That was the Awfullest speech I've ever heard a Pres make

He had to have an excuse for not going to the Correspondents' Dinner.
-------------------------------------- Trump has the Freedom to attend any event that he likes , no ones business but his business .

Sorry, but the business of the POTUS is OUR business. He's not an exec in a privately held company anymore. You need to get that through your incredibly thick skull just as he does.
-------------------------------------------- Trump has the FREEDOM to attend any event that he likes '2020' , he didn't want to attend the elites media dinner as he preferred spending his time with his American supporters '2020' .
Like he gives a shit about his supporters?
Heck, his proposed atrocious tax bill, his defunct health care bill, and his plan to send other people's children off to fight for the military industrial complex shows how much he cares.
---------------------------------------------------- i approve of all of that and woulda been at the Rally if it wasn't so far away JQP !!
Then i take it you have personally taken all of your 19 to 30 year old loved ones down to the local recruiter as military offerings to your elected god.?

Last night's speech by Trump at his 100 Day Rally in Pennsylvania was truly stirring, but not in a good way. It was not only disappointing, it was frightening. As one CNN guest, a former governor, put it, "I feel like I need a shower."

Why was this one so bad, when I've watched so many others of his without feeling the need to growl at the television set like I did last night? It wasn't because I've lost my ability to listen to another's point of view. It wasn't that I've turned into a partisan froot loop who will automatically criticize everything the man says or does. It was because:

• During his rambling prelude, giving a 10 minute perfunctory slamming of the press, he wore the smug, self satisfied smirk of a bully safe in his position that would lead most parents to say "Wipe that smirk off your face or I'll wipe it off for you."

• He spent a great deal of time deftly conflating the genuine concerns about MS-13 with all illegal immigrants and then to frost the cake, he read that damned "The Snake."

• He did spend a few minutes talking about his accomplishments in the first 100 days, but then spent the rest of the speech giving the exact same campaign promises that he has not actually been able to take the first steps toward. Last I knew, ISIS is no more "on the run" than it was at the end of Obama's term. Economic growth this quarter was .7%. When he mentioned the Wall, it was to say "Don't worry--we'll have a Wall." How? Since you just took it off the spending bill because Congress won't fund it? Yadda, yadda, yadda. He's making us safe, making us prosperous, making us GREAT.
Tbh, what bothered me the most was the way the crowd was reacting with their chanting on demand at the end of each of his pronouncements like a brainwashed proletariat. I was reminded of watching the NK parade--everyone in the crowd chanting exactly what the Boss wants to hear. That was actually the creepiest, most frightening part, what we seem to be turning into.

That was not a president's speech. It was the ill tempered rant of a man who smugly feels he can get away with anything, and who continues to ignore or demean the 60% of the country that doesn't approve of the job he's doing. It was mostly an old recycled stump speech from his glory days of the campaign, when any hollow promise goes.

Very disappointing all around and like I said, it gave me the creeps.

Trump's entire speech on 100th day - CNN Video

You can't even spell "most awful" correctly on your title and are criticizing speeches made by beacons of competence.

Rich!

And of course CNN finds every Trump speech a horror story. They are the Clinton News Network, after all.

Having the rally itself shows what a whiny little insecure bitch he is. He'll do anything for the feeling of people liking him.

He can't seem to shift from campaigning to governance.

He also has not made any attempts to reach out beyond his base - his "rallies" and speeches are all about rallying his base and only his base rather than reaching out to other republicans, to Democrats, to people he will need if he's going to have legislative accomplishments.
Obama never stopped campaigning. I guess you never learned that presidents have to campaign 24/7/365 now, because they can't just talk to congress directly anymore. They always have to threaten them from the Bully Pulpit.

Yes and no. Obama spent a lot of time stumping for specific initiatives and legislation - for the ACA etc. And also supporting other candidates in his party. That's what they should do. But is that what Trump is doing? How much time did he spend going around the country selling his new healthcare bill? Or tax reform? It's not like a CEO in a private company - where you just do what you want. You have to convince the public and your political peers. Has Trump been doing that or - just playing to his base? Because his base isn't enough to get his initiatives passed or to gain wide public support for them, and he's going to need that for the kind of sweeping changes he seems to invision.

I didn't hear a lot of misinformation. The mask was off, though, and the mean-spirited side of the man was out in full force. And WHAT is with the crowd? It was scary.

The crowd was patriotic Americans.

Something that a noodle spined semi-communist Canadian like you will never understand or be able to appreciate.
You're mixing me up with someone else. Patriotic Americans I know cheer, whistle, applaud. They salute the flag, join the service in times of war or run for office if they see a need in their community. They don't turn into mindless robots chanting mindless slogans while listening to a canned speech they already know by heart.

Sorry, I thought you were Dragonlady.

Nonetheless, President Trump's speech in Pennsylvania was a resounding success. Attending the loser convention aka correspondents dinner would have been nothing but a waste of time,

As far as results - there are 1360 more days in his first term .

And 1460 more days in his second term.

It took Obama 2960 days NOT to close Gitmo.

Patience, patience.
I guess maybe I didn't make it clear in my OP, but my problem is not with the conservative agenda, but with the man. We should not conflate the two. I don't agree with all the conservative agenda, but what I am having a little gut level reaction to this morning is the smugness and the propaganda hype bulloney instead of thoughtful intelligent speech to ALL the American people. I don't rush to seek out Trump's interviews or addresses anymore, but I thought a 100 Day Rally by the sitting President deserved an hour of my time. Maybe I need to start building a bit of a bubble there, like Care4All. Or maybe I shouldn't--should remain informed. I don't know. It troubled me.

There is a difference between the person and the political agenda. The two are different. I disagree with the agenda but it's not much different then the platform other republicans have run on. But I don't like what I've seen in the man.

-------------------------------------- Trump has the Freedom to attend any event that he likes , no ones business but his business .

Sorry, but the business of the POTUS is OUR business. He's not an exec in a privately held company anymore. You need to get that through your incredibly thick skull just as he does.
-------------------------------------------- Trump has the FREEDOM to attend any event that he likes '2020' , he didn't want to attend the elites media dinner as he preferred spending his time with his American supporters '2020' .
Heck, his proposed atrocious tax bill, his defunct health care bill, and his plan to send other people's children off to fight for the military industrial complex shows how much he cares.
---------------------------------------------------- i approve of all of that and woulda been at the Rally if it wasn't so far away JQP !!
Then i take it you have personally taken all of your 19 to 30 year old loved ones down to the local recruiter as military offerings to your elected god.?
------------------------------------- take it anyway you like but if you have young people [kiddos] you might want to start getting them ready for the 'norks' and iran that mrobama and other administration have allowed to prosper and build themselves up JQP !!

Trump's lies have become the gospels of his poor bed bug ridden congregants. I just didn't realize how many of them there are.

Neither did Hillary.
lol.gif
Well, Hillary had more of the popular vote, but she had distribution problems due to the
Electoral College. Don't ever suggest that most Americans are Trump supporters. Most Americans are part of a much higher class.

Last night's speech by Trump at his 100 Day Rally in Pennsylvania was truly stirring, but not in a good way. It was not only disappointing, it was frightening. As one CNN guest, a former governor, put it, "I feel like I need a shower."

Why was this one so bad, when I've watched so many others of his without feeling the need to growl at the television set like I did last night? It wasn't because I've lost my ability to listen to another's point of view. It wasn't that I've turned into a partisan froot loop who will automatically criticize everything the man says or does. It was because:

• During his rambling prelude, giving a 10 minute perfunctory slamming of the press, he wore the smug, self satisfied smirk of a bully safe in his position that would lead most parents to say "Wipe that smirk off your face or I'll wipe it off for you."

• He spent a great deal of time deftly conflating the genuine concerns about MS-13 with all illegal immigrants and then to frost the cake, he read that damned "The Snake."

• He did spend a few minutes talking about his accomplishments in the first 100 days, but then spent the rest of the speech giving the exact same campaign promises that he has not actually been able to take the first steps toward. Last I knew, ISIS is no more "on the run" than it was at the end of Obama's term. Economic growth this quarter was .7%. When he mentioned the Wall, it was to say "Don't worry--we'll have a Wall." How? Since you just took it off the spending bill because Congress won't fund it? Yadda, yadda, yadda. He's making us safe, making us prosperous, making us GREAT.
Tbh, what bothered me the most was the way the crowd was reacting with their chanting on demand at the end of each of his pronouncements like a brainwashed proletariat. I was reminded of watching the NK parade--everyone in the crowd chanting exactly what the Boss wants to hear. That was actually the creepiest, most frightening part, what we seem to be turning into.

That was not a president's speech. It was the ill tempered rant of a man who smugly feels he can get away with anything, and who continues to ignore or demean the 60% of the country that doesn't approve of the job he's doing. It was mostly an old recycled stump speech from his glory days of the campaign, when any hollow promise goes.

I didn't watch it. It's enough to know that it pissed off the press and liberals.
I'm kind of surprised that so many of his supporters here seem not to have watched it. Why not? Well, anyway, the link is in the OP if you feel so impelled.

Something that a noodle spined semi-communist Canadian like you will never understand or be able to appreciate.
You're mixing me up with someone else. Patriotic Americans I know cheer, whistle, applaud. They salute the flag, join the service in times of war or run for office if they see a need in their community. They don't turn into mindless robots chanting mindless slogans while listening to a canned speech they already know by heart.

Nonetheless, President Trump's speech in Pennsylvania was a resounding success. Attending the loser convention aka correspondents dinner would have been nothing but a waste of time,

Patience, patience.
I guess maybe I didn't make it clear in my OP, but my problem is not with the conservative agenda, but with the man. We should not conflate the two. I don't agree with all the conservative agenda, but what I am having a little gut level reaction to this morning is the smugness and the propaganda hype bulloney instead of thoughtful intelligent speech to ALL the American people. I don't rush to seek out Trump's interviews or addresses anymore, but I thought a 100 Day Rally by the sitting President deserved an hour of my time. Maybe I need to start building a bit of a bubble there, like Care4All. Or maybe I shouldn't--should remain informed. I don't know. It troubled me.

There is a difference between the person and the political agenda. The two are different. I disagree with the agenda but it's not much different then the platform other republicans have run on. But I don't like what I've seen in the man.

------------------------------------- take it anyway you like but if you have young people [kiddos] you might want to start getting them ready for the 'norks' and iran that mrobama and other administration have allowed to prosper and build themselves up JQP !!

And I assume you have a simple solution for those complex problems?

don't know what complex problems you refer to . The norks and iran can be taken care of by a strong USA military and a strong 'CiC' carrying a big USA military stick while being ready to use that big USA military stick Coyote .

Well, Hillary had more of the popular vote, but she had distribution problems due to the
Electoral College. Don't ever suggest that most Americans are Trump supporters. Most Americans are part of a much higher class.

No she didn't......more and more states are finding thousands of bogus votes for the old witch and it's been proven over and over again her vote totals in Kali were the difference. Trump kicked in her colostomy bag in 30 states.

Patience, patience.

Hmmm. It seems Obama was listening to the American people when they collectively suggested they were tired of war. Also, surely you remember the economic mess Obama inherited, don't you? After all Republicans had destroyed the economy with unfunded wars and undermined the war effort by giving tax breaks to the rich. How was Obama expected to stop Iran or any other nation under those circumstances? He certainty couldn't rely on a hostile Congress; one top heavy with racist demagoguery.

Last edited:
I didn't hear a lot of misinformation. The mask was off, though, and the mean-spirited side of the man was out in full force. And WHAT is with the crowd? It was scary.

It was a bunch of dumb fucking yokels, begging Trump to fuck them harder.
That's rich......coming from Democrat voters.
I guess you're used to it by now.....getting fucked by Democrats and being told it's for your own good.

C-rQaymU0AAni9k.jpg
What's best for the U.S. is stopping Trump's agenda. Surprisingly, lots of members of the GOP have joined the efforts to defend America from Trump, which shocks me as I thought there was no integrity left in the GOP.
What's best for the U.S. is keeping Democrats from being in power.
After 8 years of Obama's disastrous results you still cannot recognize it.......mainly because you really don't care.
I personally, did not think the USA could survive the the wall street and mortgage crashes and housing bubble bust of 2007/ 2008 and am grateful Obama helped get us through the biggest world wide financial and economic crisis in our lifetime! All economic numbers are northbound, compared to when he first got started. :clap:

No she didn't......more and more states are finding thousands of bogus votes for the old witch and it's been proven over and over again her vote totals in Kali were the difference. Trump kicked in her colostomy bag in 30 states.
What bogus link are you using?

Patience, patience.

Hmmm. It seems Obama was listening to the American people when they collectively suggested they were tired of war. Also, surely you remember the economic mess Obama inherited, don't you? After all Republicans had destroyed the economy with unfunded wars and undermined the war effort by giving tax breaks to the rich. How was Obama expected to stop Iran or any other nation under those circumstances? He certainty couldn't rely on a hostile Congress; one top heavy with racist demagoguery.
-------------------------------------------------- mrobama kissed iranian azz with his nukes deal and transfer of billions of USA dollars to 'iran' .

Most people don't pay attention to their 'sixth sense', when they sense something isn't right. It was clear to many and is becoming clear to most now that trump is a child trapped in a man's body. And he has the mentality and temper (or lack of) that a child has.

An astute observation that the crowds resembled the crowds for Kim Jong Un. Trump has praised a number of the vilest dictators around the world. He recently praised Kim Jong Un for doing a 'tough job at his age'. Trump is a danger to the Republic. He talks constantly about 'doing something about the press and the courts'. Doing something? Sorry chump you aren't a dictator and you have to eat the spoon fed shit the courts give you. The people that follow him don't operate on reason, they only operate on gut level emotion. This is true on a general level with conservatives but with trump followers it is an absolute.
The people that follow him don't operate on reason, they only operate on gut level emotion. This is true on a general level with conservatives but with trump followers it is an absolute.
I can't go that far; there are plenty of decent reasonable conservatives out there who for some reason thought they could control Trump once he got in office. I believe they were wrong and we will see more and more of the unpleasant side of him as he gets comfortable in his position. As you pointed out, the other two branches of government will hold him in check, so I'm not too worried about him demolishing the country. It's just disgusting to watch him.

It was a bunch of dumb fucking yokels, begging Trump to fuck them harder.
That's rich......coming from Democrat voters.
I guess you're used to it by now.....getting fucked by Democrats and being told it's for your own good.

C-rQaymU0AAni9k.jpg
What's best for the U.S. is stopping Trump's agenda. Surprisingly, lots of members of the GOP have joined the efforts to defend America from Trump, which shocks me as I thought there was no integrity left in the GOP.
What's best for the U.S. is keeping Democrats from being in power.
After 8 years of Obama's disastrous results you still cannot recognize it.......mainly because you really don't care.
I personally, did not think the USA could survive the the wall street and mortgage crashes and housing bubble bust of 2007/ 2008 and am grateful Obama helped get us through the biggest world wide financial and economic crisis in our lifetime! All economic numbers are northbound, compared to when he first got started. :clap:
:clap::eusa_clap::desk::bow2::bowdown:

Patience, patience.

-------------------------------------------------- mrobama kissed iranian azz with his nukes deal and transfer of billions of USA dollars to 'iran' .
I hear it was Iran's own money being returned to them. Obama just showed he isn't a thief.

gut level emotion , that was certainly proven true of mrobamas and illary supporters . See the crying and whining videos when 'illary' lost to the Trump Oldlady .

Forum List

Back