🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The American Conservative

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
News magazine story

It is hard to see what interest the U.S. has in fighting Iranian-backed militias in Iraq almost seventeen years after the initial invasion. One reason that the U.S. is endlessly at war in that part of the world is that our government keeps looking for excuses to have U.S. forces where they are not needed or wanted.

US Forces in the ME ARE the primary problem in the ME- the US has been the problem in the ME, officially, since 1953.

Give those governments a single, clear warning about our interests, and come home.

If they attack our interests, destroy their infrastructure. Send no troops.

What is our answer to Muslim aggression?
Since 1953 who has been the leader of aggression world wide? Muslims? Begets begets. Some things cannot be denied.

So, no answer? That is not good enough.

Today, our answer is to try to make them into liberal democracies, like ourselves.

It is not working.

We need a new answer. But no one is capable of real debate in this country anymore.

• Banned
our interests
I agree, in part- however, when one allies with one, then interests become entangled (Washington and jefferson, neither of whom were exactly sheepish, didn't think foreign entanglements were wise and our recent History proves them correct)- our CIA entangles us with Britain in 1953 so British Petroleum could access and control Iran's natural resources- since it was the CIA we have to figure the threat of Russia taking it over was involved- our interest? No, not really- unless we "feared" the "communist", which at the time was not a threat- fearing someone is not really our interest, especially someone not capable of getting here, (muslims/Islamist) en masse- today our fears are trumped up charges so our military will remain, indefinitely, in the ME to prop up/force the US Federal Reserve Note dominance in the oil rich ME.

So, what is your new answer?
Same as it has been for years- we're a representative republic. We have a set of rules for godvernment to follow. Follow them.
Don't be an acolyte for godvernment rule. Leave your space a little better than you found it. Realize and respect that "all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights"- practice Liberty and Justice for ALL- realize there are no caveats in all-
Pretty simple really. Simple is not spelled easy- nothing worth having is easy- instant gratification brings buyers remorse-

So, what is your new answer?
Same as it has been for years- we're a representative republic. We have a set of rules for godvernment to follow. Follow them.
Don't be an acolyte for godvernment rule. Leave your space a little better than you found it. Realize and respect that "all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights"- practice Liberty and Justice for ALL- realize there are no caveats in all-
Pretty simple really. Simple is not spelled easy- nothing worth having is easy- instant gratification brings buyers remorse-

Your evasion of my question, as to what your answer is, shows that you do not have one.

Which is fine. It is a tough question.

BUT, if you cannot even speculate on an answer, you should be more nuanced in your criticism of others' answers.

Your evasion of my question, as to what your answer is, shows that you do not have one.
I responded directly to your question- that you choose to ignore what I said speaks to your lack of desire to know- I can't help you with that- I give my opinions, based on knowledge and experience and observation of (conservatively speaking) 51 years- the first 21 I'm not counting except I've never stopped learning since I got here, Dec 19, 1947- knowledge isn't biased in it's origin- what one chooses to do with it is their choice- choice being key- which ALL men have, like it or not- and, "I" choose to strive to leave my space a little better than I found it- that you, and those like you believe a godvernment will do it for you speaks for you being an acolyte- look it up- words mean things-

you should be more nuanced in your criticism of others' answers
You don't have the authority to tell me, or anyone else other than your juvenile off spring, what they should do- words mean things like it or not

I responded directly to your question- that you choose to ignore what I said speaks to your lack of desire to know- I can't help you with that- I give my opinions, based on knowledge and experience and observation of (conservatively speaking) 51 years- the first 21 I'm not counting except I've never stopped learning since I got here, Dec 19, 1947- knowledge isn't biased in it's origin- what one chooses to do with it is their choice- choice being key- which ALL men have, like it or not- and, "I" choose to strive to leave my space a little better than I found it- that you, and those like you believe a godvernment will do it for you speaks for you being an acolyte- look it up- words mean things-

Foreign policy is a government function. American Conservatives have always recognized that.

Defense or waging war is a government function. American Conservatives have always recognized that.

you should be more nuanced in your criticism of others' answers
You don't have the authority to tell me, or anyone else other than your juvenile off spring, what they should do- words mean things like it or not

Correct. My words have no more weight than the Truth they contain.

But it is true, that you have been very harsh against what others have done, while offering no clear alternative.

You did not even ask me what MY answer was.

Terrorism doesn't happen in a vacuum. These people are well aware of the political climate in the U.S. and posts like these that blame America encourage the violence directed at the U.S.

Forum List

Back