Thanks to Reaganomics 80 Percent...

...Of U.S. Adults Face Near-Poverty, Unemployment

When Reagan left office, the top tax rate was 28% and unemployment was 5.3%.

Now the top tax rate is more than 40% higher, and the unemployment rate is more than 40% higher. Why is the current situation Reagan's fault?

Now the top tax rate is more than 40% higher, and the unemployment rate is more than 40% higher. Why is the current situation Reagan's fault?

Because...uh...uh...uh...you just SHUT UP!

5 years of Obama and can you get me that list of Bush era repeals? If you like I'll get you the list of Bush era polices Obama expanded, hell from the Patriot act, bush era tax cuts to Afghanistan to bailing out the rich. If you wana do this I'll be glad to own the ever living shit out of you, no doubt you won't accept reality, but I'll still be right and you will remain the lying hater you are.

Obama really only had two years, before the GOP got ahold of power in the House, and started doing damage...again.

The Dems need eight years at least of unified power in DC to undo the damage done since the GOP's ascendancy in 1980 when the actor from Bedtime For Bonzo was elected.

The GOP has been making mistakes in domestic and foreign policy from 1980 to now, with brief pauses from 1993 to 1995 and then again from 2009 to 2011, when progress was made without the "We miss the 1950s" idiots of the GOP in the way of progress.

Let's see...the Dems had complete power the last 2 years of Bush, the the first two years of OBarry. Thats 4 years. What do we have to show for it? A stupid healthcare bill that was passed WITHOUT ONE REPUBLICAN VOTE and will never see the light of day.

Imagine what those peckerheads might have screwed up if they were STILL in power. :cuckoo:

The Democrats had complete power during the last two years of the Bush administration? Um, wha?????????????????????????????????? If the Dems don't control the White House too, then how do they have complete power? Seriously, you are an idiot. Stop posting. It's too embarrassing.

#30-Make the bloated rich a little less rich, maybe- try not to get hysterical. LOL

Voodoo wrecked and IS WRECKING the nonrich to the point where demand for products and services has dried up, along with their savings...before the corruption and cronyism housing and credit meltdown of 2008...

Memorize the facts, hater dupes:
1. WORKERS past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.
But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):
1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%
A 13% drop since 1980
2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.
Share of National Income going to Top 10%:
1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50% TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.
Household Debt as percentage of GDP:
1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%
An increase of 16% since Reagan.
3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.
The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.
1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 5.6 times increase.
6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.
The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:
1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%
A 10% Decrease.
Links:
1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – Congratulations to Emmanuel Saez | The White House
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb...able=58&Freq=Qtr&FirstYear=2008&LastYear=2010
4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = FRB: Z.1 Release--Financial Accounts of the United States--June 6, 2013
5/6 = Wealth And Inequality In America - Business Insider

I am so sorry Fransco. :( I'm slowly learning of this cluster fuck and I don't like it.:evil: Sure hope we can turn this around.

It's his fault because Reaganomics and chickenhawk arrogance is a disaster, and W was his legacy, along with Rush Seanbeck- A catastrophe, and you are prime examples. TYVM.

Last edited:
Obama had a vetoproof majority, passed Dodd Frank, Obamacare and the Failed Stimulus, but Reagan stopped him from raising taxes.

Progduppe Reactionary Haters

He never wanted to raise taxes on the rich until 2013, and Dems lost control when Scott Brown was seated 2/2010. They didn't get control until 7/7/2009, Franken finally seated...

Reagan hasn't been president since January 1989, so your blame is misplaced.

Obama, on the other hand, has been in office since January 2008.

The OP is full of it. Hell, what's next? Blame Eisenhower for the war in Afghanistan?

I actually did quite well with Ronnie in office. Of course, I have never laid the blame OR the credit of the office of president. None of those clowns have ever done a damned thing for me.

Whether I did well or badly, it was all on ME.

I guess the only thing I can look to former presidents to is JFK and Clinton, for turning the WH into a Whore House.
^^ This.

Thread Killa!

and RR tripled the debt and left the S+L bubble. Great job!

And won the Cold War. Great job!
Obama hasn't won squat, but he has managed to add over $6 trillion to the debt, in less than 5 years. Weak job.

Always Pub dupes' last stand on RR...Actually, Gorby ended the USSR, and we're lucky Ronnie Raygun's BS bluster, arrogance, and baiting didn't bring back their hard liners....

Costs money to avert a Pub Depression, and keep the victims from homelessness and starvation...

He never wanted to raise taxes on the rich until 2013, and Dems lost control when Scott Brown was seated 2/2010. They didn't get control until 7/7/2009, Franken finally seated...

How'd they pass Obamacare, the Stimulus and Dodd Frank, Progduppe?

Why didn't Obama raise taxes to 70% to help the economy?

Last edited:
and RR tripled the debt and left the S+L bubble. Great job!

And won the Cold War. Great job!
Obama hasn't won squat, but he has managed to add over $6 trillion to the debt, in less than 5 years. Weak job.

Always Pub dupes' last stand on RR...Actually, Gorby ended the USSR, and we're lucky Ronnie Raygun's BS bluster, arrogance, and baiting didn't bring back their hard liners....

Costs money to avert a Pub Depression, and keep the victims from homelessness and starvation...

Gorby quit because he knew he couldn't keep up.

For the billionth time, we still have Reagan's TAX RATES- the top rate was 70% or so until RR...the lower fed rates are made up with higher state, local, payroll taxes and FEES that KILL the nonrich, and HAVE. Der.

#56- It's clear you can't read...For example, payroll taxes are now more than fed income taxes, and dupes go on about the 47% who pay no taxes...derp.

Last edited:

It isn't, of course!

And so many Americans are completely unemployed, and some are claimed to be "working" when actually, they are working less than 20 hours a week at jobs on the bottom of the pay scale.

We were better off with Reagan! imho.

Forum List

Back