Texas governor doesn't care how many die

cry about the economy then reopen businesses -

two things better happen thats for damn sure -

1. reopening isnt premature and sets off round 2 of the virus

2. people flock to businesses in droves and a magical recovery takes place overnight .
God, you're an idiot! The reopening of the economy is specifically designed so that people CAN'T flock to businesses in droves! Restaurants in Florida are open...but only at 25% capacity! Hard to have "droves" of customers in a business when only 25% of capacity is allowed! Duh?

Tx and Fl operate on sales tax revenue - per your 25% capacity they lose 75% of their revenue UNLESS they maintain a CONSTANT 25% revolving door capacity - aka FLOCK TO BUSINESSES IN DROVES.

DUH
So a "constant" 25% somehow attains "drove" status? It's 25% of capacity, you buffoon! That means 3/4's of the restaurant is EMPTY!

and losing 75% of their revenue while still paying overhead -

business aint yer strong suit huh -
I've got an MBA actually. So let's look at the numbers...25% is less than 100%, that much is true but 25% is more than 0 and that's what most businesses WERE operating under.
So it's a first step towards a return to normalcy. A chance to bring in people who need a paycheck. An opportunity to show that businesses CAN adapt to circumstances and need to be given a chance to do so! You can't get to full capacity until you start the process. Businesses grasp that. Liberal ideologues like yourself obviously DON'T!

I'm an independent sparky - where did you get your mba Trump College ?

25% revenue may not even pay electric bills keeping the lights on - eating joints went full bore dlivery/take out and drive through - 0 revenue is your # not theirs

2. people flock to businesses in droves and a magical recovery takes place overnight .
God, you're an idiot! The reopening of the economy is specifically designed so that people CAN'T flock to businesses in droves! Restaurants in Florida are open...but only at 25% capacity! Hard to have "droves" of customers in a business when only 25% of capacity is allowed! Duh?

Tx and Fl operate on sales tax revenue - per your 25% capacity they lose 75% of their revenue UNLESS they maintain a CONSTANT 25% revolving door capacity - aka FLOCK TO BUSINESSES IN DROVES.

DUH
So a "constant" 25% somehow attains "drove" status? It's 25% of capacity, you buffoon! That means 3/4's of the restaurant is EMPTY!

I've got an MBA actually. So let's look at the numbers...25% is less than 100%, that much is true but 25% is more than 0 and that's what most businesses WERE operating under.
So it's a first step towards a return to normalcy. A chance to bring in people who need a paycheck. An opportunity to show that businesses CAN adapt to circumstances and need to be given a chance to do so! You can't get to full capacity until you start the process. Businesses grasp that. Liberal ideologues like yourself obviously DON'T!

25% revenue may not even pay electric bills keeping the lights on - eating joints went full bore dlivery/take out and drive through - 0 revenue is your # not theirs
Your an independent like Bernie's an independent. You're just a hopeless hack.

Despite the constant increase in Covid 19 virus, cases, Greg Abbot thinks it is more important to bow to Trump and open the state for business as usual than it is to listen to the experts and wait until infection rates start to fall. How many more will unnecessarily die just so Abbot can get his brownie points from Trump?
View attachment 331667
View attachment 331665
A better question is how many families are you willing to bankrupt so that the economy doesn't look good going into the Fall election? Do any of you liberals care about those people? They don't have any money. They have bills to pay. They need to feed their families. But you want to keep the nation closed down for as long as you can to make Trump look bad!

Here's the thing, Bulldog...

Those States that are opening back up now? They're going to be the ones who's economy bounces back the quickest. States like Michigan? With a Governor that wants to string this out for as long as she can? People that live there are FUCKED!!! See how that translates come November. Why would you vote for people that put politics above people?
Liberals love the poor...It's the very definition of being a Liberal.
Then the Liberals try to get professionals to pay more taxes to support the poor.

It's the very definition of a mature society and Christianity.
Wrong. You lefties are confusing the government with the church.

Nope. It's just that you right wingers are so fond of spouting about your claimed moral superiority. Of course, I can see how that might be a problem with our current president.
Christians ARE superior to you filthy heathen. Jesus never taught people to depend on the government to meet their needs. You're confused.

DUH

Liberal Dictionary:
=========================
Independent - liberal
moderate - liberal
pragmatist - liberal

I'm trying to understand your point. Are you saying the only viable options are a full lockdown or no restrictions whatsoever?

I'd say listen to the people who have the experience dealing with disease control and follow their protocol to a T -
While that’s fairly reasonable advice, there are some questions about it.
Are those people with the experience all agreeing on the best course of action?
Do those people have experience with the measures being used? What’s been going on seems pretty unprecedented
Is the best way to fight the disease the only consideration? The best way to fight the disease might be a full lockdown for 6 months...but that would likely destroy the country, so it’s obviously not a viable option.

I don’t think this is a situation with simple, cut and dried answers

Despite the constant increase in Covid 19 virus, cases, Greg Abbot thinks it is more important to bow to Trump and open the state for business as usual than it is to listen to the experts and wait until infection rates start to fall. How many more will unnecessarily die just so Abbot can get his brownie points from Trump?
View attachment 331667
View attachment 331665
A better question is how many families are you willing to bankrupt so that the economy doesn't look good going into the Fall election? Do any of you liberals care about those people? They don't have any money. They have bills to pay. They need to feed their families. But you want to keep the nation closed down for as long as you can to make Trump look bad!

Those States that are opening back up now? They're going to be the ones who's economy bounces back the quickest. States like Michigan? With a Governor that wants to string this out for as long as she can? People that live there are FUCKED!!! See how that translates come November. Why would you vote for people that put politics above people?
Liberals love the poor...It's the very definition of being a Liberal.
Then the Liberals try to get professionals to pay more taxes to support the poor.

It's the very definition of a mature society and Christianity.
Wrong. You lefties are confusing the government with the church.

Nope. It's just that you right wingers are so fond of spouting about your claimed moral superiority. Of course, I can see how that might be a problem with our current president.
Christians ARE superior to you filthy heathen. Jesus never taught people to depend on the government to meet their needs. You're confused.
RQYF8iw.png

View attachment 331667
View attachment 331665
Such BULLSHIT

We're witnessing the biggest fabrication in world history.

The Texas governor removed safety precautions despite experts advising him to wait. What part of that is fabricated?
These the same experts who told us we would have 2.2 MILLION dead?

With no response, we might have.
So you agree Trump saved over 2 million lives.

View attachment 331667
View attachment 331665

So, what percentage of those diagnoses resulted in death?

Or are we conveniently leaving out that part?

He is leaving out the part where experts say we should wait till infection rates fall. Sorry, but you just don't have the credibility of the people who actually know what they are talking about.
There are experts who say just the opposite, also. Just depends on the political leanings of the "experts" I guess.

View attachment 331667
View attachment 331665
Such BULLSHIT

We're witnessing the biggest fabrication in world history.

The Texas governor removed safety precautions despite experts advising him to wait. What part of that is fabricated?
These the same experts who told us we would have 2.2 MILLION dead?

With no response, we might have.
So you agree Trump saved over 2 million lives.

we can tally death totals after this virus passes - until then its irrelevant -

as usual -

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

View attachment 331667
View attachment 331665
Hey BULLDOG Cuomo is opening up the Death Capital Of The World this month. I guess you will be outraged over that as well, right? :abgg2q.jpg:

View attachment 331667
View attachment 331665

Our governor shutdown 3 counties at the beginning of March. I live in one of those counties. He shutdown the state a couple weeks later. He just announced the state is still shutdown until the end of May. With the reopening coming in four stages. The state being fully open by the end of the month.

I hope it doesn't cause another outbreak.

Wish I could trade you, my state is locked down until July 7th.

View attachment 331667
View attachment 331665
Hey BULLDOG Cuomo is opening up the Death Capital Of The World this month. I guess you will be outraged over that as well, right? :abgg2q.jpg:

He'll be starting the "New York-governor-doesn't-care-how-many-die" thread any moment now.

View attachment 331667
View attachment 331665

A better question is how many families are you willing to bankrupt so that the economy doesn't look good going into the Fall election?
Forget the fact that the entire world is doing the same thing and not just to make trump look bad and realize the economy is already fucked going into the fall and will remain so long after.

There is no quick recovery for either the virus or the economy.
I never claimed there would be a quick recovery from either. I'm simply pointing out that people NEED to go back to work or THEY will be fucked! That's not even open for debate. We can't sustain what we've done for the past month. It's not economically feasible.
You claimed it was to make Trump look bad, liar.
Explain to me why Republican Governors are opening faster than Democratic ones are, Hutch? Then explain to those people in Democratically controlled States why THEY'RE not going to have a job because their leaders aren't doing the same thing!

Explain to me why Republican Governors are opening faster than Democratic ones are, Hutch? Then explain to those people in Democratically controlled States why THEY'RE not going to have a job because their leaders aren't doing the same thing!

Because the Republicans are more concerned with the economy than with those that will die as a result of opening too soon. You just made that clear in your post.

So we're supposed to keep states shut down even though most of those dying with Coronavirus already had one foot in the grave?
Old and Sick Lives Don't Matter

I thought "all lives matter".
What happened?
You thought? First time for everything. Congratulations.
Couldn't touch it I see. Loser.
Touch it? Are you hitting on me? Weird and gross.
Still nothing, loser?

Democrats don't care how many middle class citizens lose their livelyhood and have to go on welfare or freaking starve. It's all about politics.

No, it's not about politics. Trump and his supporters want to make it about that, but the experts disagree.
For conservatives it is about politics, of course.

Rightists know that with the economy in recession and millions of Americans out of work Trump will likely lose reelection, Republicans will likely lose the Senate, and the GOP will take a beating in down-ballot elections.

Conservatives will do anything to avoid this, including jeopardizing the health and lives of Americans, Abbot’s reckless, irresponsible ‘reopening’ being one of far too many examples.

But of course Cuomo and de Blobio did everything right ?

Like Cuomo FORCING nursing homes that had zero cases of the virus, to accept Covid patients, which right away was spread to the elderly residents.

Or like Cuomo and de Blobio NOT closing down the subway system, which according to an MIT study, "seeded" the collosal outbreak in New York.

Of course the likes of you will never point these out.

Forum List

Back