the Texas Medical Center where TCH is) is hospitals. Not really just a hospital but clusters of them. TCH, Methodist, St. Lukes, etc... There are fewer and fewer reasons to go to the med center to get excellent care.

You wouldn’t know anything about this but a lot of folks have friends and loved ones who visit them in the hospital. It makes more sense to check into a campus on the Grand Parkway or down in League City than to force your family to travel 50/100 miles round trip; pay for parking, etc...

Forum List

Back