The abortion that could cost a mother her children

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
The abortion that could cost a mom her family - Salon.com

When they divorced in 2011, Houston megabanker Manuel John Mehos, 59, had no problem granting Lisa Mehos, 38, sole custody of the couple’s two young children in New York City. But after Mehos, founder, president and CEO of several banks, was charged with battering his ex-wife, he changed his mind and decided he was the better parent. He claimed the black eye, fractured finger and hematoma his ex-wife suffered were not from abuse, but from botox injections. And the charges were ultimately dropped. But, Mehos and his lawyers argued, it was actually Lisa whose behavior made her unfit to care for her children. You see, in addition to a botox procedure, Lisa had an abortion.

Lisa Mehos wasn’t surprised, she told me, when she learned that Manuel’s attorneys had subpoenaed her medical records to use against her in the custody battle. She said her husband was relentless, as was his attorney, Eleanor Alter, who had already put Lisa under ongoing video surveillance. When she learned that Alter sought to use the abortion that she’d had nearly a year after her divorce as evidence that she was unfit for custody, she wasn’t surprised either. Nor was she surprised that Alter referred to the abortion as a “late” abortion, though it was performed within the first trimester. But when the judge — Acting Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Lori Sattler — agreed to allow the abortion into the custody proceedings, Lisa Mehos was “completely shocked,” she said.

Neither Judge Sattler nor Manuel Mehos’ legal team have responded to my requests for comment.

This is despicable, and I hope the judge is removed.

• Banned
Judge's decision to allow Lisa Mehos' abortion to be used as evidence in New York custody case causes stir - NY Daily News

His attorney is a stone-cold bitch. Yes. I understand that's her job. I'm just always surprised to see how low they can literally go.

“[At] the time that she told him that he couldn’t have the children for Easter because he was an atheist, she was having an abortion,” Alter said, a court transcript shows.

Alter said she should also be allowed to question Lisa Mehos about the procedure because “this is a woman who complains that she’s under great stress only caused by Mr. Mehos. I would be the first person to acknowledge that having an abortion, especially a two- to three-month late abortion, would be stressful.”

She said she also wanted to know whether the kids “were exposed to this man, how it all came about.”

“If this man was coming in the house, if she’s out of the house to see him, if it was date rape, that’s relevant,” Alter said.

I heard about this yesterday. How sickening, to get custody of kids just because the woman had an abortion. For Gods sake, this judge should not be allowed to continue to hear this case!

Forum List

Back