Thank God for our RIGHT to keep and bear arms

What, exactly, do you suppose all this means?
It means there's plenty of room under the 2ND to regulate the type of guns, gun sales and gun ownership. According to the most conservative justice on the court at the time.
Like what, specifically?
Note the 2nd use of the word 'specific".
Do you mean "exactly"?
It means what I said it means. Now if you have something to add then feel free. But I'm not playing word games.
So, you -cannot- tell us what specific regulations on the right to arms are (supposedly) constitutionally permissible by the paragraph you cite.
Thank you .

Can you own a nuke, yes or no? It's an arm, right?
That shuts them up every time...
:lol:
Only the people who think nuclear weapons are firearms.
The rest of us? Not so much.
Nothing in any of that nonsense negates the fact that the 2nd protects any firearm suitable for any of the traditionally legal purposes for same.
It says, Bear Arms, not guns. Now what?
The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER
Nothing in any of that nonsense negates the fact that the 2nd protects any firearm suitable for any of the traditionally legal purposes for same.
It does not say Firearm. It says, Bear Arms.
The term as used in the 2nd has a legal definition - why do you choose to be ignorant of this?

Nothing in any of that nonsense negates the fact that the 2nd protects any firearm suitable for any of the traditionally legal purposes for same

Rabid beasts? Most women who are raped, for example, know who is raping them, 3 out of 4 times. Explain how the gun was supposed to help them then? Self defense training might help but a gun? No.

You know....a gun stops even people you know.....like a husband on a restraining order...or the guy on your date who won't take no for an answer......funny how they will listen to the loaded gun pointed at them......

Why is it that you guys think women can't use a gun effectively.......is it simply because as a left wing nutter, rape and sexual abuse of women is kind of a perk for you guys? And if we let women have guns....they won't just "let it happen?"
Women don't shoot men they know, and men they know know where they keep their guns.

A gun is not defense, it's offense.

And here is actual research....

And here we have studies that show that guns are the most effective way to stop a rape.....
Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

A woman using a gun is less likely to be raped and more likely to not be injured during the attack....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.
Women are mostly raped by family members, boyfriends, and men they know. They would almost never shoot, and it would be too late regardless.

You are thinking of the guy who jumps out of the bushes, and they'll never see him coming. That is a very small number of rape cases and the best defense is self defense, not a gun.

Come on.....you have to be brain...this is the exact same stupid argument he makes.........

I used to teach self defense moron........reality, as well as the actual research show that guns are the best tool to stop a rape...especially stranger rape....
Stranger rape is one of four. For three of four women, a gun is useless. Just because people feel a gun might stop a rape doesn't mean it will.

Women don't shoot their family members or boyfriends. Most won't even shoot a stranger let alone a man they know and it's men they know who rape them.

That's a great start. Now if we could do that nationwide we would be like Australia and have almost no gun deaths

I inform Candy that guns are banned in Chicago (because, as usual, she doesn't know). I then add a link showing 43 people shot just over one weekend alone (Mother's Day no less) and 20 some killed. Her response? "That's a great start. Now if we could just do that nationwide".

You can't make this stuff up folks. She's happy about people being shot and killed and wants it to be "nationwide".

The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER
It does not say Firearm. It says, Bear Arms.
The term as used in the 2nd has a legal definition - why do you choose to be ignorant of this?

Nothing in any of that nonsense negates the fact that the 2nd protects any firearm suitable for any of the traditionally legal purposes for same
Where does the Constitution say "gun"?

Can you own a nuke, yes or no? It's an arm, right?
Guns are arms genius. So are bombs. Grenades. RPG's. Tanks.

Is there a liberal that has ever passed 2nd grade reading? Either they are pathological liars or they are completely illiterate. I'm guess a lot of both.

Women don't shoot their family members or boyfriends. Most won't even shoot a stranger let alone a man they know and it's men they know who rape them.

Yeah....you're right. They all just sit back and enjoy a good raping. Idiot.

Any rational, normal woman (i.e. anyone not a liberal) would absolutely shoot a family member, boyfriend, etc. if that person had a knife to their throat and was attempting to rape them.

And it's really easy to take your wife and daughters to the range and practice. It can actually be a lot of fun. It can be done, and is being done. I see it all the time these days.

Help them become comfortable and confident with the firearms. It's very important, because you don't want a terrible incident to be the first time they handle the firearms. You want them to be proficient by then. So, get out and shoot. It's fun. Enjoy.

The next time you say something intelligent will be the first time you've ever said anything intelligent. Just because you're afraid of an inanimate object, you want to try to convince people that you know exactly what a woman who is about to be raped will do.

You sound like the worst minsogynst pig ever. "I'm afraid of guns, so I'll just tell everyone that women enjoy a good raping, especially if it is by someone they know". Idiot.

Country? How about year? I live in 2016, not 1816.

Yeah...I also live in 2016, not 1816, so you need to shut the hell up right now. After all, the Constitution never granted you 1st Amendment rights over the internet. :cuckoo:
That you got right. It doesn't.
So then wh don't you shut up? You just admitted to violating the law? Shut down your computer and don't you dare share your opinions over it ever again.

I'm willing to bet this jackass isn't even an American citizen. Lol. I hope our citizens are not that ignorant.
One of Joe's socks is unaccounted-for.

Rabid beasts? Most women who are raped, for example, know who is raping them, 3 out of 4 times. Explain how the gun was supposed to help them then? Self defense training might help but a gun? No.

Explain how a gun is supposed to help them? Ok stupid. They pick the gun up and point it at their attacker. The person freezes in their tracks in most cases. She calls the police. Gun saved the day again. Or, the attacker keeps going, she shoots and kills him. Gun saved the day again.

Would you like to keep playing?

Country? How about year? I live in 2016, not 1816.

Yeah...I also live in 2016, not 1816, so you need to shut the hell up right now. After all, the Constitution never granted you 1st Amendment rights over the internet. :cuckoo:
So then wh don't you shut up? You just admitted to violating the law? Shut down your computer and don't you dare share your opinions over it ever again.

I'm willing to bet this jackass isn't even an American citizen. Lol. I hope our citizens are not that ignorant.
Exactly! I'm amazed at how many idiot foreigners feel the need to jump in on American politics when they are completely clueless about our Constitution, our rights, and our structure of government (just like American liberals :lol:)

Puddles, you are a moron. The right to do something and the ability to are two different things. I can post here but I have no constitutional right to.

You are the moron here, since we actually DO have a constitutional right to own and even carry weapons. Lol.
You have a limited right, and that will go away eventually.
And we will meekly give up our firearms.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

And it's really easy to take your wife and daughters to the range and practice. It can actually be a lot of fun. It can be done, and is being done. I see it all the time these days.

Help them become comfortable and confident with the firearms. It's very important, because you don't want a terrible incident to be the first time they handle the firearms. You want them to be proficient by then. So, get out and shoot. It's fun. Enjoy.
Go to range and learn gun. Check.
Go to apartment and put gun in bedside table. Check.
Go to party at college with girlfriend. Check.
Drink too much with guy I really like. Check.
Pass out and get raped by same guy. Check.

Yeah, the gun was a big fucking help.

A gun is not a defensive weapon. It never was.

Go to a self defense and stop trying to cheat by packing heat.

Bwahahahahahaha!!! Then why does law enforcement carry guns? Because they are paid to kill people? Because law enforcement is offensive?!? :lmao:

What a stupid thing to say.... :slap:
Law enforcement doesn't need guns, especially when no one has any.

Really, so how are you going to make it so nobody has a gun? Care to give us some examples?
He's going to door to door and forcefully demand you give him your firearms.

Puddles, you are a moron. The right to do something and the ability to are two different things. I can post here but I have no constitutional right to.

You are the moron here, since we actually DO have a constitutional right to own and even carry weapons. Lol.
You have a limited right, and that will go away eventually.
And we will meekly give up our firearms.:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Why would anyone think that?

Your gun versus their tank. GLWT.

A gun is not a defensive weapon. It never was.

Go to a self defense and stop trying to cheat by packing heat.

Bwahahahahahaha!!! Then why does law enforcement carry guns? Because they are paid to kill people? Because law enforcement is offensive?!? :lmao:

What a stupid thing to say.... :slap:
Law enforcement doesn't need guns, especially when no one has any.

Really, so how are you going to make it so nobody has a gun? Care to give us some examples?
He's going to door to door and forcefully demand you give him your firearms.
Unnecessary.

Got to party at college with girlfriend. Check.
Drink too much with guy I really like. Check.
Pass out and get raped by same guy. Check.

Yeah, the gun was a big fucking help.

But that's what liberals do. Get drunk and take drugs. Conservatives don't do that. So it's not a problem.

Forum List

Back