Thanks A Lot Cheapskates- Now We All Pay For Carry-On Bags

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
That's right. Because you cheap SOB's thought you were smarter than the airlines. When they started charging $25 a bag, you morons started clogging the isles withe roller board bags waiting for that magic moment when you get to cram your bag in the overhead crushing my glasses in my backpack. That's right, I refuse to put 'smaller items under my feet'. But I digress........

Now, United is the first airline to start charging for carry on bags.

Thanks for screwing it up for all of us.....

-Geaux
--------

The skies aren’t so friendly if you’re on a budget. United announced Tuesday that it’s charging its lowest-fare passengers to use the overhead bins.

You read that right — the airline's new "Basic Economy" fares will price gouge customers for one of the few midair perks we have left: bringing a carry-on bag in lieu of the added cost and hassle of checking a suitcase.

Oh yes they did: United to start charging passengers to use the overhead bins

They're doing it because they're greedy fuckers.

They make billions from these fees, which have become a significant portion of their revenue and likely figure people are desensitized to these existing fees to the point that they won't change their behavior because of it.

I go to the bahamas annually, and fly to an out island, which is only served by united. The fucking bastards already already don't consider that international so they can fuck you on an additional bag charge. Last year they started charging a fishing rod case and tackle bag as 2 items, when they used to be 1, so they could stuff it up your ass on another.

Bottom line, they rake in billions on these and will push it as far as they can without people changing their behavior. The others will likely follow suit and this will become the norm if they realize they can get away with it.

They make billions from these fees, which have become a significant portion of their revenue and likely figure people are desensitized to these existing fees to the point that they won't change their behavior because of it.

I go to the bahamas annually, and fly to an out island, which is only served by united. The fucking bastards already already don't consider that international so they can fuck you on an additional bag charge. Last year they started charging a fishing rod case and tackle bag as 2 items, when they used to be 1, so they could stuff it up your ass on another.

Bottom line, they rake in billions on these and will push it as far as they can without people changing their behavior. The others will likely follow suit and this will become the norm if they realize they can get away with it.

Yep- But as long as you solicit their service there will be no change. Your demand drives the cost. If people quit paying for the service, it will die

-Geaux

Yep- But as long as you solicit their service there will be no change. Your demand drives the cost. If people quit paying for the service, it will die

-Geaux

Yep, if they get away with it, they'll continue.

As indicated they're literally the only option to this out island or I would definitely shop.

I wouldn't be at all surprised either to find collusion between the majors on this type of thing...

-Geaux

Yep, if they get away with it, they'll continue.

As indicated they're literally the only option to this out island or I would definitely shop.

I wouldn't be at all surprised either to find collusion between the majors on this type of thing...

Sounds like a good business opportunity for a start-up airline. Undercut United and they will change

-Geaux

Forum List

Back