Thank you for the 47 percent increase in my health care rate

Get back to us in 2014 when the whole thing kicks in there sparky.

Let us know if your rates go up because they sure as hell won't be going down.

Under Bush, health care rates were skyrocketing. The number one cause of bankruptcy are medical bills. Republicans call that a "great system". Course, many Republicans rely on "emergency rooms" because they don't have health care.

My most recent monthly health insurance bill went up 47 percent. Thanks again, Obama and all you liberal a-holes who support the madness.

The ACA doesn't kick in until next year dumbass, your insurance company is screwing you over.

My most recent monthly health insurance bill went up 47 percent. Thanks again, Obama and all you liberal a-holes who support the madness.

The ACA doesn't kick in until next year dumbass, your insurance company is screwing you over.

{GASP} What?!? Blame the insurance companies for what they are doing? Nope, can't do that. Much easier to blame the President.

But when it happened during Bush II's time, it was blamed on him.. now it is not being blamed on Obamalama??

Mine has raised too.. but not 47%.. the insurance companies are preparing to get hit with their raised fees and taxes that come with Obamacare

The increase is not a bug, it's a feature of Obamacare. The Obama Administration's goal is to destroy private health insurance so that they can push nationalized health care as the only plausible solution. It's not; but the government sponsored media will push the approved narrative on the gullible low information voters who still get their "news" from them.

....More-commonly-referred-to as....

....bu$ine$$-a$-u$ual!!

BILL MOYERS: You told Congress that the industry has hijacked our health care system and turned it into a giant ATM for Wall Street. You said, "I saw how they confuse their customers and dump the sick, all so they can satisfy their Wall Street investors." How do they satisfy their Wall Street investors?

WENDELL POTTER: Well, there's a measure of profitability that investors look to, and it's called a medical loss ratio. And it's unique to the health insurance industry. And by medical loss ratio, I mean that it's a measure that tells investors or anyone else how much of a premium dollar is used by the insurance company to actually pay medical claims. And that has been shrinking, over the years, since the industry's been dominated by, or become dominated by for-profit insurance companies. Back in the early '90s, or back during the time that the Clinton plan was being debated, 95 cents out of every dollar was sent, you know, on average was used by the insurance companies to pay claims. Last year, it was down to just slightly above 80 percent.

So, investors want that to keep shrinking. And if they see that an insurance company has not done what they think meets their expectations with the medical loss ratio, they'll punish them. Investors will start leaving in droves.

I've seen a company stock price fall 20 percent in a single day, when it did not meet Wall Street's expectations with this medical loss ratio.

For example, if one company's medical loss ratio was 77.9 percent, for example, in one quarter, and the next quarter, it was 78.2 percent. It seems like a small movement. But investors will think that's ridiculous. And it's horrible."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwX_soZ1GI]BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Wendell Potter | PBS - YouTube[/ame]​

Under Bush, health care rates were skyrocketing. The number one cause of bankruptcy are medical bills. Republicans call that a "great system". Course, many Republicans rely on "emergency rooms" because they don't have health care.

Can you point to a 47 percent health increase? BTW, this isn't made up-shit. I filed a complaint with the DOI. They called back ans stated that they won't rescind the rate increase and they're holding a press conference about it in LA on Thursday.

Don't worry. Under the ACA we taxpayers will be pay.... OOPs subsidizing all those who can't pay for their own care. Hope everyone has deep pockets cause we are gonna need em.

Twenty one tax increases in the ACA. Doubt its gonna be affordable for all.

Looking for a handout moocher?

Shut the fuck up dick face.

What ever happened to personal responsiblity? You don't like your rate ....go find a better one

You can always fall back on the GOP plan..........Let em die

Who said I'm not going to switch plans? What happened to your state controlled fairness, though? In CA, the DOI has the authority to regulate/rescind rates. If you think 47 perecent increases are fair and reasonable then you have no clue about life in general.

Not even a pain pill...just ASPIRIN.

Shut the fuck up dick face.

What ever happened to personal responsiblity? You don't like your rate ....go find a better one

You can always fall back on the GOP plan..........Let em die

Who said I'm not going to switch plans? What happened to your state controlled fairness, though? In CA, the DOI has the authority to regulate/rescind rates. If you think 47 perecent increases are fair and reasonable then you have no clue about life in general.

He's probably on Medicaid, so wtf? Everything's free!

Forum List

Back