That is interesting

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
Joe Kerman just quoted a statistic that in the Obabble era, more people have gone on disability than have joined the workforce.

Well of course. When finding a job is impossible, you'll do anything it takes to get an income. Working is still the first choice, but it reaches a point where you have to pursue other options.

Joe Kerman just quoted a statistic that in the Obabble era, more people have gone on disability than have joined the workforce.

Couldn't have anything to do with the Baby Boom generation aging, could it? You going to blame that on Obama too? :eusa_eh:

Go to Minot ND...plenty of jobs there.

Are you suggesting an, at least, three tiered jobs program?

1) Steam dirty oil out of the North Dakota tar sands muck, then
2) Rebuild coastal cities, and
3) Increase exponentially, the size of our health care industry

There's more but I have to catch my breath before I... huff-huff, continue.

... more people have gone on disability than have joined the workforce.

did you forget the link - or ...

makes little sense there are more people on DISABILITY than working - maybe the medical community has a stake in welfare kickbacks ????

Couldn't have anything to do with the Baby Boom generation aging, could it? You going to blame that on Obama too? :eusa_eh:

There are two valid arguments going on here. The first is that we are losing 10,000 workers to retirement every single day. The second is that not enough young people are stepping in to replace those retirees; many of these jobs are just ceasing to exist resulting in a drop in total employment.

Now, the good news is that while young people are having trouble finding work, this is going to change. An awful lot of these kids are living at home with Mom and Dad, or they're just struggling to keep a roof over their own head. They are overburdened with massive student loan debt, and the story goes on and on. The worst thing is that they are putting off getting married and starting their own families. Now to the good news; pretty soon they are going to begin starting their own families. They can't wait forever, and they're not going to just decide against it all together. They've put it off, but it can't be put off forever. What we have is a group of about 75 million, who are between the ages of twenty and thirty-five who are going to start having families of their own very soon. When they do, they are going to need more cars, more houses and bigger houses, more furniture, more baby clothes, more diapers, and on and on. What we will see is a very big increase in demand for more products and services. This will force employers into expansion which will create new jobs.

The reason the economy is not growing is that while we are losing all these workers to retirement, young people have not yet begun to step in and replace the lost demand for those products and services that current retirees provided for the past thirty years. But it is coming, and no matter what we do it can't be stopped. Some may say I'm full of it and it's not going to happen, but I see our economy heading into hyper-drive in the next five to ten years, regardless of who is running the show politically or what they do or don't do to try to fuck it all up. We're going to see a population explosion and an economic boom like we haven't seen since the 90's.

NEVER NEVER NEVER take the words of a con on face value.

LINK???????

Forum List

Back