Texas comptroller adds NatWest to list of companies ‘boycotting’ fossil fuel firms

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016

Well I guess they are trying to protect their industry, even at the cost of destroying the planet.

Nut restricting the choices of local institutions seems a strange way to do it.Especially from the party of small govt.

Is this another Schrodinger law ?

You expect the Texas State Pension Program to invest in anti-Texas businesses? ... is that why UK is so deep into North Korea and Iran, funding their nuclear weapons programs? ... yeesh ...

State government divestment is not considered effective ... first off, it's not much discretionary money, state laws govern how money is invested ... you can bet the state employee retirement funds are very closely watched by the state employee labor union ... comptrollers don't mess with the State Supreme Court's pensions ... or else ... any and all balanced portfolios will have a position in the fossil fuel industry ...

Bottom line: NatWest is a bad investment ... for you, for me, for Texas ... putting politics before profit is why there's a Middle Class ...

You expect the Texas State Pension Program to invest in anti-Texas businesses? ... is that why UK is so deep into North Korea and Iran, funding their nuclear weapons programs? ... yeesh ...

State government divestment is not considered effective ... first off, it's not much discretionary money, state laws govern how money is invested ... you can bet the state employee retirement funds are very closely watched by the state employee labor union ... comptrollers don't mess with the State Supreme Court's pensions ... or else ... any and all balanced portfolios will have a position in the fossil fuel industry ...

Bottom line: NatWest is a bad investment ... for you, for me, for Texas ... putting politics before profit is why there's a Middle Class ...
State Pension schemes should always invest in what is best for pensioners not the state of Texas. We have laws about that over here. I suspect that you do as well.

Forum List

Back