Texas’ complex relationship with firearms: Leading America in gun sales, but with a declining gun ownership rate

If it can be proven to be evil, then it should be banned.
I totally agree and there's no stronger defender of the 2nd Amendment than me. Just as soon as you can prove that a gun is evil, independent of the hands which hold it, Constitution be damned, I'll support its ban because that would be some scary shit.

And you need that collapsible stock to hunt prairie chickens. And what other mods is done?

It isn't banning a thing. You want that weapon, file the proper paperwork and don't be a criminal or Excon.

It has accessories that would make many ARs jealous. Including a threaded barrel designed to use a silencer. And subsonic ammo like the 9mm and 45ACP which can benefit from that silencer. If they offered it without the threaded barrel then it wouldn't make the list. And again, it's not being banned, it's being regulated.

There are many items that can qualify as an Assault Rifle. The Caliber doesn't mean a thing. It's the fact it can be used as a Military Rifle first and everything else after that.

All this type of law does is make you, the gunnutter, have to register certain weapons and have proper permits. But if you really want to be banned, fine. You are banned. See how easy that was?

Moron...the collapsable stock makes it easier to shoot for all body types and easier to store and take to the range....

And if you want to write that book, no problem, just submit a copy to the government censors and get the proper permit.....you want to write a political column...no problem, just submit it first to the government, file the proper paperwork and I'm sure you will be allowed to publish it........see, that's how stupid your idea is..........

The AR-15 has never been a military rifle, and, you idiot....military rifles are specifically protected by the Supreme Court ruling in Miller....

Registering guns has always been the first step to confiscation.....and in Europe, they registered their guns in the 1920s, and by the mid 1930s they began the process of murdering 15 million innocent men, women and children...

You see, you anti-gun fascist....we know human history, we know human nature........it is idiots like you who made the exact same arguments, the exact same promises that fooled Europeans into giving up their guns in the 1920s.......and then their governments who made your arguments and made your promises went on to murder 15 million people.....

We know who you are, we know where what you want leads......and we aren't going to be part of that....

Don't be silly. He did't say all guns in common use did he? The right wing conspiracy theory is that someone will be at your door soon to confiscate all your guns. Just more hysterical exaggeration, dumb ass.

They don't have to be at your door.........they just have to make them illegal, then every interaction with the police becomes a felony arrest if you didn't turn in your Constitutionally protected gun.....

You make a call about a neighbors loud party? Oh, by the way Mr. Smith, our records show that you never turned in your 9mm semi-automatic assault pistol......we are placing you under arrest....you are now facing felony charges for illegal possession...you will be sent to prison, unlike actual criminals who get no cash bail, you will lose your job, your house and any chance of decent, future employment....

That is how it will be done....

And it’s not just the unwarranted fear that mass shootings will result in ‘bans’ – we see the same ignorance and stupidity from conservatives when a Democratic administration comes into office: shortages and the unavailability of ammunition and firearms based on the moronic lie that guns are going to be ‘banned.’
Sadly, even Conservatives, most of whom believe the Tanakh (Old Testament) are willing to supply murder and suicide perpetrators with weapons.

Sadly, even Conservatives, most of whom believe the Tanakh (Old Testament) are willing to supply murder and suicide perpetrators with weapons.
Who provided Cain with a weapon? Or have murderers, from the very first murder, been able to find a weapon when they wanted one?

To suggest that me defending my right to have the tools of self-defense implicates me in the murders or suicide of others is just sanctimonious.

Who provided Cain with a weapon? Or have murderers, from the very first murder, been able to find a weapon when they wanted one?
Of course, it is possible to commit murder and suicide without guns, but it is more difficult. Most murder and suicide attempts without guns fail.

Perhaps, if fentanyl was legal, overdose deaths would have numbered in hundreds of thousands.
Actually, if it were legal, the deaths would be far, far, less because it would be manufactured to standards and not sold on the black market, put into other narcotics as a poison. Most fentanyl deaths aren't overdoses at all, they're poisonings where people didn't know they were taking fentanyl.

More people die because of sanctimonious authoritarians try to force people to live by the beliefs of the sanctimonious rather than choosing for themselves.

And, no, abortionists, this is not an argument for you to choose to kill babies. Your right to choose for yourself doesn't include choosing death for someone else.

Actually, if it were legal, the deaths would be far, far, less because it would be manufactured to standards and not sold on the black market, put into other narcotics as a poison. Most fentanyl deaths aren't overdoses at all, they're poisonings where people didn't know they were taking fentanyl.

More people die because of sanctimonious authoritarians try to force people to live by the beliefs of the sanctimonious rather than choosing for themselves.

And, no, abortionists, this is not an argument for you to choose to kill babies. Your right to choose for yourself doesn't include choosing death for someone else.
I oppose late term abortion. I oppose guns. I oppose drug legalization. I oppose smoking and alcohol.

I believe Human Life is a Sacred Creation of G-d!

Of course, it is possible to commit murder and suicide without guns, but it is more difficult. Most murder and suicide attempts without guns fail.

Tell that to the country's with higher suicide rates, but no guns.

DURRRRRR

Really? How is it, then, that Japan has a higher suicide rate than the US with virtually no guns in civilian hands, Mr. Sanctimonious?

I oppose late term abortion. I oppose guns. I oppose drug legalization. I oppose smoking and alcohol.

You oppose late term abortion? How about first trimester abortion? Are you OK with that?

You oppose free will and support the idea that men can be forced to keep the commandments, being without sin by force rather than by free will and self determination. Got it.

Of course that has never been God's plan but the self-righteous like you have never let God's plan, His will, or His law, get in your way any more than you or the left let the Constitution get in your way with Man's law.

You oppose free will and support the idea that men can be forced to keep the commandments, being without sin by force rather than by free will and self determination. Got it.
Some sins like suicide and murder must be opposed rather then enabled.

Forum List

Back