Fossil Fuel Exec Brags Of 'Hitting The Jackpot' As Natural Gas Prices Surge Amid Deadly Crisis In Texas

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
More than two dozen Texans have died as a result of Winter Storm Uri—and thousands remain without heat, water, and food—but widespread evidence of human suffering didn't stop one dirty energy executive from boasting about profiting from the crisis.

"Obviously, this week is like hitting the jackpot." That's what Roland Burns, president and chief financial officer of Comstock Resources, Inc., a shale drilling company, told investors on an earnings call earlier this week, according to NPR.

And apparently, Texas Republicans are expecting exactly that.

Yep. They're expecting the rest of the tax payers of America to pay the price gouging utility bills, Texas homeowners will be receiving, to pad their own pockets, and political campaigns, for a disaster the their failed disaster capitalist policies caused in the first place.

Please call your Senator at 202-224-3121, and tell them not one dime of tax payer money goes to Texas utility companies. Let governor Abbott explain those bills to them. I'm sure they'll be sympathetic, and understanding to that whole small government thing.

Isn't that the American dream? Hurray, for free markets and capitalist who help to kick yous when you are down and to economically enslave the mass populace..
thats an opportunist not a capitalist,,

if youre going to troll every new thread the least you could do is be right,,
Yeah, like there is a diff..Show me where opportunist is a form of economic philosphy.

Isn't that the American dream? Hurray, for free markets and capitalist who help to kick yous when you are down and to economically enslave the mass populace..

Yeah, like there is a diff..Show me where opportunist is a form of economic philosphy.
I would explain the diff for you but as youve shown many times your goal is the troll not the truth,,

"Big government please save me, I'm too stupid and lazy to fend for myself". It must be hell living with you and having to listen to your endless whining.

And you can quote where I said anything about "big government" or sit over there with the other dummies.

I would explain the diff for you but as youve shown many times your goal is the troll not the truth,,
there is no form of economic philosophy called opportunism.

More than two dozen Texans have died as a result of Winter Storm Uri—and thousands remain without heat, water, and food—but widespread evidence of human suffering didn't stop one dirty energy executive from boasting about profiting from the crisis.

"Obviously, this week is like hitting the jackpot." That's what Roland Burns, president and chief financial officer of Comstock Resources, Inc., a shale drilling company, told investors on an earnings call earlier this week, according to NPR.

Yep. They're expecting the rest of the tax payers of America to pay the price gouging utility bills, Texas homeowners will be receiving, to pad their own pockets, and political campaigns, for a disaster the their failed disaster capitalist policies caused in the first place.

Please call your Senator at 202-224-3121, and tell them not one dime of tax payer money goes to Texas utility companies. Let governor Abbott explain those bills to them. I'm sure they'll be sympathetic, and understanding to that whole small government thing.
from leftist WAPO--boooom baby!!! HAHHAHHAHHAHAH
'''''In their study, the authors found that many deaths attributable to cold happened on moderately cold days''''
etc etc

...they did not die because of ERCOT /etc----my dad LIVED --outside--in 30 BELOW 0 weather!!! and did not die--that wasn't windchill ..they died because they were not prepared/smart/etc

So you send the utility company your money then. It's not my problem if they lose money. The citizens of Texas should make sure the utility company has to eat it. Not them.

...they did not die because of ERCOT /etc----my dad LIVED --outside--in 30 BELOW 0 weather!!! and did not die--that wasn't windchill ..they died because they were not prepared/smart/etc

So you send the utility company your money then. It's not my problem if they lose money. The citizens of Texas should make sure the utility company has to eat it. Not them.
that doesn't refute my point, at all

Shhh.....I have gas royalities coming from Texas....cha-ching

Yeah, we know bro. "It's not my problem"...trust me, we are aware that you and your party feel that way about other human beings. :)

Thanks for saying it outright tho.

there is no form of economic philosophy called opportunism.
DUH,,,

Yeah, we know bro. "It's not my problem"...trust me, we are aware that you and your party feel that way about other human beings. :)

Thanks for saying it outright tho.

Swing and a miss. It's my party that's in your state right now helping the people now, while your party is on a plane to Cancun, and fossil fuel execs are salivating about all the "big gubmint" welfare they're going to get to line their pockets with.

Human beings and Republican fossil fuel donors, aren't human beings that anyone should care about. Bro

There is a lot to understand about energy shortage in Texas

but based on that link it appears that Comstock is able to deliver natural gas when other companies cannot

is it because they winterized their production fields better than the other guys?

Forum List

Back