The Amazing Race

I'm so glad someone posted....and I got the thread back on my CP.....I had forgotten all about it.

I can't believe I'm actually rooting for Brenchel.....the three other teams that have ganged up against them are becoming really hateful. What Rachel and Brendon did (U-turn) is part of the game, and although nobody likes it done to them, you just have to deal with it.

Even though the three teams were helping each other in order that they stay ahead of Rachel and Brenden, the Country girls managed to come in last. Too bad they didn't get eliminated, I wouldn't have minded if they had, they have become rather snarky.

My favorites are now Rachel/Brenden and the Cowboys....the Cowboys are so nice and are working so hard, that if Rachel/Brenden don't win, then I wish the Cowboys win.

Just caught up on 4 episodes.

The Brenchel-hatred from the other teams seems like middle-school nastiness to me. Someone doesn't get to be immune to U-turns just because he's older. That move earned the Brenchels $15,000 for winning the leg, hence it was a good move. I'm almost to the point of cheering for them, just because of how the other teams act.

You and I picked up on the same thing. I don't like the father/son team because they are acting so damn snarky toward Brenden and Rachel. I haven't seen any snarkiness come from Rachel and Brenden in this game....I think Rachel has really changed her attitude and I don't mind rooting for someone that is able to keep from retaliating in a snarky way when being treated so snarky by the other three teams.

Wow, last night's Amazing Race was really exciting. I was really pulling for Brendon and Rachel and I was so disappointed when I saw that they picked up the wrong size boot - and after all that work flinging it to the end had to go back and do it all over again.

The Afghanimals are so funny, I hated to see them lose, but I was glad that Rachel and Brendon made it to the final three.

The country singers were amazing shooting skeet....and so were the afhanimals...

Next Sunday should be interesting.

In their previous season, the Afghanimals were kind of shady and did some underhanded things and it took me awhile to like them this season. But they did seem to have cleaned up their act and were pretty decent this season so I felt some sympathy for them being the last team to arrive last night. I thought the old whiny Rachel returned there for awhile, but they managed to overcome their selfmade adversity. That wasn't the first time she has been really crappy at reading and following instructions. :)

So I'll have a tough time in the finale next week. I love the blonds and I love the father/son team and I have to admit Rachel and whatsit deserve to be in the finale. Don't know yet now who I will be pulling for to win.

I hate brenchel and hope they drop down to 3rd place. I want the father and son team to win but was rooting for the afghanimals cuz they had lots of humor.

I was glad to see the Blondes finally did something on their own this week. I wanted the Afghanis there and not the Blondes. I am really rooting for Brenchel, they've really been working for it.

I guess I want Brenchel to take everything.

I dunno about the baby, but I would bet even money that Rachel will cry. :)

You're probably right....but she has shown amazing maturity in the way she has been handling the snags in their game. I'm truly impressed with her and I have always liked Brendon, so I'm hoping that they will be able to beat the other two teams.

Go Brenchel.....:D

That is just so stupid. "If we win, I can have a baby". Gimme a break.
Gawd I can't stand them.

If the Brenchels don't win the million, does that mean Rachel never gets to have a baby?

I think Brendon wants to finish school before embarking into parenthood, but if they win the money, it wouldn't matter that he is still in school, they would have the money to support a baby. I'm sure we haven't seen the end of Brenchel....:eusa_whistle:

I hope the Father and Son win.
It would be cool to have the oldest and the youngest win, for the history of the game.

I hope the Father and Son win.
It would be cool to have the oldest and the youngest win, for the history of the game.

Yes, I tend to find myself emotionally pulling for them too, but I won't know who I really want to win until Sunday night when I'll find out who I am most cheering for. :)

Rachel already won 500k in BB. She's the one who spoiled TAR's F3 this season and the order they finish in. The team that wins will win by a mile.

Any of the three finalists would've been okay by me.

I missed both Big Brother and the previous TAR season with Rachel, so she's an entirely new phenom with me.

I disapprove in general of swapping reality TV celebrities among shows, such as putting Rob and Amber on TAR. And of all-star shows. There are millions of new people out there wanting to give it a try, please use them.

I didn't realize Rachel had been on BB. But then I didn't start watching BB until the most recent season. I guess I have mixed emotions about the repeats--sometimes it does add interest to have somebody you already know as an interesting personality as it doesn't take so many sessions to really get to know people and relate to them (or hate them :))--but I tend to agree with Mamooth on this one. Best to have all new people. I can't believe there aren't qualified people eager to get onto these shows.

Spoiler alert--for those of you who DVRed the finale last night and haven't watched it yet. . . I'm going to discuss the winner. . . . .

Okay. . . .so my favorite pair won and I was tickled for them though I was emotionally pulling for the blonds who didn't win anything for the whole race--no first place rewards, etc. The father/son had won at least three very nice first place awards.

But I had to wonder in the final edit of last night's finale. Didn't it seem they went way out of their way to make Rachel as obnoxious and unattractive as possible--zeroed in on her nastier side? Was that on purpose?

That was the most boring AR finale I remember seeing.

I haven't watched that many, but the ones I do remember had challenging stages which required people to remember things about their whole experience. Last night was about who had the most aggressive cabdriver.

Proving you can count to 241 was not a worthy challenge for the end of a million dollar race.

That was the most boring AR finale I remember seeing.

I haven't watched that many, but the ones I do remember had challenging stages which required people to remember things about their whole experience. Last night was about who had the most aggressive cabdriver.

Proving you can count to 241 was not a worthy challenge for the end of a million dollar race.

You know, I tend to agree. It was pretty anti-climatic wasn't it. Maybe that's why I felt so unsatisfied after it was over.

But I had also DVRed "The Hunt for Red October" so we had something good to watch after AR. Good movie.

Forum List

Back